OT: What Is the Highest Level of Hockey You've Played?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
My beer league team could beat my high school team, so I guess beer league?

Can we clarify how good beer league is? Every beer league has a few guys who played minor pro. Really smarts when you lose to a guy with a hockeydb page.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Show boy in our presence. Played a little Jr. B for a season, last time being a real contributor was midget though.

Have played with/against former/current/future pro's in beer league action.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Can we clarify how good beer league is? Every beer league has a few guys who played minor pro. Really smarts when you lose to a guy with a hockeydb page.

I played both high school and beer league. I made it up to A league in beer league and we had former college players and a former minor pro. I'm pretty proud of playing A league (I do over 40 now) but I still considered high school my highest level in the poll.

Oh and I did manage to play against Brad May in beer league once when he was still on the Canucks so that's something (it was summer and he was buddies with the Jack Astor's Team).

Last edited:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Does street hockey count if you only played it running (no blades), with just a few friends from time to time, barely keeping score? Because I did that like 10 years ago.

Otherwise I'll need a PS4 option as well.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
My highest level is College - inter murals and club for one season. My answer would have to change to HS if College means NCAA D1 or D3. (My school was not ACHA affiliated back then.)

Been a B/C level beer leaguer most of my hockey life however.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I was trying to figure that out, too.

I played youth hockey through 7th grade (first year PW at the time) and then got back on the ice in college and have played pick up and beer league/intramurals ever since.

I went with beer league.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I've played hockey in Thailand, The Philippines, The UAE, and Australia besides more usual countries like Japan, South Korea, France, Germany, England, Italy and Canada

Thats cause you have probably grown up with the game. I have grown up with different sports that are typical for the population here. That doesnt mean I am not allowed to watch, understand and discuss the game which is what the OP and Jame implied in the original thread. Different circumstances for everyone... In my home country there are 2 ice rinks, 4 hockey teams, no one cares about it and such things as beer league, street hockey and high school hockey don't exist. Since Ive moved to the UK none of the cities Ive lived in has hockey rinks either and frankly I am too old and clumsy to start playing now anyway. My hockey world is watching NHL and enjoying doing so even if all my life it has been in the middle of the night. Someone talking down a person that has invested thousands of hours to watch, listen (dial-up internet era...) and learn about the game in countries with 0 hockey tradition is embarrassing.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Thats cause you have probably grown up with the game. I have grown up with different sports that are typical for the population here. That doesnt mean I am not allowed to watch, understand and discuss the game which is what the OP and Jame implied in the original thread. Different circumstances for everyone... In my home country there are 2 ice rinks, 4 hockey teams, no one cares about it and such things as beer league, street hockey and high school hockey don't exist. Since Ive moved to the UK none of the cities Ive lived in has hockey rinks either and frankly I am too old and clumsy to start playing now anyway. My hockey world is watching NHL and enjoying doing so even if all my life it has been in the middle of the night. Someone talking down a person that has invested thousands of hours to watch, listen (dial-up internet era...) and learn about the game in countries with 0 hockey tradition is embarrassing.

Don't take it personally. This post wasn't a hit on you. It was more of a curiosity thing. And I think anyone who has played any level of hockey can tell you there are guys who have played for years who still have ZERO hockey sense. But at the same time, it does make it easier (for me at least) to recognize situations and anticipate player reactions when you have been in similar situations yourself. But it's not necessary.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Don't take it personally. This post wasn't a hit on you. It was more of a curiosity thing. And I think anyone who has played any level of hockey can tell you there are guys who have played for years who still have ZERO hockey sense. But at the same time, it does make it easier (for me at least) to recognize situations and anticipate player reactions when you have been in similar situations yourself. But it's not necessary.

I meant the post in the other thread supporting Jame 'it certainly helps'. Yeah, probably if you have played at pro level or something. But one can't say just because someone played high school hockey 10 years ago he automatically has better understanding of today's pro hockey game than someone that just watches and reads about hockey. That was my point.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Fell in love with hockey too late to be a player, sadly. My wife is in the process of teaching me how to ice skate.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Fell in love with hockey too late to be a player, sadly. My wife is in the process of teaching me how to ice skate.

There are guys in their 40s in the Learn to Play/Developmental League down at my rink in NC. They have a blast! Then they eventually move up to C3, etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->