What is the upside of Jeff Carter?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
is he a number one centre in the making... can he lead a team now, next year...

often been compared to Sundin, but i dont think he will be quite as good. He cant lead a team right now and i expect he still wont be able to next year, although he will be a very good player just not "the guy" yet. I believe he will be a player who continuosly improves and will take a little longer to reach his potential.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I don't get the Sundin comparison. I didn't watch hockey too much until Sundin had been in the league for a while though. I guess the size and hands are a good fit.

I think he has the makings of a number one centre. He's not a leader right now and he doesn't have to be. Even in the future I think Philly is banking on Richards to be the prototypical leader. Carter creates a lot of room and sees the play well. It looks like the line he's on right now is not finishing.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I agree with everyone else on this one.

Carter was high up on my list on draft day 03. He has the potential to be a great first line two way center who can probably be a point per game guy. The Sundin comparisons are a little off in style of play, as Carter is MUCH MORE physical, but almost perfect in combination of size, hands, and speed.

I'd kill to have Jeff Carter on this team, he's going to be a great player one day.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
my only problem with him is that he should shoot more. he has a great shot imo. other then that he is a great player.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
my only problem with him is that he should shoot more. he has a great shot imo. other then that he is a great player.

very Sundin'esque although at 35 he's finally getting over that. Hopefully Carter can figure out that he should shoot more a little sooner.

mooseOAK*

I agree with everyone else on this one.

Carter was high up on my list on draft day 03. He has the potential to be a great first line two way center who can probably be a point per game guy. The Sundin comparisons are a little off in style of play, as Carter is MUCH MORE physical, but almost perfect in combination of size, hands, and speed.

I'd kill to have Jeff Carter on this team, he's going to be a great player one day.

"MUCH MORE physical"? From what I have seen of Carter he is more of a perimeter player than anything else.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
very Sundin'esque although at 35 he's finally getting over that. Hopefully Carter can figure out that he should shoot more a little sooner.

yeah i agree. its wat thornton is trying to do now. he says it will give him more passing space and i believe it will. i dont know if you saw canucks vs. sharks. but in that game thornton actually decided to shoot instead of pass a couple of times on the pp. i really liked it. he had a shot in the post and luongo looked kind of shocked that he saw thornton shoot. it will definitely make the d more aggresive on you when you have the puck and then other guys will be wide open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->