What is Jake Gardiner??

what is Jake Gardiner?

• Total voters

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He needs a very strong defensive dman as his partner or it would be a disaster back in our own end.
Like when he had Carrick and posted absolutely terrific defensive numbers? I mean, there's hard to justify your impressions to begin with as the results are the opposite, but it's an actual fact that he doesn't need a very strong defensive partner to not be a disaster in his own end.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
How many 5 on 5 goals has Jake been on the ice for, compared to the other defensemen?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What Jake thinks about all of you who think he is a #3 or less...
upload_2018-3-17_22-6-43.jpeg

Mar 14, 2011
How many 5 on 5 goals has Jake been on the ice for, compared to the other defensemen?
Compare to the other guys playing heavy minutes for the Leafs?

Gardiner 2.17 goals against per 60 minutes of 5 vs 5
Zaitsev 2.58 goals against per 60 min of 5 vs 5
Hainsey 2.62 '' ''' ''' '''
Rielly 2.73 ''' '''' '''''

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

This exactly breaks down how they are used.

Hainsey and Rielly play the toughest minutes except for holding a lead time when Zaitsev pairs with Hainsey. Riellys numbers are a bit inflated due to the first stint Zaitsev was out and Hainsey and Jake were paired together and Rielly played hard min without Hainsey.

I love the fact Polak has really started to step up after recovering fully from the injury at the same time the youngsters have taken the next step.

D has taken massive steps since last year and is pretty underated now.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011

How can somebody who’s suppose to be soooo bad defensively have the lowest goals against amoungour top 4?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
How can somebody who’s suppose to be soooo bad defensively have the lowest goals against among our top 4?
Yeah. I think at some point when everything points towards him being actually good except for your impression, it might be time to question that impression. It's no different than if you think a forward look bad offensively yet puts up 60 points every year regardless of who he plays with, chances are that you are missing something crucial.

Though to be honest, a whole lot of people on these boards have done exactly that over the last two years. Questioned their impressions, I mean. And I think that's to their credit. It's not always an easy thing to admit that you were wrong.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad