Speculation: What is/are our opening night roster/lines looking like?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Bickell Toews Kane
Sharp Handzus Hossa
Saad Shaw Hayes
Bollig Kruger Nordstrom

Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hjalmarsson
Leddy Roszival

Crawford
Khabibulin

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Bollig has no business seeing he ice with the other players we have on our roster. The fact he's even here in the first place is a testament to Q's cluelessness.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bollig has no business seeing he ice with the other players we have on our roster. The fact he's even here in the first place is a testament to Q's cluelessness.

Can't say that stuff anymore. It's an invalid opinion at this point. Seriously.

2 cups in 4 years. Trust in Q

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If Nordstrom makes this team over Morin, he'd damn well better be slotted ahead of Bollig.

He already has, and have no issues with him at all. Kid is a very good defensive player, replaces Frolik well in alot of ways, great speed, plays with a bit of an edge (surprisingly) etc. (and I'm curious how good he is at the dot) Bollig is clearly the issue, however I can see the use as he's the one who has to look out for the two small guys on that fourth line. I still would rather see Hayes in that spot (would help him play with grit more) and Morin on the third line, but it is what it is.

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
red wings fan coming in peace. are the hawks lacking in a true #2 center? i doubt handzus is a top 6 player

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
HEY!! :madfire: zac and Kurtosis have 7,700 combined posts...you need to show some respect! :sarcasm::shakehead:facepalm:;)

What's your point (if you have one that is)? Oh wait, you're probably part of the segment of this board that thinks Q is beyond reproach and above any sort of criticism right? I could have 5 posts and still hold the opinion that I don't think Bollig belongs in the starting line up; would that make my point any more relevant?

Not likely any more than yours since it's an opinion, although made without such daft use of emoticons.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Can't say that stuff anymore. It's an invalid opinion at this point. Seriously.

2 cups in 4 years. Trust in Q

About Bollig... I've been a hater since he started but something Q said last year has made me ok with it. Q said that the biggest thing he wants from his 4th line is getting an offensive faceoff or offensive zone start for the 1st line.

He basically acknowledged that Bollig doesnt have the skill of others but that the puck consistently ends up in the offensive zone when he's out there. Since he said that I noticed the same thing. Who knows if it's luck, his lineups or bias but I don't think he's wrong.

His game is simplee... chip it in the zone, shoot and get faceoffs and let the big guys out there. Watch for it here early on and I think everyone will notice the same thing.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
red wings fan coming in peace. are the hawks lacking in a true #2 center? i doubt handzus is a top 6 player

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Handzus played pretty well in the playoffs, but it's very doubtful he will play the majority of regular season games and still have any gas left in the tank for the playoffs. So it's almost a certainty that there will be at least one other player playing the #2 center position this season. The choices are Markus Kruger who has yet to show an offensive game worthy of the spot, Brandon Saad who was hyped by Q as the leading man for the spot but then cancelled the experiment after a couple preseason games, Brandon Pirri who led the AHL in scoring last year and probably has the offensive game to be a decent #2 center but is treated by Q like he has the plague so it doesn't look like he will get much of a chance, Andrew Shaw who is better suited for 3rd line wing but is playing a serviceable #3 center so #2 center is probably not in the cards, and then finally Drew LeBlanc who won the Hobey Baker Award last season which tells you all you need to know about his readiness to play in the NHL now (if ever).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What's your point (if you have one that is)? Oh wait, you're probably part of the segment of this board that thinks Q is beyond reproach and above any sort of criticism right? I could have 5 posts and still hold the opinion that I don't think Bollig belongs in the starting line up; would that make my point any more relevant?

Not likely any more than yours since it's an opinion, although made without such daft use of emoticons.

Yes, pending something mind-blowing/insane like putting Toews on the 4th line, Q is beyond reproach. This is his roster, guys are trying out for his team. If you really think you know better then you go coach somewhere.

The difference in coaching/playstyle from 11-12 and 12-13 was night and day. 2 cups in 4 years. Q knows what he's doing and he's proven for multiple seasons that he's a great coach and knows more than you and me.

Q likes Bollig on the 4th line. Deal with it.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Yes, pending something mind-blowing/insane like putting Toews on the 4th line, Q is beyond reproach. This is his roster, guys are trying out for his team. If you really think you know better then you go coach somewhere.

The difference in coaching/playstyle from 11-12 and 12-13 was night and day. 2 cups in 4 years. Q knows what he's doing and he's proven for multiple seasons that he's a great coach and knows more than you and me.

Q likes Bollig on the 4th line. Deal with it.

Sure thing. Good thing to know not a single one of his moves can be questioned this season.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Bickell Toews Kane
Sharp Handzus Hossa
Saad Shaw Smith
Bollig Kruger Nordstrom

Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hjalmarsson
Leddy Roszival

Crawford
Khabibulin

not sure about Smith vs. Jayes

Esse

Mar 5, 2013
Lund
You can't be serious?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->