Speculation: What has been Yzerman's worst contract signed?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Holy crap guys I simply included the condra contract as being bad. I NEVER said it was bad as The Callahan contract. Let me retract "the condra contract is fine and dandy". There all better.

The topic is "worst contract signed", not "contracts that didn't pan out as hoped". So the confusion is entirely your fault.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
When evaluating decisions you should only base your evaluation on the situation at the time the decision was made. For you poker players out there, if you correctly read your opponents' hands and made the proper play based on that, then your decision was the right one regardless of whether or not you suffered a bad beat.

The same logic can be applied here. As badly as Carle turned out in the end he was a solid pick up at the time and we had no reason to believe that he would fall off a cliff the way he did. With Callahan however we knew even at the time that his deal was too expensive and too long and given his playing style and age we had good reason to expect that injuries would become a major issue for him. Granted his signing helped legitimize the rebirth of the team and attract guys like Stralman and Boyle, so one could argue that even as a bad contract it provided value in other areas, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a bad contract from the start. So Callahan gets my vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad