Player Discussion: Noah Dobson

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Still can't believe this guy fell to us at #12.
His hockey IQ seems to be very advanced at this point. Sky's the limit.

Reactions: Crs

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Still can't believe this guy fell to us at #12.
His hockey IQ seems to be very advanced at this point. Sky's the limit.
I still say Isles made a mistake not taking him at #11. ;)

He is just going to continue to gain confidence. When playoff time comes around, he is just going to be better and better.

Reactions: Sparksrus3 and Crs

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I still say Isles made a mistake not taking him at #11. ;)

He is just going to continue to gain confidence. When playoff time comes around, he is just going to be better and better.
i was being conservative about him, i think. he certainly has shown that he can handle pressure and increase performance when the chips are down, so i do believe that he will be very good for a very long time. but he is bringing it now, in his rookie year. good for you kid!!

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Dobson is already our best skating RHD and he looks very natural on the PP. He's already looking like a strong transition player, he's going to get even better. No other RD can create the type of separation that Dobson can, it's Leddy-esque. Makes a very nice first pass too, there is very little hesitation in his game now. He still needs another 15 pounds to fully unlock his potential though.

By this time next year, he could be our top offensive d-man. He'll need to grow into a 25+ minute all around beast, very confident it happens in a couple of years.
game has slowed down for him,got past the newbie jitters,gotta hit the gym

NickyP76

Apr 23, 2012
Long Island
A Veteran D man with size , would be a welcome addition. With Pelech done for the season, we are 1 injury away from having Aho play important minutes down the stretch and potentially even in the playoffs. Would like to see Dobson be a little more physical as well, but obviously understand he’s done great learning on the fly as a rookie.

Reactions: MJF

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Traditionally, when the season ends for a junior player in their final year of minor league ineligibility they become eligible for the AHL.

How will it be for Dobson this year? If the junior team that owns his rights is eliminated, can he be sent to Bridgeport?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looks like next man up with Noah with the news Boychuck had 90 stitches last night with no eye damage thankfully. The kid has the pedigree to make a difference. Looking at this as a positive. One Dobson gets some experience in a playoff race and 2 Boychuck will be back at some point.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
What role do Islanders fans expect Dobson to fill when games resume? (curious Canuck fan here)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What role do Islanders fans expect Dobson to fill when games resume? (curious Canuck fan here)
With Adam Pelech cleared to play, Andy Greene here and Thomas Hickey will surely be added to the expanded roster, I can’t see Noah Dobson getting on the ice in the tournament.

Leddy-Boychuk
Pelech-Pulock
Mayfield-Toews

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
With Adam Pelech cleared to play, Andy Greene here and Thomas Hickey will surely be added to the expanded roster, I can’t see Noah Dobson getting on the ice in the tournament.

Leddy-Boychuk
Pelech-Pulock
Mayfield-Toews

Thanks very much for that (and thanks as well to the others who replied).

Reactions: MJF

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Think our prized prospect logs big ice time in the AHL next year until someone gets hurt or he is too good for the competition. Tough d lineup to crack at age 20

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'd trade him for offense if the right deal came along.

what’s offense? Can you give an example of a player? Everyone has a price. I just feel Dobson’s upside and position is a gigantic need on this team. #1 and top pairing defenseman don’t get traded and hardly are available in free agency.( not saying Dobson is that now but he has the potential to be)

Boychucks career is coming to an end imo. Wilde is a wild card. I love his potential and I’ve been high on him but he’s not as we rounded or close to Dobson defensively.

Pulock is rock steady but I view him as a #3-4 2way defenseman. Mayfield is a rock defensively that’s more of a #4/5 defenseman.

Dobson is our greatest chance of having a Top pairing franchise defenseman.

Now, Trotz has shown a team can play defense and be good at it without an elite defender. Everyone has a price but I would have to see the return for Dobson. I don’t know that a deal like that exist. Nashville was dealing from a position of strength when they traded Jones and I bet they regret it today. Top pairing Right shot defensively don’t grow on trees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->