What is Holland's Next (realistic) move?

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
So we just claimed De La Rose off waivers. Love it. A free asset under 23 with a sound defensive game. Looks like a long term 3C if all things end well.

Whats the next move Holland makes with this team?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
If AA or Mantha get moved this year, I would expect a mid-year trade.

Daley, Glendenning, Howard, and Nyquist would be deadline deals.

Although Helm may be moved, more likely next year. Picking up De La Rose makes it a little easier to Glendenning or Helm.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So we just claimed De La Rose off waivers. Love it. A free asset under 23 with a sound defensive game. Looks like a long term 3C if all things end well.

Whats the next move Holland makes with this team?

Ehn, Turgeon & DLR all replacements for Luke by TDL. The other 2 can shift to W. At least we'll always have a natural C on faceoffs should any get booted out of the FO circle.

Trade LGD while his value is probably at peak, as his stats will likely take a bigger hit this year. I would say Ditto for Howard, but we don't wanna get shelled every night...kids confidence, team mojo etc.

Next move=Hicketts to GR, when Big E comes back next week. Then trades Jensen or Daley & to keep Hronek up.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If AA or Mantha get moved this year, I would expect a mid-year trade.

Daley, Glendenning, Howard, and Nyquist would be deadline deals.

Although Helm may be moved, more likely next year. Picking up De La Rose makes it a little easier to Glendenning or Helm.

I bet Mantha plays here another 5-9 years.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Nyquist, Daley, and Vanek should all be moved this year by the deadline.
Agreed.

Unfortunately it's Full NTC, modified NTC, full NTC.

Hopefully Nyquist will be open to a trade to get a taste of winning for a while, the Wings will be able to find a trade partner with the 16 teams Daley allows, and someone offers a bag of pucks for Vanek.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Nyquist, Daley, and Vanek should all be moved this year by the deadline.

Realisitic worth (assuming all waive NTC's etc.) w/possible retention upto 25% to facilitate trade.

Nyquist=late 1st or 2nd & 3rd/B-prospect
Daley=3rd
Vanek=4th?
Howard=4th?
LGD=late 2nd

Next season:
Green=late 1st (assuming he's ~ .5PPG upon return)
Big E=4th?
Helm=late 2nd

Total:
(2) late 1sts
(2) late 2nds
(1) 3rds
(3) 4ths

Not too shabby...only leaves Abby & serviceable but overpaid Frans & DDK.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I can't believe some of these marginal players get NTCs. With their talent they should be grateful the pen works when it's time to sign the contract.

NTCs generally serve to get bad teams in deeper as they can't move contracts. That's what happened to the Leafs when they hit rock bottom.

I'll be shocked if we get the draft picks listed above for those players.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
My money is on moving Jensen sometime between now and the trade deadline. People will get healthy and they management will want his roster spot for one of the kids.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I can't believe some of these marginal players get NTCs. With their talent they should be grateful the pen works when it's time to sign the contract.

NTCs generally serve to get bad teams in deeper as they can't move contracts. That's what happened to the Leafs when they hit rock bottom.

I'll be shocked if we get the draft picks listed above for those players.

Agreed on the NTC's...what do you see as a return for the players I listed?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Realisitic worth (assuming all waive NTC's etc.) w/possible retention upto 25% to facilitate trade.

Nyquist=late 1st or 2nd & 3rd/B-prospect
Daley=3rd
Vanek=4th?
Howard=4th?
LGD=late 2nd

Next season:
Green=late 1st (assuming he's ~ .5PPG upon return)
Big E=4th?
Helm=late 2nd

Total:
(2) late 1sts
(2) late 2nds
(1) 3rds
(3) 4ths

Not too shabby...only leaves Abby & serviceable but overpaid Frans & DDK.
Glendening, in no world, should fetch a second. Obviously there are stupid GM’s who will trade a third for Rinaldo, but a second for him is crazy.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I frankly see very little value in Vanek or Howard. Very late round picks at best. They aren't the type of players that are going to fill roster spots and help you win anything in the playoffs. Daley could get close to what you predict, possibly a 4th. Nyquist depends on what kind of a year he's having. I would think he still could be a capable 3rd liner with upside on a contender.

Greene next year - same as Vanek. What use is he on a contender? Helm could get something, although a 2nd may be a stretch. There's a reason Detroit is where they are. Most of these are not good or even useful players on contenders. Most contenders will have younger faster hungrier players in the minors they could bring up at playoff time to fill the secondary rolls.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I frankly see very little value in Vanek or Howard. Very late round picks at best. They aren't the type of players that are going to fill roster spots and help you win anything in the playoffs. Daley could get close to what you predict, possibly a 4th. Nyquist depends on what kind of a year he's having. I would think he still could be a capable 3rd liner with upside on a contender.

Greene next year - same as Vanek. What use is he on a contender? Helm could get something, although a 2nd may be a stretch. There's a reason Detroit is where they are. Most of these are not good or even useful players on contenders. Most contenders will have younger faster hungrier players in the minors they could bring up at playoff time to fill the secondary rolls.

Green will absolutely command a 2nd & 3rd, if not late 1st...He was the best UFA Dman this summer iirc. He's a #4 on a contender.

Helm& LGD, probably a 3rd, possibly a 2nd (TML?)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Abdelkader+Helm+DeKeyser+Nielsen+Glendening for McDavid

all these guys were signed long-term for a reason,time to assemble it all into one big beautiful poker hand

Reactions: Lil Bert

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Green will absolutely command a 2nd & 3rd, if not late 1st...He was the best UFA Dman this summer iirc. He's a #4 on a contender.

Helm& LGD, probably a 3rd, possibly a 2nd (TML?)

Green is injury prone, was never great defensively and on a downslide offensively. Best UFA this summer - doesn't say much for the class. Paying him $5.3 million /year at this stage of his career is a joke and the type of contract that has us in the position we're in. Same with Nielsen. They should be some other teams problem. If some pretender gives up a 1st for Green, I sure hope that GM never comes to Detroit. We already have that guy here.

Helm could get a 3rd from the right team. LGD too.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Green is injury prone, was never great defensively and on a downslide offensively. Best UFA this summer - doesn't say much for the class. Paying him $5.3 million /year at this stage of his career is a joke and the type of contract that has us in the position we're in. Same with Nielsen. They should be some other teams problem. If some pretender gives up a 1st for Green, I sure hope that GM never comes to Detroit. We already have that guy here.

Helm could get a 3rd from the right team. LGD too.
I agree with everything you've said, but if healthy at the TDL, this one (if he waives) or next season, some GM will probably pony up a 1st...imagine a contender with an injury in their Top 4, or just an average top 4 wanting to upgrade the #4 spot, or help with transition & PP, offense etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad