What if Emelin returned now?

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
It should be Bouillon, but its likely going to be Tinordi unfortunately.. Perhaps Diaz. I know our defence would be terrifying with both emelin and tinner.

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
Maybe I'm not watching closely enough, or drinking to much while the games are one, but I would take Bouillon over Diaz based on their performance so far.

Bouillon is unspectacular, but he's solid, and can give/take the physical play. Diaz looks soft and seems to be lacking confidence. He makes a lot of soft plays from what I see, and I'm not sure if it's because he's physically weak or only making the play halfheartedly due to lack of confidence.

Anyway, he won't be building confidence by being in the pressbox, so that's up to the coaching staff/management to decide, but based simply on their play, I would prefer Bouillon over Diaz so far.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Maybe I'm not watching closely enough, or drinking to much while the games are one, but I would take Bouillon over Diaz based on their performance so far.

Bouillon is unspectacular, but he's solid, and can give/take the physical play. Diaz looks soft and seems to be lacking confidence. He makes a lot of soft plays from what I see, and I'm not sure if it's because he's physically weak or only making the play halfheartedly due to lack of confidence.

Anyway, he won't be building confidence by being in the pressbox, so that's up to the coaching staff/management to decide, but based simply on their play, I would prefer Bouillon over Diaz so far.

The problem with Diaz is that he's with the wrong partner. He needs a more physically imposing defensive partner in order for him to utilize his puck moving ability. With Markov, he has to be the defensive guy and he's not built for that.

Take Bouillon out and put Diaz with Tinordi and you'd see a much improved Diaz.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Unfortunately, that's a decision neither we nor the coaches will have to make. When Emelin is ready to come back due to all the injuries we'll be pulling Pateryn or Beaulieu or Ellis from the line up .

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
I've always liked Bouillon. Felt he was a decent blueliner and played with heart. But he's really a number 7 guy now. He just doesn't look good and I'd want him to sit.

As others have said though, he's MT's boyfriend.

Exactly my thought. I always loved Bouillon (no homo), even with his small stature he can lay some impressive hits and he plays real hard. He's just not that great anymore, and I think he knows it. Whej he signed here, it was officially to be the 7th guy (from what I remember), so I think it's okay for him to be 7th.

What I want to know is, will Emelin have lost speed because of that injury? I certainly hope he's not gonna be afraid to hit from now on (would like to see him actually hit Lucic hard without destroying his onw knee!)

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I would sit Bouillon, but if Emelin came back for Wednesday's game I fear it would be Tinordi who would sit. And be sent down shortly after.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The problem with Diaz is that he's with the wrong partner. He needs a more physically imposing defensive partner in order for him to utilize his puck moving ability. With Markov, he has to be the defensive guy and he's not built for that.

Take Bouillon out and put Diaz with Tinordi and you'd see a much improved Diaz.

Maybe for now, but in fact I would prefer in the long run to see Tinordi with Subban, and Gorges with Diaz, Emelin with Markov. Late in a game where offence is needed, I would sit Gorges and Tinordi, and rotate the four more offensive guys. Late in a game where defence is needed, I would sit Markov and Diaz, and rotate the four more defensive guys.

Against certain teams I might even want Murray ahead of Diaz. Within a year from now, all of Bouillon, Murray and Diaz will be expendable, with Beaulieu in the top 6 and Drewiske ad Pateryn or Nygren as support.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
For me it was between Tinordi and Bouillon. I think Tinordi is the type of player we need but he makes a lot of mistakes out there. Bouillon doesn't try to do more than he can do, which means he won't be an exceptional player but he'll do his job properly. Diaz has great vision and he compliments his co-defenceman really well.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I'd say Bouillon, but it'll be Tinordi. He'll probably be sent back down to Hamilton when Ems and Murray return.

Habiton

Apr 30, 2010
Here is a better question, what if we have Emelin and Murray and Drewiskie back?

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Therrien's bench management last night has me more encouraged to the possibility of Tinordi sticking when Emelin comes back.. But we know how it goes, we will probably have another injury on D the day he gets back and not have to worry about it lol

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Sit Diaz....

Georges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Tinordi

Good night.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Murray will be in the lineup before Emelin thought.

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Tinordi
Murray - Diaz

And then

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Tinordi

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Our D would from one of the lightest (last season) to one of the heaviest in the league! :amazed:
And going from mediocre to decent!
Murray will be in the lineup before Emelin thought.

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Tinordi
Murray - Diaz

And then

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Tinordi

Way to copy me! :laugh:

The habs would finally... have a decent D core. Murray would remove the trash in front of Price and will support Emelin with his physical play.

I wish we could get our hands on Despres.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Is this thread out there, because Emelin is closer to a return?

Not really, although with Emelin skating last month there was talk that he might be back earlier than expected, so maybe early November?

I asked because assuming Murray and Emelin are ready in a few weeks, mgm't will have some decisions to make that will seriously affect the character of our team going forward.

If Tinordi, Emelin and Murray slot in there's no room for Diaz and Bouillon, which is fine with me, but I wonder if mgm't does that. I think Cube would sit happily but Diaz probably has to be traded.

By the way I think Emelin would do well on the PP, and Subban could double shift on most of the PPs. With Master Markov we don't need Diaz, who IMHO looks a DD-style D (okay now I'm in trouble... So I voted Diaz as the first one to drop out of our top-six.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Don't know, but it wouldn't be Emelin I can tell you.

I'd sit Bouillon because in many ways, Emelin brings the same skill set, only better and in a bigger frame.

Plus, Diaz / Emelin is a good pairing on the 2nd PP I feel, if you don't double-shift Subban there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->