What if Trouba lays out Scheifele

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I is sooo excited for the game tonight. Got my case of red bull, caffine pills, 3 2L Cokes, chocolate covered coffee beans, and extra large Tim Hortons coffee ready to go!

:yo::yo::yo::amazed::yo::yo::yo:

Someones_Got_A_Frowny_Face_by_iUtarie.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Spoiler alert:
Trouba doesn't take it easy on Scheif.

As I said he didn't in the summer camp either and Mark is custom made for a player like Trouba. Jake is the goods and is showing exactly why I wanted him in the first round (thank god). I know Forsburg will be good but I said it before draft day, on draft day, and I'll say it again now after Ryan Murray I felt Trouba was the best defensman in the draft. Too early to tell of coarse but it will be nice to not have to listen to a year of teeth gnashing on our board about the wrong pick.

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
dang! missed the third period. totally crashed. looked like Trouba scored? that's three games in a row. just beastly. I'm not going to lie, I am team Trouba all the way when it comes to him and Scheifele. :sarcasm: He is just the whole package. Can contribute offensively but can also take care of things at his own end. such a great draft pick :handclap:

But I have to say, both Sheifele and Trouba have one thing in common. I think they play with great emotion. They just lay it all out on the ice. Just great to watch them play.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I like that on the charge Scheifele doesn't go down and starts skating to the play right away. Last year he would've been obliterated haha.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I like that on the charge Scheifele doesn't go down and starts skating to the play right away. Last year he would've been obliterated haha.

Agreed, his ability to handle the rough stuff has increased substantially since last year. I also like how he has developed a thick skin and wont let it throw him off his game like some players.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed, his ability to handle the rough stuff has increased substantially since last year. I also like how he has developed a thick skin and wont let it throw him off his game like some players.

Agreed! very high compete level and he is doesn't get the stupid retaliation penalties. I love RNH but that was just not a smart penalty late and he let the US style get under his skin. that's not what you expect from the captain and best player.

Mark can also dish it out now as well this year. When he gets the chance he delivers clean hard hits and seems to know how to administer them with enough restraint to stay out of the freakin box!! He is not always pretty or smooth but his sense of timing and ability to get to the dirty areas, PAY THE PRICE, and put himself in a Johnny on the spot position to score is an underrated talent that he possesses. Had it not been for a great save Mark would have had 2 point game in a nail biter.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

Agreed! very high compete level and he is doesn't get the stupid retaliation penalties. I love RNH but that was just not a smart penalty late and he let the US style get under his skin. that's not what you expect from the captain and best player.

Mark can also dish it out now as well this year. When he gets the chance he delivers clean hard hits and seems to know how to administer them with enough restraint to stay out of the freakin box!! He is not always pretty or smooth but his sense of timing and ability to get to the dirty areas, PAY THE PRICE, and put himself in a Johnny on the spot position to score is an underrated talent that he possesses. Had it not been for a great save Mark would have had 2 point game in a nail biter.

Concur with all of that , if that pass was crisp it would have been a goal imo. He was in really good positions a lot and not given the puck when that was the best decision which would have resulted in a few strong scoring opportunities.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I loved watching Scheifele and Trouba competing!

Reminds me of Sweden's Thomas Steen competing against Canada's Dale Hawerchuck in the 1987 Canada Cup.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'm just wondering where all the 'we should have taken Forsberg' folks are after watching Trouba this WJC?

As many said on draft day, he was a great pick. Hopefully both Scheifele and Trouba continue to grow as players in the coming years. They have great tools and great compete levels. Picks like this will continue to make the Jets stronger than they currently are.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm just wondering where all the 'we should have taken Forsberg' folks are after watching Trouba this WJC?

As many said on draft day, he was a great pick. Hopefully both Scheifele and Trouba continue to grow as players in the coming years. They have great tools and great compete levels. Picks like this will continue to make the Jets stronger than they currently are.

Yeah there were a number of people questioning that pick. I was fine with either player at the time but so far Trouba is developing quite well. As an aside while it is still early I hope people start giving more credit to Chvy and his scouts for their drafting. Our top picks are doing exceptionally well and most of our other picks have taken steps forward.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

There definitely weren't as many as the Couturier > Scheifele crowd to begin with. I think that crowd was mostly just upset due to rankings + the previous year with not taking the "consensus" pick. I found quite a few people (myself included) were very happy with the Trouba pick.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You guys are making me feel like a jackass.

I was the one that started the "Forsberg" chant at the tavern united draft party.

Aerial

Oct 14, 2011
You guys are making me feel like a jackass.

I was the one that started the "Forsberg" chant at the tavern united draft party.

Haaa, I remember that.

I get it though -- I mean Trouba just didn't have the same hype and coverage, so he was a bit more unknown. And even though I was always a huge fan of the pick, he's been showing a whole new level for him since he was drafted even.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I had it kinda planned before it even happened. Had Mckenzies list printed out and just started crossing out names. Thought Forsberg was the obvious choice. Hockey fans always want that exciting new forward in the draft.

They had to edit the video they were recording at the draft.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Funny I was just commenting on this on another thread about Forsburg and Grigs. One of the differences was That Jacob was a favorite on our board going into the draft based on what most of us hooed might be available (hope pray). at one point I had seen Trouba as high as # 4 on one poll so he was not off the board like Mark "who" was. Forsburg is still going to be a heck of a player and who knows how it will eventually turn out but safe to say their is next to zero second guessing out pick this week :naughty:

At the time I was hoping for Trouba but would have been fine with Forsburg (DID not want Grigs). Its still fun to go back to the draft GDT for a laugh, if you do you will see Jacob faired well with our posters on balance.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Garret and truck I love you but have to Dig this up :naughty::naughty:

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012...b-trouba-michigan-wolverines-nhl-lockout-2012

To be fair Arby liked Trouba it's just the headline looks funny today. I did notice both your comments below :)

Might have even put in my own 2 cents worth in the comments on October 20th on my 1st post with AIH (he says shamelessly pumping his own tires for being right once.....even a blind squirrel gets a nut)

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Garret and truck I love you but have to Dig this up :naughty::naughty:

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012...b-trouba-michigan-wolverines-nhl-lockout-2012

To be fair Arby liked Trouba it's just the headline looks funny today. I did notice both your comments below :)

Might have even put in my own 2 cents worth in the comments on October 20th on my 1st post with AIH (he says shamelessly pumping his own tires for being right once.....even a blind squirrel gets a nut)

What a wishy washy article. Instead of actually taking a stand and calling it a bad pick, the author decided to cover his ass by making statements like

"First things first, let me begin this piece by stating the following: I think Jacob Trouba has the potential to be a heck of a hockey player, and I hope that he does become one for the Winnipeg Jets. In fact, I could very well become one of his biggest fans if he does become an integral part of our blue-line for the next decade. And I think that he has the potential to do so, as I was very impressed with his efforts as a teenager at this past summers Jets rookie camp."

And then continues to describe how the Jets should have taken Forsberg?

So the article is just to rag on the org again for a pick, but cover your ass enough just in case Trouba turns out so he can say, "see, I also thought Trouba was good too!"

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
What a wishy washy article. Instead of actually taking a stand and calling it a bad pick, the author decided to cover his ass by making statements like

"First things first, let me begin this piece by stating the following: I think Jacob Trouba has the potential to be a heck of a hockey player, and I hope that he does become one for the Winnipeg Jets. In fact, I could very well become one of his biggest fans if he does become an integral part of our blue-line for the next decade. And I think that he has the potential to do so, as I was very impressed with his efforts as a teenager at this past summers Jets rookie camp."

And then continues to describe how the Jets should have taken Forsberg?

So the article is just to rag on the org again for a pick, but cover your ass enough just in case Trouba turns out so he can say, "see, I also thought Trouba was good too!"

Yeah. Neither Garret or I agreed with him and he was thoroughly shredded in the comments section.

I like Trouba. I always saw him as a safe pick and I was surprised he fell to us. I was also surprised how Grigs and Forsberg fell. I probably would have gone in the direction of a forward, but I never hated the Trouba pick. He looks great and he is developing quickly, but it will be years before we know what the Jets passed on.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Yeah. Neither Garret or I agreed with him and he was thoroughly shredded in the comments section.

I like Trouba. I always saw him as a safe pick and I was surprised he fell to us. I was also surprised how Grigs and Forsberg fell. I probably would have gone in the direction of a forward, but I never hated the Trouba pick. He looks great and he is developing quickly, but it will be years before we know what the Jets passed on.

That's the nice thing about AIH. We have different opinions on things which allows us as a whole to be non-biased even though we are as individuals, by nature.

I for one on draft day would have placed Forsberg ahead of Trouba but in the same tier. And, IMO, the difference between players in the same tiers is pretty negligible and subjective.

Now I may even put Trouba on a whole new tier :naughty:

But for HFBoards, it may seem like AIH is biased in opinions cos Truck and I usually align (but not as much as Grind and I).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->