What has Andrei Kostitsyn done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Curious where you guys see him.

He's turning 22 in a couple weeks, and he's got 16 NHL games, 3 points to his portfolio. In the AHL, he's not a point-per-game player, he has 32 points in 38 games this year, 102 points in 168 games in his career.

Hype died down.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Kostitsyn is taking a long time to develop, but i suggest to any fan that has him in their keeper league to keep him at least for 2 more years..
He should have a better chance next year...
and his skillset is CRAZY...
Again while his stats are very average(this year) i've read everywhere from coaches, to scouts to fans that he's easily the best forward on the bulldog team and one of the most dangerous player in the AHL.
The reasons he's not in the NHL =
1- lack of defensive knowledge
2- no room on the habs lineup
3- not yet good enough in english
4- they want him to develop chemistry AND help grabovski in the ahl

don't worry habs fans have big expectations from him in the coming years...
but again we have gainey and carbonneau running the team, so lack of defensive game might kill his career here...

leafaholix*

Kostitsyn is taking a long time to develop, but i suggest to any fan that has him in their keeper league to keep him at least for 2 more years..
He should have a better chance next year...
and his skillset is CRAZY...
Again while his stats are very average(this year) i've read everywhere from coaches, to scouts to fans that he's easily the best forward on the bulldog team and one of the most dangerous player in the AHL.
The reasons he's not in the NHL =
1- lack of defensive knowledge
2- no room on the habs lineup
3- not yet good enough in english
4- they want him to develop chemistry AND help grabovski in the ahl

don't worry habs fans have big expectations from him in the coming years...
but again we have gainey and carbonneau running the team, so lack of defensive game might kill his career here...

That is not a reason for him not being there. Hell, he's playing for a Francophone organization, so english really shouldn't be the main concern. He's been in North America for 3 years now, if he doesn't know how to speak BASIC english, I'm guessing he doesn't have the desire to stay here.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
That is not a reason for him not being there. Hell, he's playing for a Francophone organization, so english really shouldn't be the main concern. He's been in North America for 3 years now, if he doesn't know how to speak BASIC english, I'm guessing he doesn't have the desire to stay here.

you do know that english is important if you want the coaches to give assignements to their players...
and this frencophone crap is way out of nowhere... everybody from the front office to the training staff speak in english.
The language issue, is not the main reason but could explain the reason why he's at hamilton.
you dont want to expose a young player into montreal circus if doesnt get the basic instructions from the coaches..
but basicaly i agree with you, this issue is not that important.
But they prefer to let him develop in hamilton for now than the NHL.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

He's turning 22 in a couple weeks, and he's got 16 NHL games, 3 points to his portfolio. In the AHL, he's not a point-per-game player, he has 32 points in 38 games this year, 102 points in 168 games in his career.

Hype died down.

well, the skill is there. The guy has a crazy amount of skill. I believe all he needs is a fair chance to prove himself in the NHL. Give this guy 2 years in the NHL before calling him a bust.

With that being said, yes it is taking him awhile to develope, but many Habs fans think it'll be worth it once he makes it here.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
let's make a breakdown of kostitsyn.

NHL Speed : check
NHL Balance: check
NHL Footstep: checl
NHL Acceleartion: check
NHL Vision: check
NHL Strenght: check
NHL Shots power: triple check
NHL Shots accuraty: triple check
NHL Moves & dekes: check
NHL Passes: check
NHL ''Hockey sense'': check

NHL defensive knowledge: not ready
NHL work ethic : could improve
NHL language: need work

here you go;)

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Like who?

Aleksander Suglobov?
Marcel Hossa?
Alexander Perezhogin?

His skillset is very strong, he will produce more playing with better players because he can easily adapt to their level.

Your list of players are the opposite. I also love how you mentioned 2 Hab/former Hab prospects. You know, because your blatent hate for anything Hab related is not obvious enough to anyone who's ever read a post of yours.

leafaholix*

let's make a breakdown of kostitsyn.

NHL Speed : check
NHL Balance: check
NHL Footstep: checl
NHL Acceleartion: check
NHL Vision: check
NHL Strenght: check
NHL Shots power: triple check
NHL Shots accuraty: triple check
NHL Moves & dekes: check
NHL Passes: check
NHL ''Hockey sense'': check

NHL defensive knowledge: not ready
NHL work ethic : could improve
NHL language: need work

here you go;)

lol.

leafaholix*

His skillset is very strong, he will produce more playing with better players because he can easily adapt to their level.

Your list of players are the opposite. I also love how you mentioned 2 Hab/former Hab prospects. You know, because your blatent hate for anything Hab related is not obvious enough to anyone who's ever read a post of yours.

Because I want to know which players currently playing in the top 6 of any team is playing better in the NHL than they did in the AHL, unless of course they were extremely young in the AHL and have developed a whole lot.

leafaholix*

Svatos come to mind

Oh, Marek Svatos. The same 24 year old Marek Svatos who's on pace for 48 points this season? Or the Marek Svatos we saw score at a good rate for 60 games on a team with Joe Sakic, Milan Hejduk, Alex Tanguay, Rob Blake, and JM Liles?

leafaholix*

what about the GREAT PONIKAROVSKY!:bow:

The only reason Ponikarvosky is in the NHL is because he works his *** off harder than anyone on the Toronto Maple Leafs, and he'll throw his body in front of a Mac truck for the team.

Hard work and sacrifice.

Ponikarvosky's skillset is about average, except for his shot.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The only reason Ponikarvosky is in the NHL is because he works his *** off harder than anyone on the Toronto Maple Leafs, and he'll throw his body in front of a Mac truck for the team.

Hard work and sacrifice.

Ponikarvosky's skillset is about average, except for his shot.

you just explained kostitsyn !
all the skill in the word but lack sacrifice!
you are a genius !

Transported Upstater

Just to be clear to everyone who has, is or will be posting in this thread:

If this becomes a Habs/Leafs whine/***** fest, I will close this faster than you can say Andrei Kostitsyn's name. :)

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Hype died down.

You're a big-time Leafs fan (you used to be "LEAFAHOLIX")...

Why are you always so concerned about the Habs?

You were bashing Latendresse before...
You were bashing Carey Price before...

Now, you're trying (in your sneaky little way by respecting HF rules) to annoy (again) Hab fans...

Why can't you stick to your Leaf prospects?

You disappeared for awhile, but now that your Leafs won a couple of games you're back at it again...

If I hate Leaf fans, it's not all of 'em (I have friends from Toronto who are living in Montreal 'cause they love Montreal), but it's definitely a Leaf fan like YOU who is always trying to start something by picking on Hab players, rookies, prospects...

You definitely have lots of bitterness, jealousy towards the HABS...

BTW...How old are you? (or...how YOUNG are you?).

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
You're a big-time Leafs fan (you used to be "LEAFAHOLIX")...

Why are you always so concerned about the Habs?

You were bashing Latendresse before...
You were bashing Carey Price before...

Now, you're trying (in your sneaky little way by respecting HF rules) to annoy (again) Hab fans...

Why can't you stick to your Leaf prospects?

You disappeared for awhile, but now that your Leafs won a couple of games you're back at it again...

If I hate Leaf fans, it's not all of 'em (I have friends from Toronto who are living in Montreal 'cause they love Montreal), but it's definitely a Leaf fan like YOU who is always trying to start something by picking on Hab players, rookies, prospects...

You definitely have lots of bitterness, jealousy towards the HABS...

BTW...How old are you? (or...how YOUNG are you?).

at least nobody talked him about the great development of Emelin in Russia, the stats of David Fischer or the NEXT one Cory Urquhart!:sarcasm: :D

leafaholix*

you just explained kostitsyn !
all the skill in the word but lack sacrifice!
you are a genius !

This is very true, but a player can have a 15 year career off hard work even though they lack skill, but you rarily find anyone have a good 5 year career with all the talent in the world, but no sacrifice or very bad work ethic.

See Pavel Brendl. Perfect example.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Just to be clear to everyone who has, is or will be posting in this thread:

If this becomes a Habs/Leafs whine/***** fest, I will close this faster than you can say Andrei Kostitsyn's name. :)

If this thread is closed...thank-you:) (in advance!) because that's all that happens when "your_rogers_bill" (huge LEAFS' fan) starts threads against the HABS...it starts a "gentle" war that escalates into a waste of time (it just angers HAB fans & it's exactly what the thread starter wants...).

He/she is always just trying to provoke HAB fans...

Let him/her start a thread about LEAF prospects...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad