Line Combos: What if...Alex Galchenyuk is ready

Kboum

Nov 13, 2006
Sherbrooke
Hey guys... simple question, if Alex Galchenyuk is ready to come back... do you think he'll be Healthy Scratch ?

I mean there's no way they can take Bourque, Bournival (played great yesterday), Eller, Briere out of the line up.

That leaves Prust and maybe Weise...
So the odd man out would be Prust.. but if we face the Bruins I don't think thats the way to go.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Either Weise or Bournival... would be great to have Chucky back, the depth is awesome.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Would we really want to rush him back for the 4th game? I would tell him to get some more rest so that he can train with the team and get ready for the second round. I think we can win the first without him.

dreamingofdrouin*

i would almost want one of weise, bourni or someone to just get a little banged up just so that we can slide gally back in there casually and not screw with a guys morale...cause lets be honest....absolutely every forward from top to bottom has been out ****ing standing. but no you can't healthy scratch galchenyuk....thats too much talent to sit in the press box. thing is..you cant take weise or prust out againt boston...so i would say its bourni if we face them and weise if its detroit.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think the lineup goes to:

Patches DD Vanek
Chuckie Plex Gally
Bork Eller Gio
Moen Prust Wiese
Bounival/White

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
If we're playing Boston...

Patches-DD-Vanek
Chucky-Plek-Gally
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Bourni-Weiss

Briere hasn't done much in games 2 and 3. MT has been double shifting Eller on the 4th line considering Briere's a liability at EV when we have the lead. Scratching Prust or Weiss vs the Bruins would be dumb and Bourni has played much better than Danny so there you go.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I wouldn't even mind keeping the same lineup as right now and putting Galchenyuk with Briere and Weise on the 4th line, Prust hasn't been playing that great but that line is still putting up points and playing solid. Put Galchenyuk and Briere on the second PP with Plekanec and then give them shifts versus the other team's bottom six throughout the game, if we need goals late in the game put one of them up on Plekanec's line.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If we play boston you can't scratch Prust.

I think bournival would be the odd man out as much as I like him. Galchenyuk is just a better player. We might also see Briere scratched, yesterday Therrien preferred playing Eller and Plekanec on the 4th line instead.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Briere is clearly the player that should sit when Galch comes back...

Bournival has played way too well to be benched (if anything, team would be better served with him getting a bit more ice time, not less, given the way he's playing).

Prust/Weise bring a physical element that is/will be needed, especially if the team goes deeper into the playoffs.

Briere isn't bringing much, the vaunted playoff star aspect hasn't shown up in three games, and i don't see it happening. He's lost too much explosiveness to be an impact guy, and we have enough other guys who bring more than he can both ends of the ice to warrant keeping him in.

on the flip side, playoffs always test teams depth, so it's likely to be a moot point sooner than later the deeper we go.

MaxPac - DD - Vanek
Bork - Pleks - Gally
Galch - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Bournival - Weiss
(Moen/Briere/White)

tempting to flip Gally/Gionta, to reunite the "Egg" line... but i think adding a vet like to Eller/Galch makes sense in the emotion filled playoffs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don't change a winning lineup. Let chucky sit! He is not bringing much anyway, the kid is not strong enough and frequently gets out muscled on the boards. He will be a good player just not now, I would let him sit for now. Bring him in when necessary.

Analyzer*

I guess Weise would be out, but I also think they might tell to really be 100% before returning.

I think Bournival would be bump... mostly cause he is the rook.

Either Weise or Bournival... would be great to have Chucky back, the depth is awesome.

Both Bournival and Weise have been better than a few players on the team. Prust has played worse and imo Briere as too. However, Briere is the guy who seems to score clutch goals, so he likely gets to stay in over Prust.

The Bournival, Weise and Briere line is so effective because Weise and Bournival can get into the zone fast with their speed.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Briere is clearly the player that should sit when Galch comes back...

Bournival has played way too well to be benched (if anything, team would be better served with him getting a bit more ice time, not less, given the way he's playing).

Prust/Weise bring a physical element that is/will be needed, especially if the team goes deeper into the playoffs.

Briere isn't bringing much, the vaunted playoff star aspect hasn't shown up in three games, and i don't see it happening. He's lost too much explosiveness to be an impact guy, and we have enough other guys who bring more than he can both ends of the ice to warrant keeping him in.

on the flip side, playoffs always test teams depth, so it's likely to be a moot point sooner than later the deeper we go.

MaxPac - DD - Vanek
Bork - Pleks - Gally
Galch - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Bournival - Weiss
(Moen/Briere/White)

tempting to flip Gally/Gionta, to reunite the "Egg" line... but i think adding a vet like to Eller/Galch makes sense in the emotion filled playoffs.

Well, playing with pluggers kind of do that to offensive players... Briere is a veteran and known playoff performer, you need him in your lineup. With Galchenyuk back, that's an offensive weapon back for him...

Bournival or even worst Weise haven't brought much more to the team... plus, Briere can play center another huge plus. I like Bournival speed and defense, though.

Weise would clearly be the odd man for me.

1st line
Chucky-Eller-Gally
Prust-Pleks-Gio (checking line)
Bourque-Briere-Bournival/Weise/Moen

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hey guys... simple question, if Alex Galchenyuk is ready to come back... do you think he'll be Healthy Scratch ?

I mean there's no way they can take Bourque, Bournival (played great yesterday), Eller, Briere out of the line up.

That leaves Prust and maybe Weise...
So the odd man out would be Prust.. but if we face the Bruins I don't think thats the way to go.

I can see them keeping the lineup intact until they lose a game, even if Moen and Galchenyuk are ready to go back in, unless somebody really has an off night. In the playoffs, teams rarely mess with success. Plus it gives the injured guys an extra couple days.

No way Prust is ever the "odd man out" unless he is injured. Bournival Briere and Weise would be more likely to move out. Bourque and Eller are both playing very well so they'd have to have a huge dropoff to be out.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Put galchenyuk instead of Prust, sit Prust.

then when Weise or Bourni gets cold put Prust in their role.

I don't think Prust and Gallagher complement each other very well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad