What is Holland's Next (realistic) move?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
1. Gather Babs, Cleary & Quincey for a good 'ole boys golf outing
2. Call Jimmy D. and cry
3. Call Scotty B. for GMing advice
4. Go ice fishing in BC to find his mojo using Canada's new favorite holistic plant.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
I frankly see very little value in Vanek or Howard. Very late round picks at best. They aren't the type of players that are going to fill roster spots and help you win anything in the playoffs. Daley could get close to what you predict, possibly a 4th. Nyquist depends on what kind of a year he's having. I would think he still could be a capable 3rd liner with upside on a contender.

Greene next year - same as Vanek. What use is he on a contender? Helm could get something, although a 2nd may be a stretch. There's a reason Detroit is where they are. Most of these are not good or even useful players on contenders. Most contenders will have younger faster hungrier players in the minors they could bring up at playoff time to fill the secondary rolls.
Half of GM's know less than us about wings players and can be conned out of some picks pretty easily IMO. Look at the Smith deal, he was not worth a second, and no way in hell was Tatar worth a 1, 2, and a 3. GM's around the league are borderline Pejorative Slurs. We could get a second for Howard and Daley for sure.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
I can't believe some of these marginal players get NTCs. With their talent they should be grateful the pen works when it's time to sign the contract.

NTCs generally serve to get bad teams in deeper as they can't move contracts. That's what happened to the Leafs when they hit rock bottom.

I'll be shocked if we get the draft picks listed above for those players.

Totally agree about the NTCs. As a fan these drive me nuts! About to start a #MeTooNoNTC movement.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Kronwall to IR (because he has no knees), Hicketts to the Griffins. I've never wanted Dekeyser and Ericsson in the lineup before.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Hicketts to GR
Hronek to GR
Defence looks like
Dekeyser-Green
Daley- Chowolski
Jensen- Ericsson

Nyquist at TDL for late 1st
Glendening at TDL for a 3rd
Vanek at TDL for a 5th

That's it

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Hicketts to GR
Hronek to GR

Defence looks like
Dekeyser-Green
Daley- Chowolski
Jensen- Ericsson

Nyquist at TDL for late 1st
Glendening at TDL for a 3rd
Vanek at TDL for a 5th

That's it

Pretty much this, but I would like to keep Hronek up, and Jensen as a healthy scratch.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
1) Sell at least two of: Daley/Jensen/Nyquist/Helm (1 mil retained)/Glendenning gone at the TDL. Would include Vanek but NTC

2) Pray for Jack Hughes or KK.

3) Bring Steve Y on as a senior advisor of GM (read: the one really pulling the strings), and have him and Zetterberg talk up Detroit to Karlsson, selling potential. For this reason pray San Jose massively disappoints. Probably a pipe dream, but hey, I'd be happy with even a 5% chance, and maybe Stevie and Hughes could convince him.

4) Do no re-sign any older players. If Nyquist wants to come back after being traded for similar money, sure, but not much more than he is getting.

I would say a Nielsen buyout could be on the table, since he'd only have two more years after this one and 4 years paying 2.5ish million isn't bad, but maybe he'll wait until Stevie takes the helm the summer after next so only 2 years on the book.

Dream lineup which will NEVER happen but let me dream.
Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi
Rasmussen-Hughes-Zadina
Athanasiou-Veleno- Helm
Svechnikov-Nielsen- Abdelkader

Karlsson-Cholowski
Green-Dekeyser
Ericsson-Hronek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->