What is so good about Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
attitude? mmmmm, no. He's way too cocky and he's wierd.

Yea, but he has more talent than a guy with similar character like Alexander Kharlamov. He used to live practices half way through for no reason, miss games, etc... etc... difference is Kovalchuk has more talent.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Frolov 6'3 said:
I never said anything about this but it amazes me how people claim to know everything about Ovechkin ? I didn't know you can see RSL hockey in North-America.

Nah, you can't. But he's always come up short at the WJCs (exception- Cape Breton portion of 2003 WJCs). Against North Americans he's unproven. I think that matters.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:
If it's a choice between Kovy and no Kovy, I'll take Kovy, but if it's a choice between Kovy and Ovy, long term I take Ovy every time.

Fair enough, but I'd take the "Novy" over Kovy and Ovy.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
He got a hattrick against USA last year. And I have seen over 40 clips of Ovechkin and read almost every article printed about him in either English or Russian.

The hat trick came in Cape Breton. His other three goals in that tournament also were in Cape Breton, against Switzerland. That's 6 goals in 6 games for the whole 2003 juniors, but actually being at the games he was not impressive in Halifax whatsoever. This past WJC he admitted to sub-par play... indeed he was good, and is still the best pick available in the draft, but he's not a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->