What is the best most cost effective (and legal) way to buy a jersey?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So I've decided I want to get an authorized Dahlin jersey and want to get the best deal as possible. NHL Shop and Fanatics are both top dollar, won't allow any type of discount (even free shipping offers are excluded) and the quality of the Fanatics player jerseys and lettering/numbering is complete trash. If I ordered from either it would be north of $200. I found a legit site offering authentics for $230 and offer $30 off so if I was paying big money that might make sense. Checked the NHL Store in NYC and a personalized replica would cost north of $200 but the lettering would be top notch. One option would be to wait till I visit Buffalo and get at the team store. I know someone whose a STH so I can get a discount to where a replica would be $160. Is there a sporting goods retailer reachable by the light rail by the arena that would have them for cheaper like a Modells or Dicks? Anyone who can give me advice would be greatly appreciated!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Call Dave and Adams on Sheridan and Transit ... get a quote :dunno:
Will google their phone number and try and find them on a map. Trying to ask for directions because if you let me loose in Buffalo I would be so lost there is a very real chance I would literally end up in another country.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Would be an option but IIRC you need to utilize PayPal. Years ago I had a PayPal account but it got hacked and somebody used it to buy hundreds of dollars in phone cards so I absolutely refuse to use them.
The other option is Amazon. They have a great return policy and usually can return for free if it is prime.

Reactions: sabremike

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
I would second the Dave and Adams suggestion. But they aren't anywhere near the arena. But neither is any other sporting goods store for that matter.

Reactions: Fezzy126

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I would second the Dave and Adams suggestion. But they aren't anywhere near the arena. But neither is any other sporting goods store for that matter.
Will they be able to do a phone order and mail it to me? Sabres Store does that, it's how I got my plush Sabretooth.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The other option is Amazon. They have a great return policy and usually can return for free if it is prime.
Checked and this looks excelent. Found an authentic blank for $99 which seems too good to be true. Can I trust that if I buy from Amazon I'm not getting a bootleg?

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Will they be able to do a phone order and mail it to me? Sabres Store does that, it's how I got my plush Sabretooth.

I can't say for certain, but I would think so. You can order stuff online and they ship it no problem. Here's their website: Dave & Adam's Card World

Oh and the website doesn't seem to list any Sabres jerseys, but I know they carry them for sure.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Will google their phone number and try and find them on a map. Trying to ask for directions because if you let me loose in Buffalo I would be so lost there is a very real chance I would literally end up in another country.
That's damn near impossible. Lakes Erie and Niagara are dead ends. There are 3 road bridges and 2 rail bridges across the upper and lower Niagara Rivers (geologically, technically a strait, not a river, akin to the Detroit River) between Erie & Niagara counties in NYS and Ontario. All clearly marked. With toll plazas. And Customs / Border patrol. And requiring a passport or other acceptable ID to cross.

The surface streets in Buffalo / Western New York are very easy to navigate. The expressways (90, 190, 290, 990, 198, 33) are easy as long as you get far enough right for your exits during "heavy" traffic times, which are light traffic compared to larger US cities. Other expressways (219, 400, 16, etc.) have long stretches between exits (or in the case of the Lasalle and Robert Moses parkways, parallel adjacent surface streets) so you avoid that problem altogether.

Of course, I'm sure any place you order from would ship to you, too, so you can wait to visit for yourself :)

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That's damn near impossible. Lakes Erie and Niagara are dead ends. There are 3 road bridges and 2 rail bridges across the upper and lower Niagara Rivers (geologically, technically a strait, not a river, akin to the Detroit River) between Erie & Niagara counties in NYS and Ontario. All clearly marked. With toll plazas. And Customs / Border patrol. And requiring a passport or other acceptable ID to cross.

The surface streets in Buffalo / Western New York are very easy to navigate. The expressways (90, 190, 290, 990, 198, 33) are easy as long as you get far enough right for your exits during "heavy" traffic times, which are light traffic compared to larger US cities. Other expressways (219, 400, 16, etc.) have long stretches between exits (or in the case of the Lasalle and Robert Moses parkways, parallel adjacent surface streets) so you avoid that problem altogether.

Of course, I'm sure any place you order from would ship to you, too, so you can wait to visit for yourself :)
Not driving, would get lost walking the streets. The idea of ending up in Canada was meant as a joke of just how hapless my navigation skills are

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
you can buy a fake one from china, i got a dahlin for 40$ with shipping and it's practically identical to my winter classic jersey

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I'm way more interested in illegal ways to buy a jersey that you're implying exist.
Throw a roll of quarters at someone and then steal their jersey while they're out cold? Usiea stolen credit card or some chump's hacked paypal? Rent a hooker and she (he?) leaves behind an overpriced jersey as a evidence that goods were transacted and any amorous activities were unrelated?

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

I was going to say, we're not big enough to truly get lost in here.....

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Oh God Nike has the Canadian Olympic jerseys on clearance. Anyone know where I could possibly get it correctly customized because a Derek Roy captain Team Canada is my ultimate odd and bizarre jersey holy grail.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Checked and this looks excelent. Found an authentic blank for $99 which seems too good to be true. Can I trust that if I buy from Amazon I'm not getting a bootleg?
The thing about Amazon is if it is prime and you get it and you don't like it you can send it back free of charge! I have ordered over 100 items from Amazon, also use them for business and never had a problem. Order it, check it out even take it to someone if you are worried and if not happy send it back!

Win-Win

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
So I've decided I want to get an authorized Dahlin jersey and want to get the best deal as possible. NHL Shop and Fanatics are both top dollar, won't allow any type of discount (even free shipping offers are excluded) and the quality of the Fanatics player jerseys and lettering/numbering is complete trash. If I ordered from either it would be north of $200. I found a legit site offering authentics for $230 and offer $30 off so if I was paying big money that might make sense. Checked the NHL Store in NYC and a personalized replica would cost north of $200 but the lettering would be top notch. One option would be to wait till I visit Buffalo and get at the team store. I know someone whose a STH so I can get a discount to where a replica would be $160. Is there a sporting goods retailer reachable by the light rail by the arena that would have them for cheaper like a Modells or Dicks? Anyone who can give me advice would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve bought at least 8/14 of mine off Fanactics, probably another 3 of them from actual arenas at games. Love their quality and feel. I think I may have a 25% off coupon because of how much I shopped there. If you decide to purchase through them I’ll give it to you! I just bought a truck so my jersey collecting is on hold haha

Free shipping on Fanactics is only for the states. My gf does schooling in NYC and when I put the free shipping offers for her address it let’s me. However when I put them in for my address in Ottawa it won’t do it.

I see that you don’t like the quality but if you change your mind feel free to lmk and I’ll send over the coupon!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I’ve bought at least 8/14 of mine off Fanactics, probably another 3 of them from actual arenas at games. Love their quality and feel. I think I may have a 25% off coupon because of how much I shopped there. If you decide to purchase through them I’ll give it to you! I just bought a truck so my jersey collecting is on hold haha

Free shipping on Fanactics is only for the states. My gf does schooling in NYC and when I put the free shipping offers for her address it let’s me. However when I put them in for my address in Ottawa it won’t do it.

I see that you don’t like the quality but if you change your mind feel free to lmk and I’ll send over the coupon!
Problem with the coupons is I believe jerseys are exempt. Is that the case? If not then by all means I would love the coupon. Thanks!

Edit: Is that an Ottawa Champions (CanAm League baseball team) logo in your avatar?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Problem with the coupons is I believe jerseys are exempt. Is that the case? If not then by all means I would love the coupon. Thanks!

Edit: Is that an Ottawa Champions (CanAm League baseball team) logo in your avatar?

No worries! I have no clue if it works on jerseys tbh, I’ve never tried to use one or even really looked at the one I have. Now that you mention it that would make sence since a lot of their sales on the site don’t apply to them. I think I know where it is so I’ll check once I get home after work.

The logo in my avatar is off the old sens third jerseys! I belive about 2006 or so, I’m not positive on the year.

Attachments

• F08798DB-A0D2-44FC-A6E3-65C3520311F3.jpeg
    F08798DB-A0D2-44FC-A6E3-65C3520311F3.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad