What is wrong with Miller, McGuire, and Sutter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Why do they keep saying Crosby isnt getting ice cause he's not playing hard enough..

Why isn't sutter playing him.. he scores whenever he's on (the pp).. they need to play him and Bergeron more..

Miller and Mcguire just say things that aren't even true about Crosby...

my favorite was " Sidneys not getting the icetime cause sutter doesn't think he's working hard enougn.."

thats the stupidest statement ive ever heard... he wins every battle he's in.. if anything their line only struggles whewn their not on the pp because PERRY has troubles not winning his battles on the boards... and his lack of neutral zone skating.. i dunno
just think their over critical of Crosby.. i kno alot of you are .. so this should be a fun thread.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Crosby has made a few critical errors in his own zone today. He seems to be fighting the puck and himself out there. I think he's playing hard. That's not what's in question. I really think Crosby is just having an off-day. Sutter wants the pedal to the floor all the time. Thus if he doesn't think Crosby is playing up to his potential, he can take a seat and reward the players who are clicking. This team has 3 awesome offensive lines and an energy line that can put the puck in as well. If Crosby is going to struggle, then there is no problem putting on any other player from the team. Crosby isn't god like some like to believe.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
ktownhockey said:
Why do they keep saying Crosby isnt getting ice cause he's not playing hard enough..

Why isn't sutter playing him.. he scores whenever he's on (the pp).. they need to play him and Bergeron more..

my favorite was " Sidneys not getting the icetime cause sutter doesn't think he's working hard enougn.."

thats the stupidest statement ive ever heard... he wins every battle he's in.. if anything their line only struggles whewn their not on the pp because PERRY has troubles not winning his battles on the boards... and his lack of neutral zone skating.. i dunno
just think their over critical of Crosby.. i kno alot of you are .. so this should be a fun thread.

Considering that these guys have more high level hockey experience (watching, analyzing, playing, coaching) in their fingernails than any of us probably have in our whole bodies I think that if they all agree on something............. just maybe they are right????

Crosby has not had one of his better games today.

Vic Rattlehead*

ktownhockey said:

He coughed up the puck twice in one shift. He had a so-so game, didn't play very well.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
ktownhockey said:

They're saying it because it's true. I agree with what everyone else has said, Crosby did not have a strong game. To be honest, I haven't been overly impressed with him so far in the tournament. He hasn't had to do much to score his goals, he's been able to bang passes home with little in the way. Yes, he's still scoring goals, but that doesn't tell the whole story. His defensive game has been lacking a little and he seems to be fighting the puck at times. To say the reason why the line is struggling is because of Perry is nonsense. Perry has been strong most of the tournament and his skating has not been an issue.

This seems to be the same story with all the Crosby threads. He's god, he can do know wrong. Well guess what, he's playing with guys that are at the same level as him and with more experience, some of these guys will outperform him, it's that simple. You can bet he'll come back with a stronger game in the semis.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
I wouldn't come close to saying that Crosby hasn't been impressive or hasn't played well in the tournament. I think he's been quite good. Great offensively, and more than adequate defensively. He's worked and battled hard. However, its true. In the game against the Finns he didn't have a strong game. When the TSN duo say that Sutter's sitting him because he hasn't been working hard enough, they mean in that particular game. And they were right, he had a bad first period. With the depth Team Canada has, Sutter can afford to sit him down for a bit to send a message. Its just coaching, thats all it is. And it isn't a big deal.

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
they began sayin that in the 1st period when crosbys line had only played 3 shifts.. perrys first goal was scored right off the draw then they took them off immediately. i honestly to believe that perry brings that line down. He is great in the offensive end but he sucks defensively .. never gets the puck off the boards in his own end.. never gives a good break out pass, and this is the reason why he almost didn't make the team. they all knew he could score going in. I truly believe that if colliton was on their line they would have alot more even strength points.. i don't understand why they said this either..

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Whoa, the kid's 17. Still a young pup. He's making some mistakes for sure, but he can't be perfect all the time. He's made some defensive mistakes? Of course. All of them do. I've seen some great defensive play by Richards, but I've seen him cough up the puck on an easy dumping on a pk, on his backhand, that resulted in an excellent scoring chance. Does that make him a paria?

Crosby's bread and butter will be his offensive touch. He'll be heads and shoulders above everybody on this team when he starts wheeling in the NHL. We should stop trying to make him think defence too much. Never saw Bossy being asked to play a solid 2-way game...

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
Crosby hasn't been given the icetime all tournament. Somehow with Sutter the coach it doesn't surprise me.

To me it is annoying to say the least.

Anyhow, Canada will win regardless if Crosby plays or not.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sorry but this isn't but fun and games to show off Crosby so he can pad his stats. Sutter is trying to put the best team possible on the ice. if sitting Crosby is what he must do then he will do it.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
i think sutter's coaching results speak for themselves.

if crosby doesn't play much, and canada wins 8-1, what's the problem ?

no player is greater than the team (btw, i'm a huge fan of crosby's)

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
hawker14 said:
i think sutter's coaching results speak for themselves.

no player is greater than the team (btw, i'm a huge fan of crosby's)

I don't think he's bigger than the team... BUT I think he's so good in the offensive zone that you need to keep him playing...

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
hawker14 said:
HERE'S THE PROBLEM.It's not the right thing and eventually when you do the wrong thing long enough you will pay the price. If the coach has a premeditated preference to certain players, then when the going gets tough
he may not make the best intuitive decisions.Take last year for example Carters
line played great against the weaker teams but started to show signs of weakness
in the semi-final game and by the first period of the final it was very obvious that
line was struggling(more Brent Burns than his linemates) yet they were on the ice
more than anyone.

Also when you do the wrong thing it effects team chemistry and psychology.

Vic Rattlehead*

Crosby's line didn't seem to suffer without him. Bergeron had two assists and Perry had two goals

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
You don't give Crosby minutes in the preliminary round to make a statement. Canada had their spot locked up. You make Crosby ride the pine so that the entire team knows if they don't show they are giving an effort, they will sit out. Now that the medal rounds are starting, I'm sure he'll get more minutes and hopefully his time on the bench did him and the rest of the team some good.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Blueshirt13 said:
You don't give Crosby minutes in the preliminary round to make a statement. Canada had their spot locked up. You make Crosby ride the pine so that the entire team knows if they don't show they are giving an effort, they will sit out. Now that the medal rounds are starting, I'm sure he'll get more minutes and hopefully his time on the bench did him and the rest of the team some good.
So is that to say that he didn't show effort in the first 3 games?
Look, I hope you're right but I have my doubts.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
pei fan said:
So is that to say that he didn't show effort in the first 3 games?
Look, I hope you're right but I have my doubts.

Unfortunately I haven't seen the games and can't comment here. If he was not putting forward the effort that Sutter was hoping for though, wouldn't the preliminary rounds be a good time to make a statement about it and limit his minutes, hoping to inspire both him and the team (the team seeing that Sutter would sit anyone, including their star) going forward?

It's just my guess but if I was a coach and saw my star not putting forth the effort I expected from him, cutting his minutes in the preliminary round would be better for me than doing it when it really mattered.

KH1

Hmm...maybe, just maybe Sutter knows a little bit about hockey? When you cut your star player's minutes and your team wins 8-1, it doesn't seem to hurt that much. PEI fan, who's to say whether having Crosby ride the pine a little was the right thing or wrong thing to do? In my opinion, the coach is the most qualified person to make that decision.

If Canada comes out and lays an egg in the next game because Crosby isn't playing enough or they're emotionally scarred by his benching then you can attack these guys. But come on, your team just won 8-1, give it a rest!

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Maybe Crosby hasn't been playing much because well Canada's been penalized so much? He's not a Pker.

I'm sorry guys, but you overanalyze.

Dion Mustard*

Kritty said:
To say the reason why the line is struggling is because of Perry is nonsense.

Perry is a piece, not the whole thing. Without Perry, that line conitunes to click and score.

Kritty said:
Perry has been strong most of the tournament and his skating has not been an issue.

Lets be honest here. His hand eye was excellent on his first goal yesterday, but what in the world made him fall to begin with? His skating is an issue, and if it wasn't for Bergeron's stong play, there may be some more issues.

As far as Crosby's play, and lack of ice time, I like what Sutter is doing. No free rides. Your next shift is earned by your last shift. Hard all the time, no matter the score. This will tell what kind of hickey player Crosby is. Does he wilt, or does he go harder. Seems he will go harder, and with his talent, that is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->