What is wrong with Ritchie Regher???

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Peter, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter

Peter Registered User

Home Page:
    Ritchie Regher continues to play solid hockey for the Portland Winter Hawks but he never seems to get a NHL contract or offer. What is the matter with his game??

2. In all fairness, there are a lot of players who play very well in junior, but are never good enough to crack a pro lineup.

3. andora

andora Registered User

he'll be fine, should turn into a solid ahler who will have his contract purchased i'm sure somewhere down the road and if he gets bigger and more physical, could see atleast a sniff in the big league...

nothing before 24/25 imo though.. good player still

4. therobman27

therobman27 Registered User

Home Page:
    regehr is the perfect example of a player that puts up huge numbers, but does not always help his team. He still has major steps to make in his defensive game before he even gets a sniff at the NHL. Also, he is not even close to physical enough. He is more like Kevin Haupt of the Winter Hawks of 4 years ago than a legit pro-prospect. Andrew Ference was a more dominating player in Junior than Regehr and he is a 5th to 6th defenseman. Regehr has talent, and maybe the best slapshot in the WHL, but he has a long long way to go before he can think about the NHL. I am not saying he can't make it, but from what I have seen, he really has major flaws in his game.

5. PhoPhan

PhoPhan Registered User

I believe he played for the Coyotes in a few pre-preseason games (either during or prior to the Pacific Division rookie tournament).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.