What is the coldest weather you have ever literally had to "deal with" since the day you were born

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I work in banking and spent two weeks in Siberia a few years ago and the went Tomojarvi Finland in February. -50 for 1 month before the wind chill factor

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
this is actually the watch I wear 90% of the time while i'm working and such

yk7z7mS.jpg
I actually prefer the old clickity clack keyboards. You could feel the key strokes better. So if i was ever in an office setting again, thats what i would have. Yes folks, this old man used to be a trendy tech guy and worked for the likes of HP and Lexmark. Fancy computer college diploma n all...

But ya...brr

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
lmao @ buying watches to "look successful"

my Rolex was a gift from my father. I buy really dumb **** but most of it people wouldn't have any idea what it is. I dress like ****, and I always will, no matter how big of a thousandaire I become.

Didn’t you spend a couple hindered bucks on some hideous fake torn or painted shoes or something?

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Didn’t you spend a couple hindered bucks on some hideous fake torn or painted shoes or something?

i like golden goose sneakers, if that's what you're asking. they're not 'fake'. they're pre-distressed.

that definitely doesn't make me look successful, lmao.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
i like golden goose sneakers, if that's what you're asking. they're not 'fake'. they're pre-distressed.

that definitely doesn't make me look successful, lmao.
If you like those I can literally cut you a deal of the century on some converse all-stars which are grey and come pre-loaded with grass stains and what i think is robitussin (its purple) on one of them and although I paid $20 dollars for them at goodwill almost brane new the pre-distressed vick aesthetic can be had for only $120 bux. You wont even have to now my moms grass for 9 years to get this "look."

Reactions: Urblock

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
If you like those I can literally cut you a deal of the century on some converse all-stars which are grey and come pre-loaded with grass stains and what i think is robitussin (its purple) on one of them and although I paid $20 dollars for them at goodwill almost brane new the pre-distressed vick aesthetic can be had for only $120 bux. You wont even have to now my moms grass for 9 years to get this "look."

i'm straight homie i have a few pairs of converse laying around. My comme des garcon x converse be my favorites. They are slowly getting scuffed.

also, since you're such a 'big' man, probably they won't fit me. I'm only a size 11.

also also, what type of robitussin? dxm kind?

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
i'm straight homie i have a few pairs of converse laying around. My comme des garcon x converse be my favorites. They are slowly getting scuffed.

also, since you're such a 'big' man, probably they won't fit me. I'm only a size 11.

also also, what type of robitussin? dxm kind?
You can put an inch of tissue paper in the toes and they will fit just fine. 2. Yes it was the kind with that active ingredient you have to hold it down for at least a halve hour without puking if you want to be able to be on the same level with your pets/other animals.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
@RayP, as requested. Some of the currents.

Golden Goose

3XSanlB.jpg

Converse (regular, varvatos X converse, comme des garcons X converse)

qbbPfcK.jpg

And wildcard Philippe Model (basically a 'budget' Golden Goose - same factory - think Lexus v. Toyota)

2Ljllgy.jpg

Let me know if you want me to embarrass myself in any other way. Thanks.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Golden Goose

3XSanlB.jpg

qbbPfcK.jpg

And wildcard Philippe Model (basically a 'budget' Golden Goose - same factory - think Lexus v. Toyota)

2Ljllgy.jpg

I th Bk you’ve embarrassed yourself enough already. Good god man.

foresterab

May 5, 2016
Coldest weather? No idea...thermometer didn't go low enough. Below -45C out though.

Which is when we were working outside, 7 hours a day (all the daylight possible), working in the woods trying to do planning. 4 guys stuck in a 5th wheel 2 hours from the nearest pavement with every possible heater going inside just to keep the water flowing.

When it warmed up to -40C we got to use the snowmobiles to go further away...

10 days of that and it was the first ride out to civilization to quit.

Done a few days since below -40 but if you're working from the running truck all day it's not near as bad. Playing hockey at -40C in the old horse barns sucks though.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'd like to know the context of this, because temperatures this low are very rare outside of Siberia and Antarctica. Canada's coldest officially recognized temperature reading is -63C.

Definitely the windchill/feels like temp.

A lot of the folks I work with (based in Ann Arbor) were well into negative figures (F), with windchill figures dropping to the -30s to -50s. The base was somewhere between -10 and -20 though throughout the polar vortex event(s).

It was pretty rough for some of them. Most were running their furnaces 10-12h per-day, with fireplaces going non-stop.

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018

Golden Goose

3XSanlB.jpg

qbbPfcK.jpg

2Ljllgy.jpg

You really had a photo shoot with your shoes in the kitchen?

Urblock

Mar 18, 2018

Golden Goose

3XSanlB.jpg

qbbPfcK.jpg

2Ljllgy.jpg

Ugly shoes, are you 12?

member 157595

Definitely the windchill/feels like temp.

A lot of the folks I work with (based in Ann Arbor) were well into negative figures (F), with windchill figures dropping to the -30s to -50s. The base was somewhere between -10 and -20 though throughout the polar vortex event(s).

It was pretty rough for some of them. Most were running their furnaces 10-12h per-day, with fireplaces going non-stop.

That's pretty rough by Lower 48 standards. Do not want.

I lived in Timmins Ontario and it was like -60C with the windchill one day.

Ah OK, that's totally different.

I have heard of Timmins but didn't know where it was so I had to google it...there's basically no protection from any arctic fronts that come down from Nunavut because the Hudson Bay is often frozen. That's pretty brutal.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
-60C, yikes. I once came from Thailand when it was like +35 C+ to Finlands -35C, other one felt a bit warm, other one seemed a bit colder. If you put your thinking caps on, you'll discover which was which. But it's always fun to run in both conditions. People give looks like "what the...f" :D
Though I handle the cold better since you can always add more layors. It's pretty hard to remove that much when it's too warm and you have no clothes. And don't image me, I'm not a woman you... normal people.

member 157595

-60C, yikes. I once came from Thailand when it was like +35 C+ to Finlands -35C, other one felt a bit warm, other one seemed a bit colder. If you put your thinking caps on, you'll discover which was which. But it's always fun to run in both conditions. People give looks like "what the...f" :D
Though I handle the cold better since you can always add more layors. It's pretty hard to remove that much when it's too warm and you have no clothes. And don't image me, I'm not a woman you... normal people.

Heat is different. Temperature alone really doesn't describe discomfort. I lived in Florida for years and 95F in Florida is far, far worse than 110F in Arizona. Humidity is the oppressive component, and Thailand is a good example because the lowlands can be insufferable.

...you need to move. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad