Speculation: What is the Red Wings Firesale Going To Look Like?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
not much to sell off tbh.
Green? He just signed an extension. They wouldnt trade him unless he plays like shit and agrees to it.
Other than him? I guess Nyquist, Dekeyser, and ..... thats it?? They wont move young players.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Can we not call being terrible tanking. Nyquist is the likeliest to be moved this year. The Wings can probably get at least a 2nd round pick for him. Jensen might also be on the move for cheap depth for maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick at the deadline. Vanek will of course be made available if anyone is interested in him. Unless some teams goalie situation goes to ****, Howard is probably not being moved. I doubt Kronwall gets moved, likely only happens if he asks for one last shot at a cup.
St. Louis still doesn't have a goaltender :)

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Can we not call being terrible tanking. Nyquist is the likeliest to be moved this year. The Wings can probably get at least a 2nd round pick for him. Jensen might also be on the move for cheap depth for maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick at the deadline. Vanek will of course be made available if anyone is interested in him. Unless some teams goalie situation goes to ****, Howard is probably not being moved. I doubt Kronwall gets moved, likely only happens if he asks for one last shot at a cup.

Man, I'd give up Toronto's 2nd for Gustav Nyquist.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Simple, they are rebuilding, and there won't be a "fire sale"! They will trade off Nyquist, but most of the others are of little value, as far as players the Wings would trade away, either because of contract and/or decline in ability. The Wings won't be trading any of their prospects, obviously not Larkin, and very likely not Mantha. I would expect only a few of our veterans will be traded away, so there really isn't a fire sale to talk about. The Wings have been setting up for a rebuild for 2 plus years as it is, as every trade they have made, has been about adding draft picks, and moving veterans away.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
With all the NTCs and bad contracts I don't think it'll be much of a fire sale. Just hoping Holland can pull some magic with Nyquist a la Tatar.

Reactions: Go Wings

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
With all the NTCs and bad contracts I don't think it'll be much of a fire sale. Just hoping Holland can pull some magic with Nyquist a la Tatar.

I was going to say this as well. We have too many players with a NTC/NMC, which will make a fire sale almost impossible.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
They have to actually have players worth trading for in order to have a fire sale.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Not a ton to sell off but there are a few pieces that could help contenders. Nyquist the best piece they have but Vanek should also draw some interest, hopefully get a 3rd. Jimmy Howard could be helpful to a few teams, and also would come relatively cheap (3rd/4th). Trevor Daley, with like 50% retained given he has another year on his deal, is a possibility for a solid depth add.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I don’t think your turn around will take that long.

Mantha, Larkin, Berggren, Zadina, Veleno, Rasmussen, Smith, AA, Bertuzzi

Cholowski, Hronek, McIssac

That’s a healthy list of prospects/newbies in the NHL.

If anything, maybe besides a high elite forward this year, look for Dmen to round out after Cholowski.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Contracts I feel are movable

Nyquist- UFA this off season. Could be a good depth scoring move. Probably can land a 2nd at least come dead line, if he keeps up his good start, maybe a late first.

Daley- Similar to Nyquist, but one year after this left at 3 million. Would be happy with a second for him as well.

Helm (1 Million retained) to a contender looking for some speed and pk help. At 2.8 million after retainment, some teams should bite.

Other possibles:
-Vanek (NTC and typically underwhelming value though)
-Nick Jensen (decent depth move if a contender wants a good 6-7th defenseman.
-Howard could be a cheap option for a contending team looking to get a backup or a playoff bound team with goalie injuries.
-Glendenning to Toronto for a 4th to reunite him with his father Babcock.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
They really need young D with top pair potential. They have a decent collection of young forwards now, need to make sure the blueline keeps up with rhe rebuild.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Tradable:
Mike Green (Washington)
Darren Helm (Toronto)
Andreas Athanasiou (Pittsburgh, Edmonton)
Gustav Nyquist (Calgary, Toronto, San Jose)
Tyler Bertuzzi*
Niklas Kronwall*
Jonathan Eriksson (Vancouver)
Evgeny Svechnikov (Carolina)
Anthony Mantha*
Thomas Vanek*
Frans Nielsson*
Luke Glendening

Likely untradable trade bait:
Jonathan Bernier
Jimmy Howard
Justin Abdelkader
Trevor Daley

Untouchable unless the RIGHT deal were to happen:
Dylan Larkin
Dennis Cholowski
Michael Rasmussen
Filip Zadina

*Either tradable, untradable or untouchable
(Brackets is the team(s) that could likely be either suitable or a potential destination for the respective player)

But I think they're could help out with three-way trades with other teams for most of their trades in order to get them done. Also might take cap-dump and dumb contracts away from other teams.

I low-key wish this years' first-round pick was traded for Trouba, not just for the Jets' sake, but he's also from the Detroit area. It'll be easy for him to sign there, possibly even long-term for the money he's asking for.

Genuflexion

Aug 20, 2017
7fde4bd8d20a5f9512253cb3985a6e42.jpg

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Isles take Nielsen off your hands if you throw in a 3rd next year for a 7th

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I can't imagine your fellow fans would agree to this.

Actually, we never wanted him to leave. Not sure if we are in his no trade list though. We never found a replacement for him.

Note: Most of us blamed Snow for him leaving....at least I did.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
AA (Athanasiou), late 1st
late 1st (Nyquist)
late 3rd (Daley)
late 4th (Vanek)
Late 4th? (Howard)
Late 3rd (Jensen)
Late 3rd? (Ericsson)
Late 4th? (Kronner)...if he wants last shot at cup.

Helm (25% retention)
maybe Nielsen (25% retention)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad