What if the Leafs made the playoffs in 06/07 season?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
yep. Completely totally different. We would have won the cup that year. All we needed was a chance

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I remember watching that NJ/NYI Sunday game. We were down by 2 to the Habs the day before, and came back to win, all we needed was a Jersey win, and they didn't start Brodeur. They were down 2 with around 6 minutes left, and I had almost lost all hope. Then they scored. Then the time was ticking away but boom out of nowhere 0.1 seconds left the puck crosses the line. Tie game. Then they go to OT and eventually a shootout and the Isles win anyway. It was like getting you heart ripped out 4 times.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
We made it in 2013 came up short of the first round but did not make the playoffs since then. What happened?

Carl Gunnarsson refused to clear the puck despite holding the puck by the boards for 10 seconds. Boston stole it and scored. Next shift, Carl Gunnarsson refused to clear the puck again. Held it for about 5 seconds, fumbled it, Boston stole it and scored. Gunnarsson happened.

Krylian

Jul 25, 2007
What if I had Mexican for dinner tonight. What would my **** look like tomorrow?

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
that Summer we traded our 1st and other picks for Vesa Toskala and Mark Bell, I feel that that's a trade that would go down regardless of the Leafs making the Playoffs that year.

Even if the Leaf made the playoffs and decided to roll Raycroft as undisputed #1 for another year, Lars Eller doesn't make this team any better

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
I remember watching that NJ/NYI Sunday game. We were down by 2 to the Habs the day before, and came back to win, all we needed was a Jersey win, and they didn't start Brodeur. They were down 2 with around 6 minutes left, and I had almost lost all hope. Then they scored. Then the time was ticking away but boom out of nowhere 0.1 seconds left the puck crosses the line. Tie game. Then they go to OT and eventually a shootout and the Isles win anyway. It was like getting you heart ripped out 4 times.

That was the year Lou fired his coach right before the playoffs and took over himself. Clemmensen was his call. But in a way it all worked out, he has done more for the team now than anything that could have come of squeaking into the playoffs.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

To this day that is one of the most memorable non leaf games in my mind. I was infuriated they didn't start Brodeur!

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010

That Devils equalizer is the most I've ever cheered for a non-Leaf goal.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
We only made it in 2013 due to the lockout. If it was a 82 game season, no way we would of made it.

That's an excuse that Leaf haters use, ALL 30 teams had the same schedule and the same # of games, they made the playoffs because they played better than 14 other teams in the 60 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad