News Article: "What if we compare the Rangers and the Canadian?"

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Tired of this development stuff coming up all the time. Most top forwards never play in the AHL, or less than a year. AHL is mostly for bottom six guys or some late bloomers, defensmen and goalies.

I think the credit to his vast improvement occurred during his final junior season playing for the Memorial Cup. Habs have had little to do with his development

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
Tired of this development stuff coming up all the time. Most top forwards never play in the AHL, or less than a year. AHL is mostly for bottom six guys or some late bloomers, defensmen and goalies.

Development occurs in the NHL too, not just minor leagues. In fact, a lot of it is in the first 2-3 years in the NHL.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

So true the only things left for most of these Kids to master is Maturity on and off the ice.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Development occurs in the NHL too, not just minor leagues. In fact, a lot of it is in the first 2-3 years in the NHL.
Funny how very few players cite current coaches as having helped develop them?
Unless it was in Junior or prior. Learning a team's system can be considered perhaps.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
Funny how very few players cite current coaches as having helped develop them?
Unless it was in Junior or prior. Learning a team's system can be considered perhaps.
Oh, you mean once a player reaches the NHL, it's the final product?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It would be funny if the Habs don't sell or tear it all apart and we finish ahead of the Rangers in the short and long span. Should be interesting to watch each team's prospects grow cause I have both the Rangers and Habs with the two best prospect pools today.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Hate to use injuries as an excuse but if Armia and Gally were on this team how many goals would they have scored? 8-10 between the 2 of them?

How many 1 goal games we lost since they went down? Or how many games 1 more goal would of been enough to be a back breaker.

Habs right now aren't good enough to suffer 4 injuries to 4 of their top scorers. We survived no Byron + Drouin, but add in Armia and Gally and the team was trying to skate up hill.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Langdeau made a fool of Brunet a few days ago. Brunet is such a pseudo journalist. Guy is basically a cheerleader and nothing else. He has the most stupid voice too.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's the most tired argument there is right now

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hate to use injuries as an excuse but if Armia and Gally were on this team how many goals would they have scored? 8-10 between the 2 of them?

How many 1 goal games we lost since they went down? Or how many games 1 more goal would of been enough to be a back breaker.

Habs right now aren't good enough to suffer 4 injuries to 4 of their top scorers. We survived no Byron + Drouin, but add in Armia and Gally and the team was trying to skate up hill.
Since gallagher has missed 5 games and he scores at a 30 goal pace, one goal and since Armia scores at a 20 goal pace since hes with the Habs (And thats assuming he doesnt go into a month-long slump, as he was due to see a decrease in production), he'd have contributed to 4 goals.

5 goals between the two of them. Plug them wherever you want, do you still think this team is much better than it is?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It would be funny if the Habs don't sell or tear it all apart and we finish ahead of the Rangers in the short and long span. Should be interesting to watch each team's prospects grow cause I have both the Rangers and Habs with the two best prospect pools today.
Thats pretty much the opposite of funny.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Since gallagher has missed 5 games and he scores at a 30 goal pace, one goal and since Armia scores at a 20 goal pace since hes with the Habs (And thats assuming he doesnt go into a month-long slump, as he was due to see a decrease in production), he'd have contributed to 4 goals.

5 goals between the two of them. Plug them wherever you want, do you still think this team is much better than it is?

Yes, I think they are battling for the 3rd in division or WC spot. We lost plenty of 1 goal games after the 3-1 on the west coast trip where we were sitting behind Boston. Team was also top 10 GF, top 5 GF 5v5 and PP in 8th place, 1st in Shots for. Mid pack for SA (16th) and HDCA (13th). But OTHO Price had played decently over that stretch with a few games of 3 goals or less.

So I think with BG and Armia we win a few games we lost. Those games we went up 2-0 only to lose, getting a goal to make it 3-1, or 3-0 or 3-2 could of been a huge difference in momentum.

The team is not good enough to sustain 4 injuries to its top scorers. They aren't a top 5 team, but an 8-15 range team, that if it loses 4 of its big guns they don't have the depth to keep on rolling.

I think with BG and Armia the team doesn't lose 6 or 7 in a row (don't remember the exact number).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes, I think they are battling for the 3rd in division or WC spot. We lost plenty of 1 goal games after the 3-1 on the west coast trip where we were sitting behind Boston. Team was also top 10 GF, top 5 GF 5v5 and PP in 8th place, 1st in Shots for. Mid pack for SA (16th) and HDCA (13th). But OTHO Price had played decently over that stretch with a few games of 3 goals or less.

So I think with BG and Armia we win a few games we lost. Those games we went up 2-0 only to lose, getting a goal to make it 3-1, or 3-0 or 3-2 could of been a huge difference in momentum.

The team is not good enough to sustain 4 injuries to its top scorers. They aren't a top 5 team, but an 8-15 range team, that if it loses 4 of its big guns they don't have the depth to keep on rolling.

I think with BG and Armia the team doesn't lose 6 or 7 in a row (don't remember the exact number).
Cool if you think that BG and Armia makes the Habs a better team (Obviously.)

The problem is that this doesn't take into account other teams injuries.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Cool if you think that BG and Armia makes the Habs a better team (Obviously.)

The problem is that this doesn't take into account other teams injuries.

What do other teams have to do with this?

Having those 2 would of turned those 1 goal losses into Wins/OT points.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Umm...yeah, but with very (VERY) few exceptions, we never drafted any of those top forwards so, by default, those we drafted probably should have been sent to the AHL.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The Habs play against other teams :laugh: If you assume the Habs don't have injuries, you have to assume they don't either.

Ok other teams don't have injuries either, whats your point?

BG and Armia would of made a difference in all those 1 goal games we lost over the past 2/3 weeks since the 3-1 WC trip.

I am not trying to make a point that the habs would be the best team in the league without injuries. Just that the recent slide they had would of been mitigated by not losing those 2 guys. And consider before they went down we were behind Boston I think the team would still be in the playoff picture with them in the line up.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I think leafs can withstand Reilly and Muzzin out, but that shitbag team’s fans were real quiet when Babcock was coach. Now they can’t stop shitting on habs woes. It would be extra delicious to see them choke and use the same injury excuse, they dismissed us with

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ok other teams don't have injuries either, whats your point?

BG and Armia would of made a difference in all those 1 goal games we lost over the past 2/3 weeks since the 3-1 WC trip.

I am not trying to make a point that the habs would be the best team in the league without injuries. Just that the recent slide they had would of been mitigated by not losing those 2 guys. And consider before they went down we were behind Boston I think the team would still be in the playoff picture with them in the line up.
But the other teams players that are injured would have made a difference too :laugh: If you assume that BG and Armia never got injured, then you have to assume that every other team in the NHL doesn't lose their players too, otherwise the excuse doesn't work.

Its insane that you don't understand this :laugh:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
But the other teams players that are injured would have made a difference too :laugh: If you assume that BG and Armia never got injured, then you have to assume that every other team in the NHL doesn't lose their players too, otherwise the excuse doesn't work.

Its insane that you don't understand this :laugh:

I think you are stretching here. The only thing I am saying is over the last 6 games that we lost by 1 goal having Armia and BG in the line up would of made a difference in those losses.

I am not making an excuse that the habs would be better than every team in the league, just strictly on the games we lost after the 3-1 trip on the West Coast where we were sitting behind Boston.

I think you are trying to twist this into me saying that only injuries hurt habs but not other teams. I am specifically saying that the team wouldn't of fallen off a cliff without those 2 injuries the last 3 weeks, and with how close the games were I think its a fair assesment.

With everyone healthy on this team I think we fall into the 8-12 range in the league. This team isn't good enough to power through injuries to 4 of its top scorers, thats why even when healthy they aren't a top 5 team. They can survive 2 injuries, but not 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad