What is Timofei Shishkanov's Upside as an NHLer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The upside is big , could be a superstar 30+g . the guy is amazing i saw him dominate with the Remparts in his junior stage . He was a steal at the draft .

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Stevex said:
20-25 goals 50-60 points isnt exactly calling him a bust...

Very true. Around 50 NHLers last year were able to reach 60 points. If the Preds got 50-60 points out of this guy yearly, they'd be very glad considering where they selected him. Many first rounders don't even make the show. Who would call him a bust and why?

It's the best league in the world and goalies are disappointed when they give 2 goals in a game. The points do not come by easily in this league, no matter your talent level.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
ginblossoms said:
except nmk said that's what he "EXPECTED" of shishkanov and not just his "upside" (see post #6).

to me, that's pretty ridiculous for today's nhl.

He said he expected 25 goals and 60 points. His response was to 7NA who said that was top potential. He was merely stating that his top potential is likely more. And the upside is the title question of the lead post.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Everyone has forgotten the formula:

(Crosby)^4 / 5(Prospect)^1/2 = Prospects potential.

Now that we cleared that up, lets all continue to say that Preds fans are unrealistic for claiming our best sniper prospect is going to score more than 40 points! Just b/c he isn't in the NHL does not mean the kid isn't loaded with talent. That has to be the most asinine assumption I have seen on these boards in awhile.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He plays like a young Ruchinsky a bit. He reminds me a lot of Rosie. Just with a better shot.

And that's a compliment. Rosie's been a HELL of a player this year for NYR.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
nomorekids said:
but i was referencing upside\potential, since that's what we had been talking about the whole thread. pardon me if i gave too much credit to the people reading it.
it's all semantics really... i thought you meant "i expect shishkanov to reach those lofty point totals." apparently, you meant "i expect shishkanov's upside to be for that many points." either way, no harm done... and i still disagree... respectfully, mind you... :)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
ginblossoms said:
it's all semantics really... i thought you meant "i expect shishkanov to reach those lofty point totals." apparently, you meant "i expect shishkanov's upside to be for that many points." either way, no harm done... and i still disagree... respectfully, mind you... :)

fair enough.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I really like this cat, I think he is going to be a very good player, top line potential IMO. Whatever that may mean in points nowadays.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Shishkanov has an in-close peripheral vision that allows him to make elusive moves while skating full speed. This will allow him to be an extremely effective 5-on-5 guy.

However, I wonder about his vision and foresight. I don't know if he can play with others well enough to make him an ultra-effective, big-minutes powerplay guy...which all leading scorers in the NHL today seem to get.

If I had a say, I'd compare him to Maxim Afinigenov. But I also think these type of players are better suited for the Western Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad