What has to happen this year for it to be a successful season?

What needs to happen for it to be a successful season in your mind?

• Total voters

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Now that the caps have a cup, what in your mind would be a good accomplishment this season. Obviously the cup is the main goal but what would make you say it was a good year

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Caps need to continue to be the quality team they have been since Trotz arrived. Making the 3rd round would be a solid backup to the cup

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'm good with making the playoffs which is harder and harder for teams every year.
Just making the playoffs. That is very low expectations. Im expecting them to take the division again and be a cup contender.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Its tough to vote because how far they go has so much to do with who they play in the playoffs. Everyone goes on because of the Caps failures to get by the 2nd round. It all depends on matchups. You may remember the 98 playoff run. The Caps had good matchups until they got to the finals.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There are two questions really.

1. What would a successful season be?
2. Do you care if they achieve that?

I think ecf is the answer to 1. I think I won't be disappointed if they don't for 2.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Now that the caps have a cup, what in your mind would be a good accomplishment this season. Obviously the cup is the main goal but what would make you say it was a good year

Just do better than Toronto. I know that sounds weird, but their fans are driving me insane. I honestly just want to see them do poorly, and a good way for that to happen is for us to have a better season.

Even more so than the Pens. For whatever reason, winning the Cup has totally curbed my disdain for them. In fact, I think it’s kind of made me appreciate them more for what they’ve accomplished.

Serisouly — go and look at main board threads. Caps and Pens fans are so much more “together” than they’ve ever been. And I mean ever.

I’m sure it’s will all change for me in a few weeks—it will only take one cheesy loss to them — and I’m sure I will hate them again.

But right now? It’s the Freaking Leafs. Their fans, Tavares, Babcock, Kadri, etc etc. I hate them (and it’s totally due to their fans on here....UGH)

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
82-0 in regular season. 16-0 in playoffs.

Holtby Vezina.
Ovi Hart, Rocket, etc.

Caps then party so hard in the off-season next year everyone else quits playing hockey/the NHL decides to close up shop because the greatness the 2018-2019 Capitals team had can never be done better.

John Carlson then becomes President of the United States in 2020.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Dude, after 25 years of tears, heartbreak and disappointment I don't care if the Caps win another game. They won the Cup in my lifetime, anything else is just gravy.

Everyone gets to be a fan in their own way.
Well I have been waiting for this since 74 and I dont want to stop at one. If the Caps get eliminated in the playoffs next season I will still be heart broken.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well I have been waiting for this since 74 and I dont want to stop at one. If the Caps get eliminated in the playoffs next season I will still be heart broken.

Well prepare for heartbreak because the chances of repeating are slim. Would love it of course but I am a realist.

Me, I will just watch my game videos from this past season after the Caps are eliminated.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well prepare for heartbreak because the chances of repeating are slim. Would love it of course but I am a realist.

Me, I will just watch my game videos from this past season after the Caps are eliminated.
I prepare for heartbreak every season. I know how difficult it is to win the Cup. Especially in the modern era. Its not the end of the world but I'll still be disappointed. Nothing wrong with being a passionate fan.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That's not healthy

I get what he’s saying. Sure, we won one. That’s awesome. It’s freaking unbelievable.

But, this is their time to win some of these things. This window for them has been amazing...and we all probably don’t even realize it. If we are going to be allowed to experience this “we are champs!!!!” feelings again, it will need to be soon, IMO. I don’t see their window going on for more than a few more years.

So, this is the time. Now. Sure, we won, so the sting of loss won’t ever really be as painful...but we should ALL appreciate and recognize that if we don’t win it again in the next season or 3....it may be another 40yrs.

Which means I won’t live to see it again. Not trying to be dramatic here, just putting the whole thing into a very Macro perspective.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad