What I have learned so far ..

Abraham de Lacy

This has been a wild ride, and Christmas is upon us. I'd like to hand out gifts. This comes from a European and so apply the proper time-zone o_O

Eichel; for being the single most gifted player I have seen in the NHL.

Skinner; for being the most dangerous and productive of all wingers.

Bogosian; for being the prober stone of a solid defenceman.

Hutton; for stonewalling the net.

Sabres; for gelling into a proper team.

Housley; for being the General that epitomizes the necessity of not winning the battle, but the War.

And to all fans; make some more noise please.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I learned that there’s a whole other part of the season called “the playoffs.”

Apparently, they keep playing after the 82-game season is done and the famous President’s trophy is handed out (fulfilling the childhood dreams of every player on the team, for sure).

NOW I’m hearing that some teams get together and just KEEP PLAYING after the season is over?! Could this be true? Insane!

It must be a secret club...and buffalo must be doing something right because there are whispers that they might be invited this year. But you didn’t hear that from me.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I have learned that McCabe is not the inconsistent, low IQ player I thought he’d be, based on the past few years. I had pretty much writtten him off.

He’s looking more like the guy I thought he’d be based on the Wisconsin years.
He had a bad season last year, but as I recall, he was pretty good the year before.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Bogo needed the change to the complete lack of physicality that has occurred in the league to gain success. Its incredibly lucky for him and for us that what's happened happened. That contract going to dead space is a killer.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bogo needed the change to the complete lack of physicality that has occurred in the league to gain success. Its incredibly lucky for him and for us that what's happened happened. That contract going to dead space is a killer.

Yes...thank God the league went less physical so Bogo wouldn't pull a groin...

That has nothing to do with it... he's healthy because hes healthy...either pure luck this year or pure bad luck previous years.

Reactions: Eichel9

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011

That has nothing to do with it... he's healthy because hes healthy...either pure luck this year or pure bad luck previous years.

If that does something for you go with it. Personally i think decreasing the amount of stress on a body that has more than proven incapable of handing the levels it was at can only be beneficial. Just seems like common sense.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland

It's not some miracle... he's needed surgery for years and finally bit the bullet and got it.

Reactions: Beerz

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

The league isn't miraculously experiencing a down turn in injuries due to play style. Thanks for the medical assessment though.

PS: I skate with a guy who grew up playing hockey with Bogosian. League play style has nothing to do with his injuries.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->