Speculation: What is in store for us 2017-2018 season

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
To me this is not a stanley cup or bust year. Yet do think we have a good chance so I am going to predict the cup. I know we have a lot to overcome. I am wondering what the odds of the board is for where we finish this time.

LETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

p.s. didnt put in waived put in speculation not sure how that happened please admin help with a correct placement:)

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If we're lucky we finish 3rd in the division, beat whoever that is and get our heads kicked in during the 2nd round by the 1st place team.

Then everyone gets mad, expects more out of an injury prone lineup riddled with chemistry and consistency issues and I spend all off-season explaining yet again why Coop was not the problem when guys like Stamkos went through dozen game stretches of blatantly over passing because he wants to be more than just a goal scorer. Then I'll realize Coop should have been screaming NOOOO NOOOOOOO!!!!! from the bench every time Stamkos was on the ice and went to pass the puck

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't know how far the team will go but I feel pretty good about them if they are healthy. I think this will be a very motivated team. I think they can beat anybody. I'm mostly curious with how they play early in the season. It hasn't been our greatest strength. If they can be consistent and if Vasi plays very well I love our chances at a cup. I agree with Robert though that it's not cup or bust. The window is open for a while.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm saying lose the the ecf of the playoffs. This club should at least make the playoffs this season.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's fortunate that it's not Cup or bust because I don't think we can count on this zebra changing its stripes until we have more roster turnover on offense. The core of TKO+Stamkos is fine. It's the supporting cast I'm worried about, particularly Callahan due to his health. Killorn drives me nuts but I can deal with him as long as he continues his playoff warrior act.

We need a big move on offense. Sergachev was the big move we needed defensively. But what this Lightning team needs to do is what Pittsburgh did when they traded for Kessel and get greedy if we want to take this thing to championship level

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
If we can stay healthy, we should be a legit cup contender.

I also disagree with you guys. For this team, it's either we win the cup or it's another failed season.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Likely bounced in the second round unless we can get a breakout year from a young defender. Probably finish ahead of the WC but just won't be deep enough.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
1st round exit. I think TOR, CLB, Pitt and WAS are all better than us.

Montreal, Florida, NYR and Boston will all be right there with us.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
All it takes is for one guy to grow some balls and lay Crosby out properly and that team goes bye bye. I think back to back cups and all the cocky bs at award shows might do the trick this year.

Malkin, Letang, Kessel, Murray, Guentzel, Sheary, Maatta, Schultz, Dumoulin.

That is really a superteam. Especially if they trade for a #3 center.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
ECF minimum or it's a disappointment but it's cup or another L for this "core".

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
5 votes for the cup? Am I in the right place? I figured would be only guy sticking neck out here WOW

I do believe we can get the cup this year we got to have some luck and health but I like this team.

I dont see scoring as a problem as someone mentioned? We get stamkos back theres pretty nice scoring. Everyone agrees all had down years but hedman and kucherov and point and point should have a better year?

So yes scoring should not be the issue. Is more for me vasy keeping it 2 goal games over 3-4 and 5 :(

I like us on paper a lot. Then its in the cards who we play.

As far as toronto goes they have a blah defense to me so we are much better in a 7 round series.

Montreal? This is the beginning of the end for them. They are about to have a many year falling off till they get a number 1 a number 2 and really number 3 center and solve the lack of d coming in and/or staying. I really see them falling off and if they dont fix it soon they could waste all that price money.

I fear no one in our division at all. Pitt will be a problem so can a few other teams but if we get far I like our chances

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
ECF minimum or it's a disappointment but it's cup or another L for this "core".

This is the unfortunate truth. Even though the roster around them has not improved, it is still a cup or bust window We're in.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This is the unfortunate truth. Even though the roster around them has not improved, it is still a cup or bust window We're in.

The longer you go without a cup the more pressure their is on your "core", Washington, SJ, STL, NYR have all been competing with their core for years and years now. IMO you need to win that 1st cup with an element of surprise and build a foundation off that, not off continuous playoff losses. I feel this team is going towards those 4 teams listed and not Pittsburgh or Chicago. Edmonton will be the team that strikes in the next couple years.

When the Lightning won in 2004, it was in their core's 2nd season of being competitive. Carolina in their 1st year, Anahiem in their 1st year, Detroit in their 2nd year of the Datsyuk/Zetterberg era, Pittsburgh in their 3rd year of the Crosby/Malkin, Chicago in their 2nd year, Kings in their 3rd year, Bruins in 1 year. We're going on year 5 now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This team still has Cup potential. It isn't an easy road, but they are good enough to beat anybody. The question is, will they?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad