What if Trouba lays out Scheifele

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
More likely he lays out LW'er Huberdeau, or RNH. Hopefully Trouba doesn't lay the smack down on any Canadian player.

I'm wondering, almost as much, if Camara or Richie will try to light up Trouba, if he's throwing his weight around. Could be a very intense game tomorrow to watch. Good thing, as it's at 3 am, should keep me awake.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
As long as no one is injured it's all good in my book.

Might even give them something to laugh about at TC next time they see each other.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You guys should probably prepare for this Scheifele is one of the easier guys to hit on team Canada as he plays a more straight forward style. Trouba is a great hitter that will take advantage of him attempting to drive the net. With that said I don't think Trouba's pairing is who the USA wants on the ice against the lockout line, so the amount of chances he will have to do it might not be as high and could keep it from happening. Both these guys are monsters though, have to be very happy if you're a Jets fan with both these guys coming up shortly.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
You guys should probably prepare for this Scheifele is one of the easier guys to hit on team Canada as he plays a more straight forward style. Trouba is a great hitter that will take advantage of him attempting to drive the net. With that said I don't think Trouba's pairing is who the USA wants on the ice against the lockout line, so the amount of chances he will have to do it might not be as high and could keep it from happening. Both these guys are monsters though, have to be very happy if you're a Jets fan with both these guys coming up shortly.

Incredibly happy. Now we just need Seth Jones and were set. Defense for the Jets is absolutely key.

Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba, Jones aww yeah.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Its not if Jabob drops Mark but when and how often. Now I don't know if he will blow him up ("Lay him out") but I saw Jacob drop Mark 4 times in a single one on one drill at the iceplex in the summer prospects camp. Funny thing about Mark is it didn't phase him in the slightest he kept getting up and scrapping until the whistle went. Don't be surprised if Trouba knocks Mark on his a55 and Mark gets up and scores or sets up a goal on the same shift......the kid has no quit.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Its not if Jabob drops Mark but when and how often. Now I don't know if he will blow him up ("Lay him out") but I saw Jacob drop Mark 4 times in a single one on one drill at the iceplex in the summer prospects camp. Funny thing about Mark is it didn't phase him in the slightest he kept getting up and scrapping until the whistle went. Don't be surprised if Trouba knocks Mark on his a55 and Mark gets up and scores or sets up a goal on the same shift......the kid has no quit.

This post got me thinking - Scheifele reminds me of this dood:

bunny.gif

Never quits. ;) Heck, he's even got the same skating stride. :laugh: ;)

jetkarma*

More likely he lays out LW'er Huberdeau, or RNH. Hopefully Trouba doesn't lay the smack down on any Canadian player.

I'm wondering, almost as much, if Camara or Richie will try to light up Trouba, if he's throwing his weight around. Could be a very intense game tomorrow to watch. Good thing, as it's at 3 am, should keep me awake.

Rememebr.

At the draft when they showed a replay of Trouba running a Canadian goalie at the U17's here in Winnipeg , the TSN host said he thought Cheveldayoff may not like that , Chevy immediately and vociferously interjected " I wouldn't change one bit of that " ...

My bet is he has at least one significant collision.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Scheifele plays against big boys who like to hit every night. He's not going to get railroaded like a little Slovak. Sure not many guys he plays against is as beastly as Trouba, but his awareness is there.

And besides, who cares? It's hockey, and it's Trouba's job to be hard to play against. Schiefele can look after himself.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Agreed that Scheifele is probably the easiest Canadian forward to hit because he doesn't have the elusiveness that others do. However, he's also not one to stare at the puck on his stick and get hit with his head down nor does he often try to beat a defenseman one-on-one at the blue-line. The US will be putting Jones' pairing out against Canada's top line anyways. I expect Trouba will hit Scheifele tomorrow but I doubt he surprises him and I doubt even more than he lays him out.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I would be happy Trouba is doing his job...
As long as Mark isn't hurt, who cares? That's hockey.
Even if Mark is injured (god forbid) if its a clean play I wouldn't be mad at Jacob. Hockey is a physical game, and Mark can give as much as he gets.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Can't wait for this matchup tonight! The way Trouba plays I really can't see him letting up on Scheifele, if the opportunity is there he's going to take it. That's what I love about him.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
I is sooo excited for the game tonight. Got my case of red bull, caffine pills, 3 2L Cokes, chocolate covered coffee beans, and extra large Tim Hortons coffee ready to go!

:yo::yo::yo::amazed::yo::yo::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad