What is the best advice you ever were told/read when it comes to fitness?

Antonio Gentereo

Aug 10, 2021
Toronto
-Use the intervals
-Prefer dynamic, weighted activities
-Keep your posture
-Turns only to one side.
And in my opinion the most important thing. It is to keep the body properly nourished. Because that is the most important thing. And it is advisable to take pills. Like cbd oil. And you can also supplement everything with healthy oils.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
My favorite is just trying to be better than you were yesterday. There’s always gonna be a bigger guy at the gym unless powerlifting is your life. Just focus on yourself, it doesn’t matter how much the guy next to you is lifting.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
My favorite is just trying to be better than you were yesterday. There’s always gonna be a bigger guy at the gym unless powerlifting is your life. Just focus on yourself, it doesn’t matter how much the guy next to you is lifting.

This.

I saw a good one liner one time that highlights this message.

"Practice muscle hypertrophy not ego hypertrophy"

Reactions: LarKing

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Prefer free weights over machines.

Train your legs as hard as other parts of your body.

Remember that muscles need time to recover. They grow while resting but not while slouching.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I had lower back problems for years and I got advice two different times by different people.

!. I was too upper body heavy and out of sych causing me to lean forward combined w a job where I sat all day and that put too much stress on the back. I was told to build up my legs (my stomach I already had ) and to start with running or biking before moving on to heavy lifting. It worked wonders and havent had problems since.

2.I was told to do exercise specifically for the lower back and I do 30-50 seated back extensions with only about 110-130 (that is light for these) and that also has worked wonders.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Don’t compare yourself to others

We could all eat the same things and do the same workout yet everyone would still have different bodies.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->