What If Anything do the Isles do about Goaltending???

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
you don't trade for Miller IMO he is going to be a Free Agent.
the stuff required via trade are going to high for a free agent.
I like the other guys. However i think our best plan would be to sign Bryz for 2 maybe 3 years on a decent deal. take the stuff you wanted to trade for a goalie and grab a D man

Bryz has zero leverage and no one wants him. So, no need to give him anything more than a 1yr contract.

My question is: What do the Isles do if Nabokov gets injured????

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Old
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
People who arguing "he is not our future" are being ridiculous. I'm 1 of his biggest fans but if we can get Bernier,Bishop, or Khudobin i would trade Nabby in a heartbeat come next Wednesday if in some way it would help get any of those 3 here.

I like Nabby as many of you know and was/is a supporter for him. He is trending downward and as much as I like him read what I wrote last may about who I wanted. Amazing all 3 are off to great starts.

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
The NYI need to give Poulin more starts to see what he can do...which its seems they are going too. He has not had any opportunity with the NYI after his injury and the shortened season last year. The kid is only 23 and needs some confidence.

If he falters then we should make a move fast for a goaltender but that will most likely not happen until the deadline.

If we did sign Bryz...it should be only for the remainder of the season as of now in the NHL he doesn't deserve anymore than that from any team.

We all agree that Snow needed to sign a goaltender over the summer....he didn't ...get over it.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
sidenote, what do you think it would take right now to get halak? could he be had for de haan and a 2nd, or do you think it would definitely take a first

Figure whatever it would take to get Miller is what it would take to get Halak.

St Louis is a contender, and he is their best goalie. Unless they can get an upgrade somewhere else (and get Buffalo to retain salary) they won't move him for anything short of a massive overpayment.

The time to get Halak was over the summer.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Figure whatever it would take to get Miller is what it would take to get Halak.

St Louis is a contender, and he is their best goalie. Unless they can get an upgrade somewhere else (and get Buffalo to retain salary) they won't move him for anything short of a massive overpayment.

The time to get Halak was over the summer.

i dont think halak would command as much as miller

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Halak is most likely going to be the #1 going on a team making the playoffs. Miller, unless there is some major injury, ain't making the playoffs.

my question still stands: what do you think it will take.....i am not that familair with STL to be honest

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I think Halak resigns with STL.

PIT acquires Miller during the season, resigns him at less than 'market value' and ship off or buyout Fleury.

Isles only option is trade (Reimer?) or Hiller.

id be thrilled with reimer....maybe my question should have been what will it take to get him....the better bernier plays the more we should go for it...

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm right there with ya leading the Bernier bandwagon. I wanted him so ****ing bad and now he's playing great for the Leafs instead of the Islanders for the next 10 years.

But it's fine cause we got Clutterbuck for Nino....

The ironic part of your comment is that we might have had a chance to pick up Josh Harding in this trade instead of Clutterbuck . . . IF we had asked. :cry:

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Hiller isn't going anywhere soon with Fasth being hurt. Hiller has been solid enough this season for the Ducks to want to keep him.

Hiller will most likely command a raise over his current salary/cap hit @ 4.5. Fasth is signed for another year and gets a $1 million raise next year to $3.5. [I meant Hiller walks as UFA, not in season move].

Would seem odd for ANA to retain more than $8 mil in goaltending, if they don't have to.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Hiller will most likely command a raise over his current salary/cap hit @ 4.5. Fasth is signed for another year and gets a $1 million raise next year to $3.5. [I meant Hiller walks as UFA, not in season move].

Would seem odd for ANA to retain more than $8 mil in goaltending, if they don't have to.

I see, I misunderstood as a mid season deal.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
The ironic part of your comment is that we might have had a chance to pick up Josh Harding in this trade instead of Clutterbuck . . . IF we had asked. :cry:

And then, god forbid, Harding's MS takes a turn for the worse...That move would be destroyed by fans. Minnesota is trying to limit Hardings playing time to keep his symptoms in check as much as possible.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
And then, god forbid, Harding's MS takes a turn for the worse...That move would be destroyed by fans. Minnesota is trying to limit Hardings playing time to keep his symptoms in check as much as possible.

Limit his playing time? He's pretty much played EVERY minute since Backstrom went down and now Backstrom is back he still is playing every minute.

4-2-1 with a .953 save% and a GAA of .096 :handclap:

And showing no signs of the MS or fatigue right now.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Limit his playing time? He's pretty much played EVERY minute since Backstrom went down and now Backstrom is back he still is playing every minute.

It's a good start for sure, but I would be leery about him playing that much through April. A full NHL season is a long and brutal haul for anyone, much less someone with MS.

If the 9th pick was good enough to get Schneider, you think Vancouver would've bit on Nino + the 2013 1st instead? That's what we really lost out on.
It has been mentioned that Vancouver was really high on Bo Horvat, which is why they pulled the trigger for only the pick. Horvat would not have been available at #15, so Vancouver would probably not have traded with the Isles even if they included Nino.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think Halak resigns with STL.

PIT acquires Miller during the season, resigns him at less than 'market value' and ship off or buyout Fleury.

Isles only option is trade (Reimer?) or Hiller.

The Pens don't have any room with their cap, so I don't see how it's possible to acquire Miller mid-season. I'm pretty sure they are looking to unload a D prospect or two though, so maybe they could finagle something.

scott99

May 13, 2005

And showing no signs of the MS or fatigue right now.

Incredible story right there, how can you not root for a guy like Harding ? I'd love to see him go on to win the Vezina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad