What if Dustin Penner stays with the Ducks?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There are factions of Ducks fans that might disagree with me...but the way I saw it, he was a floater on this team. He benefited from the play of players he was surrounded with. He didn't create good play often. Very rarely really. He had enough talent to benefit from those plays and capitalize.

I don't think if he had stayed he'd be much different. Pat Maroon made him expendable and I'd rather have him. He's more of a difference maker with and without the puck.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i think he might have had a slightly better career but better work ethic? i highly doubt it

it's a shame penner was so lazy, he could have done so much more with that body

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
There are factions of Ducks fans that might disagree with me...but the way I saw it, he was a floater on this team. He benefited from the play of players he was surrounded with. He didn't create good play often. Very rarely really. He had enough talent to benefit from those plays and capitalize.

I don't think if he had stayed he'd be much different. Pat Maroon made him expendable and I'd rather have him. He's more of a difference maker with and without the puck.

Think he meant after the cup season. I don't really have much of an opinion on it.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California

The OP's talking about when Penner signed the offer sheet with Edmonton in 07. Pat Maroon didn't make anybody expendable back then. :laugh:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
from what i've heard he currently DJ's at nightclubs in the newport beach, ca area

i'm not kidding
:laugh:

Only slightly better than what Lombardi thought would happen to him...

Talking about Dustin Penner, Dean Lombardi gave this quote to Craig regarding Penner’s future: “Dustin is at the cross-roads of his career. He can choose to use his athletic ability to either become a dominant power forward in the National Hockey League or be a dominant number four hitter for the El Cid Lounge in a men’s softball league—the choice is his.†The El Cid Lounge, according to Yelp, is a bar in Ludlow, Mass., about a half-hour outside of Lombardi’s hometown of Holyoke.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/05/26/golf-kaunisto-and-the-el-cid-lounge/

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Katella Avenue would have looked like Route A1A in Florida with
IHOP, Waffle Houses strung around the Pond

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Dustin Penner is a lazy bum who has no drive or good work ethics. It all started with an offer sheet that he had no business getting. It wouldn't have mattered whether the Ducks matched it or not.

Palffy3314

Feb 26, 2010
Las Vegas
He was great in the playoffs for the Kings, but I guess he didn't show enough effort to stay in the league. He would have a great game every now and then where he looked like a pretty decent player, then disappear for awhile. I'm still surprised nobody picked him up in the off season though. I figured some team would be dumb/generous enough to give him a contract (or a tryout.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad