What is the Oldest account on HFBoards?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Show yourself.

I think Fenway or buff are the indestructibles on this site. I have been here since September 6 1997.

For those who do not know why the start date is 2002 for the oldest memberships it is because for the longest time if a team sneezed the site would crash and the more seezes the longer tge site was off. So a complete reboot happened

For those who listen to tsn radio, Lowetide on tsn1260 was the OG mod on the oiler board.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've only been here 10 years but when I first joined, the main board was always a big fight between Flames and Oilers about which team and which city sucked the most. Fun stuff :laugh:

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I will be celebrating my 12th anniversary of joining this great community on March 7. It was a joy to be here in the good ole days of the Lady Advice thread & the good ole political wars.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The old twisty style version of this site lost all previous posts and history when they did the first upgrade, iicrc. But in terms of folks I remember from when I started coming here in the back half of the 90s, Gee Wally, Black Eye, empty netter, playmaker, and a few others were definitely on the Bruins section.

Reactions: BMC

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
s-l400.jpg

Kenobody

Aug 17, 2007
43.88°N 79.3°W
Decided to log in for the first time in years, and of course I see this thread...

I'm certainly nowhere near the oldest 1% of members, but I remember lurking this board during elementary and highschool (early 2000s) and then I made this account the summer before first year/freshman year University in 2007. I rarely posted because I was so young and felt uncomfortable voicing my opinions (and luckily they don't show up in my history, they were mostly childish reactions during game day threads from what I remember.)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Decided to log in for the first time in years, and of course I see this thread...

I'm certainly nowhere near the oldest 1% of members, but I remember lurking this board during elementary and highschool (early 2000s) and then I made this account the summer before first year/freshman year University in 2007. I rarely posted because I was so young and felt uncomfortable voicing my opinions (and luckily they don't show up in my history, they were mostly childish reactions during game day threads from what I remember.)

I posted 340 messages on one trip to the can.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I came on here officially in 2011, but I remember visiting the site way back in 2006. I was just really young and like @Kenobody said, was just too uncomfortable being that young sharing my opinions online.

Why did the Hockey Futures website shut down? It’s been years since I remember what the story was between the website and the forum boards.

Reactions: oilers'72

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I came on here officially in 2011, but I remember visiting the site way back in 2006. I was just really young and like @Kenobody said, was just too uncomfortable being that young sharing my opinions online.

Why did the Hockey Futures website shut down? It’s been years since I remember what the story was between the website and the forum boards.

Low hits is what I was told

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I think Fenway or buff are the indestructibles on this site. I have been here since September 6 1997.

For those who do not know why the start date is 2002 for the oldest memberships it is because for the longest time if a team sneezed the site would crash and the more seezes the longer tge site was off. So a complete reboot happened

For those who listen to tsn radio, Lowetide on tsn1260 was the OG mod on the oiler board.

I was the Crusher back in the 90s but hardly posted. The I didn't register here for a while after the transition. Was briefly Crusty the Clown then Legionnaire finally felt right.

I kinda laugh when they call us old or whatnot but I was 25 when I first registered. Time goes by so fast.

Also makes me giggle when some say they still won't be posting here before they hit "x" age. Yeah, you likely will because life slows down and it is an easy way to spend time at home with your SO and or children without having your time totally consumed.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad