What if the leafs kept Kehoe and Stoughton

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
It's seems these players careers took off once traded out of Toronto

Both became 50 goal scorers

How good. Or better would the Leafs have been if they held onto these great players ?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

How good. Or better would the Leafs have been if they held onto these great players ?

Stoughton wouldn't suddenly take McDonald's icetime, and if there's a player who screams "bad team goalscorer", it's probably Stoughton.

Kehoe was traded for Stoughton amongst other things (a 1st rounder), so it's hard to see a scenario where the Leafs keep both. They would indeed have fared better had they made a better pick, and plenty of good-to-great players were still on the board.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I do not know if they both could have been kept since they were traded for each other. They were both good players who had a few very good years. I would not say they were great for their careers. As a Rangers fan I was excited when we traded for Blaine but he just kind of went away to the minors soon afterwards.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Stoughton wouldn't suddenly take McDonald's icetime, and if there's a player who screams "bad team goalscorer", it's probably Stoughton.

Kehoe was traded for Stoughton amongst other things (a 1st rounder), so it's hard to see a scenario where the Leafs keep both. They would indeed have fared better had they made a better pick, and plenty of good-to-great players were still on the board.

Basically this. Neither was a particularly special player.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver

correct me if I am wrong. but were they not traded for each other?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad