Post-Game Talk: What is a Goal? Habs Lose 1-0

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Didn't catch the Gio - Fleury play last night, but just saw the replay. lol I have no idea why the Pens are upset at Gio when it was Kennedy who went into his own goaltender. Kennedy tried to block out Gio and ended up crashing into Fleury.

Cooke is a POS. Wish Moen has stepped up there. It was a tight game, so you don't want to take any stupid penalties there. Also, it is very unlikely that Cooke would've gone with Moen which means Moen would've had to take the 2.

Gio handled himself well though. He's been around and doesn't take **** from people. It's pretty funny actually. He's a tougher player than people give him credit. He knows how to protect himself with his stick without drawing penalties.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Ho said anything about taking a penalty? A guy goes way below his weight class and tries to goad our captain into a fight repeatedly and no one says anything. I know gionta is no Crosby, but if Armstrong did that to Crosby, he doesn't get to skate away scott free irrespective of the score.

It must be nice to send a message to the captain that the teams support of him is conditional on the scoreboard. This wasn't marchand/sedin bad but if you want to know why the have get tarred with being soft, its stuff like that.

A lot here do not understand that concept of pride and the amount of disrespect that Cooke got away with.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
A lot here do not understand that concept of pride and the amount of disrespect that Cooke got away with.
Prust will take care of Cooke in the playoffs...;)
Habs played a pretty good game overall, and Ryders chances alone could have won us the game...but hey, move on and hope to score a couple tonight vs the Broonz...

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Prust will take care of Cooke in the playoffs...;)
Habs played a pretty good game overall, and Ryders chances alone could have won us the game...but hey, move on and hope to score a couple tonight vs the Broonz...

justice delayed is justice denied.

I have no problem with what gio did, and I know that not every team in the league has a smallish talented player as captain, but for those that do how many would allow a no talent hack like matt cooke repeatedly manhandle the captain and not lift a finger ?

Ryder played a pretty good game and you are gonna hit posts time to time. Halpern helped in the FO and as many people said, hes a lot faster than I gave him credit for.

tonight will be a good measuring stick. we played the pens pretty tight even if we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad