What happens with the AHL?

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
With hockey coming back, training camp et all normally a lot of the AHL guys get the call so they can get a look.

I suppose the habs can still call them all up but that will essentially leave the dogs with no players for the week.

Do they just call-up a select few that they think can make the team (Leblanc, Galchenyuk) or do the whole bunch get the nod?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Probably just players who have a chance at the team.

Probably just St-Denis, Blunden, and Leblanc.

Palushaj and Geoffrion would but both are injured.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
There won't be a regular camp so the team is pretty much set, just expect call ups when injuries happen. And to be honest maybe besides Leblanc but the rest are better off staying there all year

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Leblanc does not deserve a call-up.

Dumont should be at camp especially since Nokelainen is reportedly out with injury (Stubbs tweeted it).

If Dumont is in the NHL, the Dogs will be even more ugly to watch with that center line.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What happens is we don't have to watch that garbage team play anymore. Now we have a garbage NHL team to worry about!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Leblanc does not deserve a call-up.

Dumont should be at camp.
Dumont has looked really good the last few weeks. If you're right about maybe not having to clear waivers, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't call anyone up for the camp and just run with the guys we have.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Dumont has looked really good the last few weeks. If you're right about maybe not having to clear waivers, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't call anyone up for the camp and just run with the guys we have.

Dumont is exempt from waivers either way since this is only his 3rd year (assuming waiver rules stay the same). We can call him up as many times as we want.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Dumont is the only player I bring up. Tinordi and Beaulieu are playing awesome hockey right now, but there's no need to have them playing against even more tougher opposition right away, we have 8 D's with NHL contracts, let them dominate a tad longer.

Analyzer*

Probably just players who have a chance at the team.

Probably just St-Denis, Blunden, and Leblanc.

Palushaj and Geoffrion would but both are injured.

Way too many d signed for St-Denis to have a chance.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
I see Dumont and Blunden and Gallagher and Leblanc at training camp at forward positions. I think Gallagher and Leblanc would benefit from a complete year in the AHL. A forward that I didn't name but I like a lot is Bournival this guy's forecheck is crazy he doesn't produce a lot this year but I think in a couple of years he will be in the Canadiens line up.

St-Denis is the only defenceman I see cracking Habs line up. Beaulieu and Tinordi have to learn their trade in the AHL but I would invite them at the camp so they can measure up with the competition.

I think it is a good thing for the DOGS that the lock out is over. The line up was a little to green for this lock out improve AHL especially at defence position. I think they will be more able to compete with other teams now.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Noke is still hurt, supposedly. Would be fun to see Dumont get a few games in. Then again, Gomez. Would be equally hilarious to see Gomez steal potential games from a p'tit gars de chez nous.

NHL, I missed you.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
With hockey coming back, training camp et all normally a lot of the AHL guys get the call so they can get a look.

I suppose the habs can still call them all up but that will essentially leave the dogs with no players for the week.

Do they just call-up a select few that they think can make the team (Leblanc, Galchenyuk) or do the whole bunch get the nod?

The AHL folds as per the CBA.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
surprise no mention of Ellis

He should also be invited at camps but he will likely be in the first cut if he goes to camp. Habs defence are already in game shape aside from Gorges and Subban. I think there is to many experience defencemen in front of him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If camp opens on the 9th, Hamilton plays only 1 game between the 9th and 14th, so perhaps they bring up a few players but I don't think it would be many since i'm sure they will want to have enough players to dress for the game on the 11th vs Rochester. So not sure if any of the rookies would get the call, or perhaps just one or two.

During a Dogs game on sportsnet the announcers said that they were told that Blunden would have been one of the first callups had the lockout not happened. So perhaps he's someone they will look at along with Dumont and St-Denis.

68*

I just hope Leblanc stays in the AHL and someone force-feeds him some food every two hours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad