What if Bluegar can play 3C?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, but a clearly injured Carter ****ing Rowney needed games. Having no idea about Blueger at the nhl level is on Sullivan and him finding his Adams.

Sullivan really needs to look at some of the **** he did last season and decide if that’s the path he wants to take.

Is it? Or is it on Blueger getting up there and not making the positive case for starting ahead of Rowney? Its not an unreasonable question given he lost out twice to Gregg McKegg and Dea.

Ultimately we'll never know the answer to that but I'm not seeing a particular reason to assume it wasn't the result his performances and talent level earned.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Is it? Or is it on Blueger getting up there and not making the positive case for starting ahead of Rowney? Its not an unreasonable question given he lost out twice to Gregg McKegg and Dea.

Ultimately we'll never know the answer to that but I'm not seeing a particular reason to assume it wasn't the result his performances and talent level earned.

I mean, he had a strong preseason, was on a hot streak when he was called up if memory serves, Rowney was a GTD and Rowney had a really bad season. In the games Blueger was in the press box for Rowney averaged 7:16 minutes a game. Blueger may have sucked but he should have gotten a shot over a player who was worse offensively than Craig god damn Adams did for most of his career, arguably coasting, hobbled and consistently part of a terrible 4th line.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I mean, he had a strong preseason, was on a hot streak when he was called up if memory serves, Rowney was a GTD and Rowney had a really bad season. In the games Blueger was in the press box for Rowney averaged 7:16 minutes a game. Blueger may have sucked but he should have gotten a shot over a player who was worse offensively than Craig god damn Adams did for most of his career, arguably coasting, hobbled and consistently part of a terrible 4th line.

There is not information there to be sure he would have been better and that he was more convincing in training - no matter how much you hated Rowney.

I don't recall Blueger having a strong preseason either.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
There is not information there to be sure he would have been better and that he was more convincing in training - no matter how much you hated Rowney.

We were still battling for a playoff spot at the time too. We went 5-0-1 when Blueger was the 13th forward too and had won 5 out of the previous 6 too. More of a case of better the devil you know/if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
The real question? What if Juuso Riikola is a top pairing defenseman?

But seriously, no, I'm not very high on him. He's a decent AHL player but doesn't seem to have any particularity standout attributes. I think 4th line center in a pinch is as high as he goes but obviously I haven't seen him play a lot so I'm don't have a strong hold on that opinion. Either way, center depth is too high right now for him to have a chance to crack the lineup with any sense of regularity. He'll likely get Sundqvisted out in a trade or end up in Europe within the next few years.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The real question? What if Juuso Riikola is a top pairing defenseman?

But seriously, no, I'm not very high on him. He's a decent AHL player but doesn't seem to have any particularity standout attributes. I think 4th line center in a pinch is as high as he goes but obviously I haven't seen him play a lot so I'm don't have a strong hold on that opinion. Either way, center depth is too high right now for him to have a chance to crack the lineup with any sense of regularity. He'll likely get Sundqvisted out in a trade or end up in Europe within the next few years.

He hasn't played a game for us, we've never seen him practice or play in any tourney over here. I am skeptical but I think he can be something here. I wouldn't be shocked to see him make the team and make JR make a move (maybe even free up cap space).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

And Dea did?

If you had the option of Blueger or Dea for the 4C spot, even a blind moron would realize Blueger is the better option. Instead, Dea was called up, then barely used because?

Surprise surprise, he's a small soft speedy player that is not suitable for a 4C role.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
And Dea did?

If you had the option of Blueger or Dea for the 4C spot, even a blind moron would realize Blueger is the better option. Instead, Dea was called up, then barely used because?

Surprise surprise, he's a small soft speedy player that is not suitable for a 4C role.

Maybe it was because he was a RH? Dea’s numbers were a little better (not dramatically though). I don’t think Sully thought either were good enough at this stage. Probably fair but I though Blueger should have got at least 1 game when called up. I understand maybe not the first two games because we were on the road but we came home and played Ottawa.

Ottawa is a game we should win no matter what. If he didn’t do well then scratch him as we played LA, Toronto and Columbus after and the games were real important at that stage of the season.

Not a huge deal in the scheme of things but its be a good gesture and one that really shouldn’t have effected the outcome of the Ottawa game at least.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tbh, it doesn't really matter why Sully thought Dea was the better shout.

What matters is that the men with the most knowledge of the situation, all of them good judges of a hockey player - led by Sully - thought Dea was the better shout. Despite everything HOG said. Ditto Rowney, despite everything vabm said.

Maybe Bluegers was really harshly done by. But maybe he wasn't. Despite everything.

None of us know. Very few of us have even seen enough of Bluegers for a properly educated guess. Which is why I find the idea that we can be sure he was harshly done by preposterous.

And if he wasn't, a thread about him as a 3C candidate is very reaching.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Tbh, it doesn't really matter why Sully thought Dea was the better shout.

What matters is that the men with the most knowledge of the situation, all of them good judges of a hockey player - led by Sully - thought Dea was the better shout. Despite everything HOG said. Ditto Rowney, despite everything vabm said.

Maybe Bluegers was really harshly done by. But maybe he wasn't. Despite everything.

None of us know. Very few of us have even seen enough of Bluegers for a properly educated guess. Which is why I find the idea that we can be sure he was harshly done by preposterous.

And if he wasn't, a thread about him as a 3C candidate is very reaching.

Yup. This is a guy that's played 4 years of college and 2 full AHL seasons. He has progressed, but there is nothing to suggest he has been treated unfairly. He just wasn't ready to be an NHL player and may never be. I can buy that they should have given him some games early on last year when Greg McKegg was our 3rd line center, but clearly the team felt he wasn't ready. I have no credible evidence to prove they are wrong in that assessment and this regime hasn't had many issues playing young players in important roles (opinions on the handling of Sprong aside).

Reactions: Tom Hanks and Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad