What is your analysis of the Canadian hockey players in Torino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoyotesIce99

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The performance of the Canadian hockey players both good & bad.

The bad:
1.Rick Nash-- he is just plain terrible. Not only was he not contributing offensively, he was a liability. Took bad penalties, very poor defensively, his physical play was invisible. But I am willing to give him a break because he is too young & inexperienced.

2.Pronger-- old, slow, stupid, & shows no leadership. The last three games he was on the ice most of the time when opponents scored against us. He helped the Russians score 2 goals against us. The list of bad play he made is too long to continue.

3.Thornton-- did nothing other than winning few faceoffs. Appears uptight & confused what to do. I always thought the time has come for Thornton to be the player that will carry the Canadian team but I guess I was wrong. Invisible big time.

4.The line of Iginla, Sakic, Gagne was terrible. Sakic consistenty losing faceoffs in our zone & was pushed around by opponents a lot. He appears old & lost a step. Iginla had some chances but could not score, he also took some bad penalties& was not physical. Gagne should have used more of his speed but he never did.

5.Redden-- he is a player I thought is ready to be the top defenceman to carry Canada to the top. We can’t depend on Blake, Pronger, Foote, Neidermeyer forever, they are getting old & will probably never play for Canada again. But Redden’s play at the Olympic was weak, did not make any major impact, got pushed around by opponents, did not provide any offence from the back end. He is just a disappointment.

6.Bertuzzi-- uptight & undisciplined. He doesn’t seem to be a good skater on large ice as he fell on the ice all the time. He did try very hard & had some chances.

7. Our powerplay just plain suck & lead to our misery.

The good:

1.Richards-- got better each game. Created some offensive chances, won many faceoffs.
2.Brodeur & Luongo-- did their job well.
3.Doan -- is one of the reasons opponents could not score as many powerplay goals against us. Doan consistently helped kill off the PP chances opponents have, he is physical, he showed up & did his job. Quinn should have used him more in the checking role too instead of just killing penalties.
4.St. Louis & LeCalvier created some scoring chances but not enough. They did play better the last 3 games.
5.Blake—played OK. Not getting any offence from him in the back end really hurt our powerplay.

nameht

Dec 3, 2005
I think you missed Ryan Smith ...he should be included in the Good or maybe a better title woudl be The Bad..and the Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad