New Jersey
Breathtaking

160209_BRODEUR_1912.jpg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Cool article, great photos.

"Those early years with the Devils were so special. It was fun. We knew people hated us. The opposing fans thought we were boring, the media thought we were the worst brand of hockey and the other teams never looked forward to taking the ice against us.

But we loved how much we were hated. Because if other teams and fanbases hate you, that means you’re doing something right." :nod:

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Really great stuff. As for the early years with Marty, he is so spot on. Of course it was all garbage and you still hear it directed towards this team despite how different the franchise is now, but I really hope this team can return to that state of prominence. NJ was the boss back then. Great times that I'll always look back on fondly.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Awesome photo. It was really amazing to see the place finally full of red (outside the club seats. Damn buffet).

Agreed. Very satisfying, I saved it on my DVR forever.

Great night overall. I replayed it earlier just to see Hugh Weber and Gary Bettman get booed, and for Lou to get Looooooooooooooooued.

Much of the article was basically stuff we'd heard before, although I don't remember him going into detail about Gary Carter prior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad