What if Pittsburgh drafted Corey Perry in 2003?

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
Hypotheticly speaking, what kind of points or what kind of player would Perry be if he was drafted by the Penguins? Would he become the next Jari Kurri and pump goals at break-neck pace with Crosby or Malkin? Perrenial Art Ross/Rocket Richard candidate each year?

What do you think?

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Leaves as a free agent.

But really, if anything, it would be pretty obvious who gave Crosby the mumps.

Ralphy*

Their goaltending would have remained terrible, and they may not have won a cup.

Yeah, probably this.

That aside, I would have loved to see prime Perry and prime Crosby play 82 times a year. It would have been pretty ridiculous.
Still would be now, actually.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They wouldn't have gotten the past ten years of quality goaltending.

:laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't hold it in.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
What if LA drafted Perry instead of Brian Boyle and Jeff Tambellini who were pick right before him? LA screwed up that draft so bad, they were lucky Brown turned out to be a good pick.

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
He has a phenomenal linemate as is, so I'm not sure there'd be that much improvement in his numbers going away from Getzlaf, especially factoring injuries.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
What if the Oilers took Getzlaf at 17 (instead of trading it to take Marc-Andre Pouliot and Jean-Francois Jacques), completed the Comrie for Perry trade and still managed to get Pronger?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I doubt Perry would score more. When you're a star player your points see less of an increase from superior linemates than weaker players would with the same linemates. Also, I doubt he has better chemistry with Crosby than he does with Getzlaf.

Oct 18, 2011
Hypotheticly speaking, what kind of points or what kind of player would Perry be if he was drafted by the Penguins? Would he become the next Jari Kurri and pump goals at break-neck pace with Crosby or Malkin? Perrenial Art Ross/Rocket Richard candidate each year?

What do you think?
sure, playing with ryan getzlaf is such a terrible way to spend a career.....good grief, the difference in production would be minimal at best

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My issue with questions like this is who knows how much different the players would be if developed by that other team. If they'd respond to the system.

But odds are yeah. He scores 40 goals roughly on Getzlaf's wing. Might be 50 with Crosby generally. Bit less.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Well, he'd be playing in the easier conference for starters. 50 goals minimum every season :sarcasm:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What if LA drafted Perry instead of Brian Boyle and Jeff Tambellini who were pick right before him? LA screwed up that draft so bad, they were lucky Brown turned out to be a good pick.

When ever he did anything dirty /cheap kings fans would claim he's just a bad skater :v

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->