what i have noticed so far

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
this season watching almost all the avs games on centre ice.

matt hunwick is a turnover machine.

tyson barrie loves to shoot the puck which i love

jan hejda seems to have taken a step back defensively this season.

the whole altitude announcing team is terrible including the intermission team. mike haynes might be the worst announcer i have ever listened to.

cody mcleod if he is put in the right situations and right linemates could get back to his 15 goal year.

jamie mcginn isnt going to score 20 again. i think that was a fluke.

pa parenteau's performance last season wasnt a fluke.

Last edited by a moderator:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

He has been better than ROB, SOB, or Zanon until the last 5 games or so, which seems like he is turning back into the Bumwick.
Hejda has been great this season defensively compared to last season (night and day). :shakehead

the whole altitude announcing team is terrible including the intermission team. mike haynes might be the worst announcer i have ever listened to.

LOL the intermission team could be one of the best in the league, Kyle & Rycroft are beast of a duo. Announcers suck, but we have known this since 2000s.

He has hit like 8-11 posts, plus he looks like he has gained weight (fat). I am not worried because he is a decent 2nd liner plus I wouldn't rate any player in this half lockout season.

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
He has been better than ROB, SOB, or Zanon until the last 5 games or so, which seems like he is turning back into the Bumwick.

Hejda has been great this season defensively compared to last season (night and day). :shakehead

LOL the intermission team could be one of the best in the league, Kyle & Rycroft are beast of a duo. Announcers suck, but we have known this since 2000s.

He has hit like 8-11 posts, plus he looks like he has gained weight (fat). I am not worried because he is a decent 2nd liner plus I wouldn't rate any player in this half lockout season.

ive noticed hedja turning the puck over a lot. falling down. getting beat on the outside. i dont mean +/- wise. i mean just play to play. seems like he is slower also.

the intermission team is terrible man. i guess this is a matter of opinion but IMO really bad.

i think mcginn is a solid 3rd liner. and would not be a 2nd liner on most teams in the league.

i actually though SOB has been decent. but yes ROB is a bit of a pylon out there.

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC

also where do you get this stat from? the leader last season only hit it 17 times all year, after 24 games i dont think he's hit it 8-11 times.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ive noticed hedja turning the puck over a lot. falling down. getting beat on the outside. i dont mean +/- wise. i mean just play to play. seems like he is slower also.

Hejda never has been good against faster fowards. All I am saying is he has been an awesome surprise compared to last season.

the intermission team is terrible man. i guess this is a matter of opinion but IMO really bad.
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect, but I guarantee that majority of the Avs base love Kyle/Rycroft.

i actually though SOB has been decent. but yes ROB is a bit of a pylon out there.
I prefer ROB over SOB, SOB just has these stupid Pejorative Slured mistakes that are very noticeable.

also where do you get this stat from? the leader last season only hit it 17 times all year, after 24 games i dont think he's hit it 8-11 times.

Someone posted it around the 3rd week showing he had 6-7 posts and he has to be around 8-11 now. Just tough luck for him, considering he could've scored against Chicago tonight as well. I think he could be in the mid to upper 20 goalscorer, just has had some effin bad luck.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

cody mcleod if he is put in the right situations and right linemates could get back to his 15 goal year.

***EDIT***

Read the Mod Edit

Matt Hunwick is the worse dman and candidate for worse player to ever wear the A. Agreed

Jan Hejda has actually played much better then he did last season. Him paired with Barrie has worked out well especially for Barrie

I dont mind haynes personally

Cody Mcleod scoring 10 goals is good enough for me so long as he doesnt take dumb penalties.

Mcginn will score 20 again. Considering he should have atleast 10 goals by now and should have scored in the first period tonight. Hes snake bitten beyond belief. He needs a puck off the leg or face or something.

Liked PAP since he was with NYR. One of the better moves by Sherm the worm.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
"Now if you're a member of the Avalanche, Mike, and you're down by three goals, now the pressure is really on. This is a big test for a young club. They have to really play hard now, we'll see just how they respond in this situation."
"Peter, when you were in the league, how did you play when you were down a few goals?"
"Usually about as bad as when we were up a few goals!"
Both announcers laugh for ten minutes
"I see the players now, Mike, who can skate across the rink in four seconds, and man, back in my day, we were fast if we could just skate quicker than the zamboni."
"Speaking of fast, if the Avs can win this game, you can get a two-dollar meatball sandwich at Subway tomorrow."

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
"Now if you're a member of the Avalanche, Mike, and you're down by three goals, now the pressure is really on. This is a big test for a young club. They have to really play hard now, we'll see just how they respond in this situation."
"Peter, when you were in the league, how did you play when you were down a few goals?"
"I see the players now, Mike, who can skate across the rink in four seconds, and man, back in my day, we were fast if we could just skate quicker than the zamboni."
"Speaking of fast, if the Avs can win this game, you can get a two-dollar meatball sandwich at Subway tomorrow."

Oh god, make it stop

R S

Sep 18, 2006

- Well duh

- Definitely something we need more of

- Not sure I would agree. He's mostly been stuck with young guys who have no idea how to play D at the NHL level

- Agree fully. Haynes is arguably the worst in the league

- I could see it

- 100% disagree

- 100% agree. Fun player to watch

***EDIT***

Read the Mod Edit

Comments in bold

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada

This made me lol in the middle of class...embarassssing :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You think McLeod can get back to 15 goal, but McGinn will never hit 20 again? McGinn is Mcleod with more talent and a better shot.

Also, given EJ's amount of missed games, Hejda has easily been this team's best and most consistent defender all season. He hasn't regressed at all IMO. In fact I think it's impressive that pretty much everyone else has regressed except him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
SOB's cut down on his Orr'Brien moments drastically this season. When he does pinch/rush the puck you still hold your breath, but he's picking his spots well and being safe about it. He's really sold me on keeping him as a big toughie for the 3rd pairing that's good for the lockerroom and can actually handle the puck without confusing it for a grenade the way ROB and Zanon do.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I like SOB this season, and he can move the puck compared to our pylons in ROB and Zanon. I do think he still tries to jump into the play way too much, but usually it doesn't make a huge difference anyway.

McGinn will hit 20. I don't think he should be a 2nd liner though.
Hejda has been solid since being paired with Barrie.
Hunwick is a god.
Loved Barrie since his first NHL game.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Hunwick - Yea, he has been a turnover machine. He's a #7 Dmen on most teams, but Sacco loves him for whatever reason.

Barrie - Easily the biggest positive on the team this year IMO. He has looked extremely good the least 10-12 games for us. Better then Shattenkirk was for us IMO.

Hejda - Strongly disagree, I think he has been our 2nd best Dman all year behind Barrie. Those 2 have formed a very good pairing together. Hejda has been a rock defensively and bailed out Barrie a few times. Much better then last year.

Altitude - To each his own, but I actually don't mind altitude, and Rycroft is awesome.

McCleod - Disagree, McCleods 15 goals season was a fluke, the guy has played decent this year, but you can tell on the ice he doesn't have the puck skills to control the puck and make a consistent good play. He has played his role well this year, and that's 3rd liner with some grit. I don't see even 10 goals from him.

McGinn - This was the only reason I replied. I mean this makes me think you actually haven't watched the games at all, and merely look at score sheets. The guy has hit something like 10-12 posts this year. Last night alone he had a post and 2 more good chances that were real tough save for Emery. He could just as easily have 10 goals right now. He has been a beast for us this year, a lot more poise with the puck and some real nice heads up plays(anyone remember the beauty pass to Duchene against CGY that Duchene hit the post with? Was a dirty pass).

Paranteau - Not sure I agree or disagree actually. PAP seems to be getting a little lucky with his goal scoring this year, he didn't score at this pace last year, will find out over time if his scoring has been a fluke or not, but I am not a believer yet. Partly because if he truly has this goal scoring touch, over an 82 game season he could very well be a 30 goal, 40-45 assist guy which I didn't think he could be that good.

During the game against Edmonton when we won 3-1 they showed a stat in the 1st period that McGinn was after hitting 8 posts, double the next highest(Was Kessel, and 2 others at 4 posts). That was only the 8th game of the season for the Avs to(was also funny cause later that period Ginner scored his first of the season). So yea he had like 8 after less then 10 games. And I can remember at least 2 since then.

He has definitely slowed down with the posts, but he is for sure above 10, probably somewhere around 12-13 right now. He has also been robbed of real good chances a nice few times since then as well.

I actually think McGinn has looked even better with us this year then he did last year, he has looked like a potential 30 goal scorer for us this year, once those post shots start going in more he'll start racking up the goals.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Matt Hunwick just sucks, I've never been a fan of him and though it pains me to say this because he's been just dreadful this season I'd keep Ryan O'Pylon over the turn-over machine, he's just that bad

McLeod is perfect in his role

McGinn is going to be a solid player for years to come if this season is any indication, nobody in history can be as snake-bitten as he is for so long, he'll eventually snap out of it. Think about it, take half the posts that he's hit and turn those into goals and he probably leads this team in goals and we probably have a few more W's, just needs a break because he's doing everything else right

Lol altitude announcers kill me with how far off topic they can get during a game and laugh hysterically at something, above poster put it best hahahahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad