What is the "expectation" for Drouin this year?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Traded for their top prospect who Habs fans loved, and given a nice contract.

What would be considered disappointing, horrible, acceptable, or defying expectations?

I assume Drouin is going to be given PP time and tons of ice time. I am curious what many fans think Drouin will bring to the habs.

For me, I would say he needs to at least match Radulov's 54 points from last year, as many fans are seeing him as his replacement. A season like that without some major issues like regular defensive gaffs would be successful. I would also expect him to lead the Habs to the playoffs as I think he is seen as their future up front.

Thoughts? Habs fans feel free to chime in with what you guys think.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
He's basically gonna become the main man on the habs isn't he? I don't know too much about the habs offence but he seems like the mostly like to drive the offence outside of maybe Galchenyuk.

I'd say a big year could be in the mix. I watched ever game he ever played in the Q. If there's one guy who can make the big plays with anybody on their line, it's Jo. I wish he was with Stamkos just for the firepower potential, but the kid is fire all on his own.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Horrible: 45 points or less with bad defense
Disappointing: Less than 55 points
Acceptable: 55-65
Defying Expectations: 65-80+

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He already plays a good 2 way game guys...

He was one of the few Bolts forwards who gave a crap on defense last season.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm expecting a solid 65 point season and an increase over the next few years with a probable top-out at 75 points.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Disappointing: 45-50 Pts, injured, team is out in round 1

Horrible: 40-50 pts, team misses the playoffs

Acceptable: 50-60, team makes it to the 2nd or 3rd round

Defying: 60-80 pts, team makes it to the third round or finals with Drouin driving the play all playoffs long

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I assume he'll be one of the Habs go-to offensive weapons this season so I would expect him to hit 60 points.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
My expectations are that he will be miss used, scapegoated, fans will demand a trade, Habs will ask for 238419234291 first round picks so no one makes an offer, his value will drops, fans flip out, he will get traded for very little, he will then play much better and enjoy the last half of his career and maybe even get a shot at the cup.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
My expectations are that he will be miss used, scapegoated, fans will demand a trade, Habs will ask for 238419234291 first round picks so no one makes an offer, his value will drops, fans flip out, he will get traded for very little, he will then play much better and enjoy the last half of his career and maybe even get a shot at the cup.

Okay...

:help:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
~50 points, with the crap centers on that team and Julien's defensive style I'm not expecting him to have too much help. Maybe he clicks setting MaxPac up and hits 60, but I wouldn't set that as the expectation.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
60+ points, imo last season was his first full year with an oppertunity and he still had crap linemates given his talent level and age if he were to live up to any draft expectation he should score 60+ regardless this year.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Ask Subban about it... or maybe Patches. :popcorn:

I forget, which one of these two disappointed, then were chased out of town by the fans? Was it the Norris winner who still has fans crying over his departure to this day? Or was it our captain who is a top 5 goalscorer over the last 5 years (who, you may notice, still plays for us...)?

Predictions for Shattenkirk:

Gets off to hot start, causing the media to love him, McD feels jealous and demands a trade, Shatty becomes captain, his power grows, he next becomes HC then GM, he re-signs Glass for 8Y/12.5M, a torch-wielding mob comes to remove him, he grabs Zucc in one hand and climbs the empire state building, he desperately swats at the biplanes circling him but is eventually knocked off the tower and falls to his death, he is traded along with 2 2nd round picks to the Coyotes for a 5th.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The expectation in MTL seems a little high to me IMO.

I'm not sold on Drouin as an elite play driver at 5v5.

member 262271

I still dislike trading a blue chip D prospect for a Winger, but i'll shaddap since that's not what the thread is about. Expectation to me would be to improve the 200 ft game and challenge to actually be a center in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad