What if...

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
What if Morin and Skinner had come back to Kitchener this season, would Langdeskog be considered a top 3/5 pick?

Morin and Skinner would have returned to Kitchener, established verteran players coming off great seasons. Morin had 48 goals, Skinner had 70 goals in 84 total games.

The question is, if Langdeskog wasn't getting enough ice-time, not as much notoriety, would he still be touted as highly. If not, which I assume would be obviously, where do you think he would be taken?

(Don't know if a thread like this has been made, if there is, mods delete)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He could've had better numbers playing with better players though. You can look at it like that too.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
He could've had better numbers playing with better players though. You can look at it like that too.

True, but still.. going from "The Guy" to part of a very strong supporting cast would affect his production you'd think, and thus, his ranking amoung his draft years elite.

It's actually insane to think how good they'd be if Morin and Skinner had returned. They would have been awared the Mem. Cup before the season began. They probably could have beaten London's amazing season.

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Keep in mind that Landeskog played with Skinner and Morin in the playoffs last year. I doubt very highly that it would have negatively impacted Landeskog's draft standing.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Keep in mind that Landeskog played with Skinner and Morin in the playoffs last year. I doubt very highly that it would have negatively impacted Landeskog's draft standing.

Oh, wasn't aware he did. Looking at the numbers I assumed he played a lesser role last year, and with Morin and Skinner returning that he'd still have a lesser role vs. the one he has currently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->