Proposal: What is the Leafs plan once Hyman and Dermott come off LTIR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Unless the Leafs are on the road and unless the Marlies are on the road...
MLSE owns private jets, they can probably have a guy ready anywhere within 6 hrs,
For it to be an issue the injury would have to happen in a morning skate on a west coast road trip. Injuries do happen in warm up but 99% of the time any team will have to play 1 guy down in that instance.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm assuming there are people in here that have or are going to claim the Leafs are screwed etc etc.

They employ the guy who helped literally wrote the CBA & they knew this was going to be an issue for the entire summer. They have something worked out 100%.
One of the reasons I wanted to create this thread was to find out what that actually is or what are the options.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm assuming there are people in here that have or are going to claim the Leafs are screwed etc etc.

They employ the guy who helped literally wrote the CBA & they knew this was going to be an issue for the entire summer. They have something worked out 100%.
As written previously for someone else, :crossfing or :tinker: ?

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Sorry I've kind of stopped bothering after doing this so many times and having the posters ghost me and keep doing the same act in the next thread.
Is that an admission that you simply took a blind stab at what I might have said ?

As I wrote, simply trying to keep people honest.

But then, who does that since 2016 ?

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Is that an admission that you simply took a blind stab at what I might have said ?

As I wrote, simply trying to keep people honest.

But then, who does that since 2016 ?

Nope it's a statement that it's not worth 20 minutes fighting with the search for you to dismiss the proof. Like I said, I've done this a lot and haven't done it for a few months now due to this.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
you are taking the position in this thread that the Leafs are screwed when a player comes off LTIR, and there is no backup plan
When did I ever claim this ?

Do you mean to say that you also did not check before writing :

You were the the one saying "No way they can sign all 3", then
"No way Tavares goes to the Leafs" then,
"No way they keep everyone now that they got Tavares"

As I said, blind stab at an assumption.

Not very good for your credibility.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Nope it's a statement that it's not worth 20 minutes fighting with the search for you to dismiss the proof. Like I said, I've done this a lot and haven't done it for a few months now due to this.
I'm not sure if you know this poster's shtick, because he doesn't post too often, but his role is to essentially do whatever he can to prove Leaf fans wrong. It's one of those "Mom, I can't come down for dinner, someone said something WRONG on the internet and I have to respond!"

I bet he wants to respond to this saying "Ah, so you admit, he IS wrong!"

Anyways, I think the Leafs will be in tight as mentioned above, but it won't end them. if they have to play a game or two with one less body, is that the end of the world? Just means Matthews or Marner's lines play more 5v5 (and god knows Leaf fans want this anyways). Is it an ideal situation? Absolutely not, but the other option is trading players or signing Marner/Matthews/Kap/Johnsson/Kerfoot to shorter term deals, which isn't as ideal.

Reactions: Mitchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad