What is Tyler Johnson's Potential?

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011
He's clearly already surpassed Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, and Stamkos..plus Ovechkin, if you count him anywhere near the top 10.

The sky is the limit, although I suspect we will not see his true potential until he is traded or signs to his childhood favorite team, Toronto. He's holding himself back playing in Tampa.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
dkxCjQr.jpg

Hey Guys

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm not sure if he can get any better. He already has shut down defensive capability and the best wrist shot on the team, his passing is superb as well. He's only limited by his size.

If the triplets can stay together they may continue to evolve their skill sets together too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm not sure if he can get any better. He already has shut down defensive capability and the best wrist shot on the team, his passing is superb as well. He's only limited by his size.

If the triplets can stay together they may continue to evolve their skill sets together too.

Yeah I mean he was already pretty developed as a player last year but lacked consistency, now he's found that I don't know where else he can go. As someone said earlier, Tampa would kill to have 10+ seasons like this one from Johnson so it really isn't a bad thing.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012

I agree. And it's no slight on him, obviously. However there are so many young pieces on that team and his line is so young they can continue to progress together. We haven't seen how high Kucherov or Drouin can go.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah I don't think there's another level at this point, just consistency at the high level he's already at, which is a 70+ pt top liner and an All Star (remember he did get picked, just couldn't play). I could be wrong though. I thought he was overachieving LAST year.

Agreed. He won't get better but that's not really a bad thing.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
He's clearly already surpassed Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, and Stamkos..plus Ovechkin, if you count him anywhere near the top 10.

The sky is the limit, although I suspect we will not see his true potential until he is traded or signs to his childhood favorite team, Toronto. He's holding himself back playing in Tampa.

But he will never sign in Toronto. Hes an American, it is bad enough Toronto is going to get all of the Canadian Super stars. Now they are going to get the American ones as well!? :cry:

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Watching Tampa this first round and a half he has instantly turned into one of my favourite players. As for his potential I'm not really sure but looking at his stats from junior and beyond he does seem to improve each year. Maybe he's at his peak and maybe not but either way he is really fun to watch and definitely was a steal by Tampa

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Honestly the sky's the limit. Playing with great forwards and himself being the main threat on the line? Or is it Kucherov who knows. But I never saw Jamie Benn winning the Art Ross. So I think he has potential to win it.

#saidBennwasatop10forwardpeoplelaughedatmeandthenhegoesandwintheArtross

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Pacioretty / Johnson / Kessel
Parise / Pavelski / Kane
Saad / Kesler / Oshie
Boyle / Sutter / JVR

That'll do, that'll do.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events