Salary Cap: What is Nashvilles current salary cap status after signings?

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
The Predatorial ‏@ThePredatorial 16m
With today's free agency splash, Nashville now has the 9th least cap-space in the league (only $4.097mil open). Looks like NSH is a cap team

The Predatorial ‏@ThePredatorial 9m
That cap number doesn't include Forsberg/Jones either, so there's that

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
That's what im wondering if you go to capgeek they say the same thing but Kostitsyn and Gill are still there. I wonder if they didn't take them off. I don't think they are including those 2 buyouts

SK is still there so they haven't taken that 3 million off. Gill is in the compliance buyout catagory so they have got him off. So that means we have got 7 million to sign Jones and Spaling.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Embarrassing
Really embarrassing

We have almost no money left to spend.. And what we did have to spend we spent on bottom 6 robots of the same kind of players we have always had

Dissappointing day today for fans. And to think Weber may only of played with a lethal Paul Kariya for 2 years and never another true threat at fwd.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I just threw this together on capgeek. I assumed Gill and SK are gone with 0 cap hit and I used Drouin's numbers for Jones's contract. Also just gave Spaling his qualifying offer and let Hellberg make the team

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Viktor Stalberg ($3.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m)
Taylor Beck ($0.887m) / Matt Cullen ($3.500m) / Nick Spaling ($1.100m)
Matt Hendricks ($1.850m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Eric Nystrom ($2.500m)
Craig Smith ($2.000m) / Richard Clune ($0.538m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Roman Josi ($4.000m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Seth Jones ($3.225m)
Mattias Ekholm ($1.025m) / Victor Bartley ($0.667m)
Ryan Ellis ($1.440m) /
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Magnus Hellberg ($0.925m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,387,976; BONUSES: $1,042,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,954,524

Jones likely won't meet any of his performance bonuses so his final number will be much lower. Very close to the cap.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
just fyi tsn.ca is showing that we did use a compliance buyout on Hal Gill, but it is not showing one on Kostitsyn, which indicates to me that SK's contract has been terminated not bought out.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
just fyi tsn.ca is showing that we did use a compliance buyout on Hal Gill, but it is not showing one on Kostitsyn, which indicates to me that SK's contract has been terminated not bought out.

Correct. Cooper confirmed both last night.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Looks to me like the Preds will have about 2 million in cap space left after signing Spaling and Jones. I would've laughed in the face of anyone that tried to tell me that would be the case yesterday.

Anyone that is hoping for any more signings better not hold their breath. Trade still possible though, I guess, but it seems to me that Poile and Trotz are happy with this line-up.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Looks to me like the Preds will have about 2 million in cap space left after signing Spaling and Jones. I would've laughed in the face of anyone that tried to tell me that would be the case yesterday.

Anyone that is hoping for any more signings better not hold their breath. Trade still possible though, I guess, but it seems to me that Poile and Trotz are happy with this line-up.

I think Spalings rights get traded. he is superfluous now.

I also know that Jones' cap hit wont kick in until he signs his ELC, so if Poile does add someone with a higher price tag, he can figure out where to get the money before he signs jones

but I think you are right, we will have no more FA signings... a trade, maybe, but no more UFAs

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
you can also go over the cap 10% right now. So there si time f e go over the cap to make a move or two to get under.

There is also the bonus cushion that we will be able to use. Jones might have a cap hit of $3+ mil due to his bonuses, but when the final number is calculated, only the bonuses earned actually count against us.

I think we are largely done. I do believe they will make a trade at some point this summer, but believe we are done on the free agent market in terms of acquiring pieces to start the season in Nashville. The only piece I could see them signing would be a veteran defenseman to compete in camp, but I really don't see them doing that either.

They went after the guys they wanted and got the majority of them yesterday on the first day. No sitting on their hands. No waiting to see what became available. They attacked free agency yesterday.

ilikeblocks

Still a registered user
Feb 16, 2008
Cooper:

Poile said Gill was a compliance buyout. Kostitsyn will not count against the cap and salary... in the words of The Hawk... he gone...

A part of me is really excited that the Preds are in a position to execute a compliance buy out - makes the summer of 2007 feel a lot farther away.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I posted this in another thread, but I belongs in here, too.

Right now we have $7,097,024. Add Forsberg to the roster, and we have $5,636,191. Assuming Jones signs a deal comparable to deals signed by players picked in similar areas of the draft over the past few years we are looking at a minimum of another $3m, so $2,636,191. If we get Spaling back on his QO then that's another $1.1m.

We could be looking at only $1,536,191 in cap space in reality.

As Seth said above, Jones could easily have a cap hit of $3m, but only bonuses earned will count against us.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I posted this in another thread, but I belongs in here, too.

As Seth said above, Jones could easily have a cap hit of $3m, but only bonuses earned will count against us.

Lots of easy salary to move IMO. Smith, spaling, and pick a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00