News Article: "What if we compare the Rangers and the Canadian?"

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
Very good article. What i cant understand from habs management is why they just cant be honest - say we need to rebuild, then do so. While not happy with the way the season has gone, it has a completely different look if you are honest about where you are as a club.

JuJu Mobb

Montreal Canadiens
Dec 9, 2009
Very good article. What i cant understand from habs management is why they just cant be honest - say we need to rebuild, then do so. While not happy with the way the season has gone, it has a completely different look if you are honest about where you are as a club.

It's a greedy decision. Molson and MB lack transparency.

They created the illusion of a reset not to lose fans and money.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Management and owners put on this facade that anything can happen in the playoffs, so suckers like you each year, will go spend your hard earned money and drink his cheap beer. In reality, they should clean house and come out and say we are rebuilding.

This team disgusts and annoys me beyond belief when they talk about transparency and all that crap. This team has zero credibility with most fans.

Sad state from where the habs once were a respected franchise. Now this team is one big joke, thanks to all the clowns that run it.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
"Or, le CH est déjà en reconstruction. Ils n’ont juste pas osé vous le dire dans de tels mots pour ne pas vous effrayer. Ils auraient pourtant eu intérêt à le faire, puisque les attentes n’auraient pas été aussi élevées."

Je me suis arrêté après ces trois phrases.

He really want us to believe that Marc Bergevin knew that his team will suck and it's all part of a secret rebuild plan ? Bullshit.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
The management obviously knew this might be a tough few years. Molson even said it straight out at the start of the season. .... now whether it is an effective plan... we shall see

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
"Or, le CH est déjà en reconstruction. Ils n’ont juste pas osé vous le dire dans de tels mots pour ne pas vous effrayer. Ils auraient pourtant eu intérêt à le faire, puisque les attentes n’auraient pas été aussi élevées."

He really want us to believe that Marc Bergevin knew that his team will suck and it's all part of a secret rebuild plan ? Bull****.

Not really though

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

He really want us to believe that Marc Bergevin knew that his team will suck and it's all part of a secret rebuild plan ? Bull****.
Brunet, lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
My concern with the so called reset, rebuild or going with youth-

Current NHL player Kotkaniemi has regressed and was clearly not the best player available when drafted 3rd overall. I have doubts he will become a point producing top 6 player the way he is being handled.

Only one rookie is/actually ready and shows promise. Suzuki...and we didn't draft or develop him.

Poehling is clearly not ready and anyone who doesn't think his confidence is being rattled by his zero point totals are out of touch.

Fleury has shown he has NHL ability but he belongs in Laval playing 23 minutes a night in all situations.

On the farm you might have 4 decent prospects with only one of them who will make an NHL impact- Primeau.

Evans, Vejdemo and Brook may make it but nothing special.

Romanov and Caufield may also have decent NHL upside. Caufield will need a playmaker, he will be a one dimensional player. Romanov I think has the most upside of any prospect we have.

My point is Bergevin is blowing smoke up our asses with this building for the future illusion.

There is nothing really special about this team and it's so called prospect pool.

The fact is that the Montreal Canadiens are a mess from top to bottom and it's going to continue.

I didn't watch the last game and wont waste my Saturday night on this garbage.

Weal, Cousins on the PP? Are you friggin kidding me?

I think this gets ugly with Price very soon...he was anticipating a much better team from his 8 year GM.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs brass have ZERO credibility these days. No ufa's want to come play in Montreal, what does that tell us. Bold face liars these days, so that the $$$$$$$ keeps rolling in.
There are so many things wrong with their flawed thinking, it's laughable and yet very sad for fans.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What an awful article.

The Rangers had 7 first round picks in 3 years before getting Trouba, including 3 top 10 picks straight. They traded away their number 1D. How can he legitimately try to compare both teams ? One picked a direction and added to their core when they ended up with the 2nd overall pick. Who wouldn't try to acquire Trouba and Panarin for what they gave up ?

Meanwhile, in Habs land, acquiring 5ths is part of the rebuild. Theyre not even trying to rebuild, theyre trying to make the playoffs, which is why their draft position has been all over the place in recent years.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Current NHL player Kotkaniemi has regressed and was clearly not the best player available when drafted 3rd overall. I have doubts he will become a point producing top 6 player the way he is being handled.

Only one rookie is/actually ready and shows promise. Suzuki...and we didn't draft or develop him.

Poehling is clearly not ready and anyone who doesn't think his confidence is being rattled by his zero point totals are out of touch.

Fleury has shown he has NHL ability but he belongs in Laval playing 23 minutes a night in all situations.

On the farm you might have 4 decent prospects with only one of them who will make an NHL impact- Primeau.

Romanov and Caufield may also have decent NHL upside. Caufield will need a playmaker, he will be a one dimensional player. Romanov I think has the most upside of any prospect we have.

My point is Bergevin is blowing smoke up our asses with this building for the future illusion.

There is nothing really special about this team and it's so called prospect pool.

The fact is that the Montreal Canadiens are a mess from top to bottom and it's going to continue.

I think this gets ugly with Price very soon...he was anticipating a much better team from his 8 year GM.
Of course the Habs are developing Suzuki lol

who else is? Owen Sound? Certainly not Guelph....can’t be Vegas can it?

Who developed Sergachev then?

As for our prospect pool, the pool wasn’t ranked by a Hab fan, it’s ranked by writers and stations......you can’t deny that we have an excellent prospect pool.

It’s not by chance that we ranked so high while seeing last year Romanov, Poehling and Primeau win awards.

Caufield is breaking records, Suzuki broke records, Brook was on fire in WHL......

we have legit prospects, more than other teams.....and wait till after this draft.....it’s gonna be nice in habland

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Those takes are scalding.

Kotkaniemi is regressing? Wow.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Those takes are scalding.

Kotkaniemi is regressing? Wow.
I would only say that KK did not take steps forward this year, which is true.

when I think regress, I think of a declining player, like Subban for instance, he hit a peak but is slowly regressing to average player. ....this is clearly not the case.

Reactions: Habano

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I would only say that KK did not take steps forward this year, which is true.

when I think regress, I think of a declining player, like Subban for instance, he hit a peak but is slowly regressing to average player. ....this is clearly not the case.

I wonder if the sophomore slump is regression every time.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Personally, I didn’t really like the article.

I took it as a pro-Bergy don’t worry everything is going according to plan, Bergy just hasn’t told us that was actually his plan from the beginning.

Right.
That’s shame on him and ownership if that’s the case

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Didn't read the article but the Rangers getting Panarin makes any comparison between the teams apples to oranges.
Rangers always in the past got the best ufa possible and had no salary cap. They had Gretzky, Messier, Gaborik, Nash and now Panarin. They bring the best players available like a magnet get steel. The big Apple is attractive for players and their wifes. When here in Montreal we have bad temperature, french language, huge taxes and big media pressure. Some serious journalist should write an article saying we are just lucky to have a hockey team and being satisfy with the little we have. Quebec built a brand new arena and will be waiting ten more years before getting an nhl franchise. To be honest I don't think they will have a team, the Videotron arena will be used for rock shows and some hockey events once in a while. So for Mtl fans we will keep on remembering the good old days, we will make tv series about Lafleur, after movies about Richard and a small tv serie about Béliveau. The glory of the Canadiens are something of the past, accept the evidence, nothing could change the inevitable. Soon there will be 32 teams. If ever Mtl wins another SC, it will be a fluke, it will be in 100 years, we will all be 6 feet under when it will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->