What is the NHL potential of the following; Garlock, Lammers, Hunter, Bickell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
The players are Ryan Garlock, Bryan Bickell, John Lammers, and Eric Hunter. All seem to be highly rated as mid first round to early second round picks for the 2004 draft. Where do you see each going? What are you thoughts on each's NHL potential? Do you see any really climbing up the rankings thus making themselves top 15 picks? Thanks!

Roomer

TheGreek said:
Anyone?
Everyone knows about the top guys.
Anyone have info on some of the lesser known players?

Lammers apparently left Lethbridge wanting a trade.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I like Bickell a lot. He's not a power forward the way guys like Nathan Horton or Rick Nash (not to say his skill is at that level either, btw), but he is big, can skate and has good skills. Not first line skills, but I could see him being a second line, 25 goal, 60 point forward in the NHL. Something along the lines of Shane Doan is how I see it.

DR. Holiday

McKeens has Lammers 30 but I wonder how much stock you can put in that. Not too much based on what I've seen from them especially their western guys.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
yeah...

I am a sports writer down here in Lethbridge and it is true John Lammers has fled the coup as of this week but word is not out yet as to why he left or why he is demanding a trade but the local daily newspaper had a story on it today and basically it doesn't sound good for the Canes.

BCCHL inactive

Eric Hunter has the skill to be a 1st-2nd round pick, however his attitude is coming into question.

Hunter was a healthy scratch last night against Spokane (one of the WHL's best teams early on), and coach Lane Lambert's reasoning was the following....

"It was my decision. Every individual has to be committed every night... that's all I want to say."

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Van said:
Eric Hunter has the skill to be a 1st-2nd round pick, however his attitude is coming into question.

Hunter was a healthy scratch last night against Spokane (one of the WHL's best teams early on), and coach Lane Lambert's reasoning was the following....

"It was my decision. Every individual has to be committed every night... that's all I want to say."

That is commanly known as a "wake up call"

BCCHL inactive

The Pucks said:
That is commanly known as a "wake up call"

For sure...and it will probably happen to a few others this season too. Dempsey didn't have much control over the team, and Lambert taking over has brought many changes.

Before the snow hit, Lambert had the team playing soccer and football each once a week (I imagine indoor soccer will be a regular occurrence this winter), and before games, at 6:00pm, he sends the team for a 1-mile run, and if anybody doesn't make it back in 7 minutes, they don't play that night.

For Hunter specifically, he is in too good of shape to run a mile in over 7 minutes. Even I ran a mile in 6 minutes this summer while still out of shape (5'10", 215) ....so my guess is that Hunter showed up late for the morning skate or before the game last night. Either that, or he was slacking off in the morning skate.

Either way, whatever made Lambert put Hunter in a suit instead of a jersey last night is a good thing. The team will be putting forth a much better effort soon.

BCCHL inactive

Here is what will be in Friday morning's Prince George Citizen:

Challenge issued, challenge accepted.
That's the best way to boil down Eric Hunter's mindset after the 17-year-old forward, last year's rookie-of-the-year, was a healthy scratch for Wednesday's game against Spokane.

Hunter, arguably the most-skilled forward on the team, took the benching in stride. He'll be in the lineup tonight when the Cougars play their first of two games in Kamloops, the first meeting of the year between the rivals.

"I'm fine with it. I think the boys played well (in a 4-4 tie with the Chiefs) and it was maybe a wakeup call for me for how I've been playing," said Hunter, who said it the reasons he was sitting were clearly communicated to him by head coach Lane Lambert.

"I need to step it up a bit. I definitely think it's a challenge, and something that opened my eyes and will make me play a little harder. I don't get to watch a lot of hockey, so to see some of the things we're doing out there might have been good for me.

"We're a hard-working team on and off the ice, and we all have to be committed. That's the message. Lane is blunt about things, and that's good because there's no guesswork."

Rest of article: http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/20031114/20031114s1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad