What is Ellis' trade value?

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
I've been keeping an eye on Ryan Ellis for quite a while now as I really want him in MTL. This off-season we will have only ONE right handed d-man (Subban) and I want a full time right-hander on the second pairing.. which right now is being filled by Emelin who is naturally a left-side D.

So I am here on the Nashville board to ask a friendly question on what would Poile want in return for Ellis?

Well I think everyone knows that Nashville is packed on D and G but needs some quality F.

While we cannot give power forwards like Pacioretty that have too much of a value in return for a young D like Ellis, I think MTL has some quality F prospects, and with that I came up with couple of fair deals that would benefit both sides:

To MTL:

Ellis

To Nashville:

One of...

Andrighetto (Best RW prospect we have. 17G 44P in 64 AHL games) + Bournival (young guy who will is expected to be a 30 goal scorer in his prime. only reason he has 7G 14P in 60 games this year is because he was placed mostly on the 4th line for his 60 games. Put him on your second line this year and he could put up a 25+ goal season)

or

Desharnais (our #1 center who has 52 points in 79 games this year)

Just putting it out there, let me know what you think.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Again, poile went to great lengths to build this exact defense. I do not think he's going to break it up before he sees what Laviolette can do with it.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Poile has a habit of hoarding defensemen so we'll probably stick with what we have.

If we did trade Ellis, I can't see it being for an unproven prospect. And I personally have no interest in Desharnais, but value is probably ok.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
if we're trading ellis straight up I think we're hoping for a younger 2nd line scorer of some sort, similar to his age in status being only 24(or somewhere around there, too tired at this hour to check) and having just cracked the NHL with a decent amount of potential to improve. Obviously not a game breaker type, but someone with talent and promise and at least some NHL experience.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Ellis for Galchenyuk:yo:

Hah, as outrageous as that particular trade is, that's what this team should be looking for. Young impact high potential players, or established elite talent. Ellis may not be able to attract that, but some combination could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad