What Is Going To Happen For The Playoff Semi Finals

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
When it get gets down to the final four how are the playoffs going to work? We can all assume that the borders will not be open by then and their will still be a quarantine period. How will the winner from the Canadian division play against another division?

Will the Canadian team go down to the States and quarantine for a week before starting the third round? Will all of those games be played in the city that the team from the States is to avoid travel? They could just change what team gets last change as the home team. Will the Canadian team have their own home city that they play out of as more of a neutral ground? Will the final two rounds be played in a bubble?

Have any of these questions been figured out as of yet?

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
My understanding was that the league would transition to a bubble for the final two rounds

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
When it get gets down to the final four how are the playoffs going to work? We can all assume that the borders will not be open by then and their will still be a quarantine period. How will the winner from the Canadian division play against another division?

Will the Canadian team go down to the States and quarantine for a week before starting the third round? Will all of those games be played in the city that the team from the States is to avoid travel? They could just change what team gets last change as the home team. Will the Canadian team have their own home city that they play out of as more of a neutral ground? Will the final two rounds be played in a bubble?

Have any of these questions been figured out as of yet?
I don't think the week-long quarentine applies to Canadians entering the States

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They should play every round in the bubble.
Imagine a team getting a bye to the next round because the opposing team got covid...

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
They should play every round in the bubble.
Imagine a team getting a bye to the next round because the opposing team got covid...
The entirety of the US teams will be mostly vaccinated at that point.

I'm not sure US owners who are allowed at least 30% capacity in their arena (more every day) want to give up millions in revenue to cater to one division. Canadian teams can keep their own tight bubble in whatever US city their opponent is in.

I would expect the NHL to work out a deal for Canadian-team player vaccinations (to those that want it) as a lead into the Playoffs. Think of the raw cost of setting up another bubble versus a couple hundred vaccines. Makes way more sense to not have tens of millions in unnecessary expenditures.

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
More importantly, what teams play for the Prince of Wales Trophy and who plays for the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad