What is the "expectation" for Drouin this year?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
My expectations are that he will be miss used, scapegoated, fans will demand a trade, Habs will ask for 238419234291 first round picks so no one makes an offer, his value will drops, fans flip out, he will get traded for very little, he will then play much better and enjoy the last half of his career and maybe even get a shot at the cup.

This thread is about Drouin, not Desharnais.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I don't know how it will all pan out but if he gets about 60 points and doesn't get into it with the press or CJ that would be okay for year one. he still has time to grow into what hab fans hope he will ultimately be but the pressure to be the team's saviour is going to be incessant from the jump.

I do not expect him to play center even as much as that is a need for the habs, but he is going to get a lot of ice time.

member 256847

Assuming Julien has to make up for a questionable D that can't move the puck well and a serious lack of talent down the middle with a very hermetic defensive system, around 60pts would be a good season for Drouin. Can't ask much more with the current supporting cast.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
60+ pts will be expected.

If he if healthy and only manages 50 pts or so, I think that will be considered a disappointment. The habs didnt give up sergachev and a 2nd for a 20g/50pt winger

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm not sure if moving to a more defensive system with less talent in the top 6 equates well to expecting a career offensive year from Drouin.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
To be equal in value to Radulov + whatever Sergachev will become in a few years.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
This thread is about Drouin, not Desharnais.

This thread is about a habs player. Hopefully the poor guy never gets a letter on his chest. He is already being punished enough for his prior behaviour.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's really going to depend on how well the Habs PP clicks. I don't think he's going to do more than ~30-35 points ES.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
20-25g and 50-60 points. Similar production to last year if he doesn't catch lightning in a bottle. If he does, I could see 70 points. It may boil down to how he's used.

I don't know whether the club will load up a line, or where they plan to play him. I could see scenarios where they load up a first line with him, Alex and Max. I could see that as the first PP unit. I can also see where he might work the point on the PP and be a distributor.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
60+ pts will be expected.

If he if healthy and only manages 50 pts or so, I think that will be considered a disappointment. The habs didnt give up sergachev and a 2nd for a 20g/50pt winger

The two picks are conditional.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/...ightning-marc-bergevin-draft-pick-blockbuster

There are no guarantees that Sergachev plays 40 games, but there are holes after the Bolts' first pair. He could easily slot into the third pair and have Girardi cover for him. I'm not sure what Tampa's internal thoughts are, but I can't imagine they'd trade for a kid they don't intend to play. He made the Habs out of camp last year at barely 18 (late birthday). If he doesn't make the Bolts out of camp, I'd be a little worried. In the event he does play 40 or more, it's a straight one-for-one deal.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Drouin will be expected to rescue a franchise that Bergevin has already sunk. When he can't, RDS will blame Galchenyuk. :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
~50 points, with the crap centers on that team and Julien's defensive style I'm not expecting him to have too much help. Maybe he clicks setting MaxPac up and hits 60, but I wouldn't set that as the expectation.

The Habs may have crap centres in general but Drouin played with Brian Boyle last year, so it should be easy to beat that.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He also played on a more attacking & better team last year than he'll have around him this year.

more attacking? Tampa was 14th in GF last season, and MTL was 15th
Better team? Tampa was 18th in points in the league last year, Montreal was 7th.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Disappointing: 45-50 Pts, injured, team is out in round 1

Horrible: 40-50 pts, team misses the playoffs

Acceptable: 50-60, team makes it to the 2nd or 3rd round

Defying: 60-80 pts, team makes it to the third round or finals with Drouin driving the play all playoffs long

I wouldn't say 60pts is defying. I'd have that cut off at 70pts.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Why is "expectation" in quotes?

Cause it's not about a leafs player so it has to have a bit of sarcasm.

I'd day anything more than 55pts is a successful year on the ice.

My concern is off the ice. Was all the drama in Tampa an outlier or is it going to be somewhat regular? I have no idea but that to me is the biggest concern.

The dude is stupid talented, that's no question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->