What if Karlsson signs an extension and stays in Ottawa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You could have just answered the question in as many words too. I have no idea which thread it was posted in and when. Seems like asking for help was the easiest way for an answer. I was wrong.
Providing tools for self sufficiency is more valuable than spoon feeding.

Mysens has very few posts which you could get through in under 2 min.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You could have just answered the question in as many words too. I have no idea which thread it was posted in and when. Seems like asking for help was the easiest way for an answer. I was wrong.

He basically said Erik wants to stay in Ottawa, but doesn't want to play for Melynk. Basically what everyone has been saying all year...just a different wording.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He basically said Erik wants to stay in Ottawa, but doesn't want to play for Melynk. Basically what everyone has been saying all year...just a different wording.
And this is why I didn't paraphrase mysens posts.

That is a completely different interpretation than I would have provided, so I think anyone interested would be better off going back to the original posts.

(BTW, not saying your version was intentionally misleading or that I would have done better. )

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
FWIW guys, after some discussion I believe mysens to have a legit source. Doesn't mean you have to believe him or me, but ease up on the berating.

If he has actual insider knowledge, that's fine, but he's a cartoon version of a real person and it's hard to ignore.

Also, when you make fantastic claims, you are open to criticism.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Have you been following him and his claims over the past few months? He's basically playing the long version of the 'king of England.'
I can't say I have been following anyone close enough to know exactly what they have been saying. All I know is that I am one of the few who thinks Karlsson wants to stay and have said as much. The whole Karlsson thread was bull shit and pretty much a waste of time especially when The "insiders" made themselves look really stupid. I don't plan on checking out many threads on the Sens board until there is actually something to talk about. I saw Drunk Uncle Denis made a comment and was just curious that I missed something that was important but it's basically not. Karlsson wants to stay, yay, Melnyk sucks, boo.

workout-gif.gif

Reactions: OgieO

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
What did mysens say?

-Karlsson wants to stay in Ottawa
-Melnyk was pissed at the "I'm going to get every penny I'm worth" comments and told Dorion to dangle Karlsson at the trade deadline
-Karlsson was surprised/hurt by that. Wife told him to work something out with Ottawa ASAP. Bruised egos are standing in the way of this.
-Karlsson intends to play out next season with the Sens. If he and Melnyk haven't patched things up by the trade deadline then he would consider playing for a warm weather and/or big market team.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Thank uou
-Melnyk was pissed at the "I'm going to get every penny I'm worth" comments and told Dorion to dangle Karlsson at the trade deadline
-Karlsson was surprised/hurt by that. Wife told him to work something out with Ottawa ASAP. Bruised egos are standing in the way of this.
-Karlsson intends to play out next season with the Sens. If he and Melnyk haven't patched things up by the trade deadline then he would consider playing for a warm weather and/or big market team.

Thank you, well done.

Reactions: Silencio

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Nothing that hasn't already been said then.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Definetly not by the media though. We have been put through the ringer with all the nonsense from the TDL. I have been saying all the above with many here bashing me. When asked my way of source, I attempted to explain the where and when and was berated because of my socioeconomic status. So, heard it here folks. This is the truth behind the scenes!

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’

- Ron Swanson

'Light a man a fire and you'll keep him hot for a night. Light a man ON fire and you'll keep him hot for the rest of his life.'

- Alf Silfversson

Reactions: slamigo

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Honestly Daffy, that is pretty much the opposite of what most people were saying at the time. The message was that we was going to be traded, and traded imminently. Fait accompli. People laughed at his claims for being outlandish. It's funny to me that the other "insiders" who were proven to be completely wrong are still given credit while the one guy who has yet to be disproven (could happen, just hasn't yet) is mocked and derided. Heck, DJB said a trade was going down. Not maybe going down, definitely happening and named names of players involved. Obviously that was false info and the source of DJB's info was misinformed.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The situation is fluid.

The most likely time for Erik to be traded, was at the trade deadline, then the draft, then the first week of free agency. Since it didn't happen, now there's a lull, and the most likely trade dates are during training camp, or at the trade deadline. Anyone with a bit of common sense and a good ear on social media can make a solid prediction here. We know Erik has been unhappy since the Turris trade, the "get what I'm worth comment"...heck, even trade deadline to the miracle run last year when Erik starting chirping on the ice at a few guys. Add in flavor of the local wife wanting to stay here (obviously, as this is home) and you make for a good tell. This stuff isn't rocket science.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
The situation is fluid.

The most likely time for Erik to be traded, was at the trade deadline, then the draft, then the first week of free agency. Since it didn't happen, now there's a lull, and the most likely trade dates are during training camp, or at the trade deadline. Anyone with a bit of common sense and a good ear on social media can make a solid prediction here. We know Erik has been unhappy since the Turris trade, the "get what I'm worth comment"...heck, even trade deadline to the miracle run last year when Erik starting chirping on the ice at a few guys. Add in flavor of the local wife wanting to stay here (obviously, as this is home) and you make for a good tell. This stuff isn't rocket science.
Then why was everybody saying the opposite? mysens might be a troll having fun with us, I don't know and I don't care, but it's purely revisionist history to say anyone and everyone was saying what we was saying. His info was 100% contrary to what was being said by media and insiders alike. At the time when media and insiders were saying EK WAS traded (not might be traded, was traded) he/she came he and said the opposite. At the very least, I respect that he had the guts to do it.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

The "wife told him to work something out with Ottawa ASAP" line is actually news to me, if that's confirmed. Most people were just saying that she's from here and that they'd assume she'd want to stay. based off of what's happened with Hoffman, you'd think that she'd want out and a fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad