What happens when our team becomes fully healthy?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
So the thread title says it all, what happens when our team is completely healthy? Do Andersson and Tatar get sent down? Do players get shipped out or waived? Does Emmerton become a healthy scratch?(This assuming we DO become completely healthy at any point.)

Tonic

Jan 25, 2013
I'm guessing, in this order:

Waive Huskins
Send down Andersson
Trade White
Trade/waive/send down Emmerton/Miller

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Apparently Andersson was told to look for an apartment, so I guess he's not getting sent back down.

No word on whether Tatar was told the same but I can't imagine Andersson would get a spot before him.

I doubt Bert plays again this year, we may not see him on the ice ever again if his back is bad enough so thats one spot...not sure where the other comes from though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So the thread title says it all, what happens when our team is completely healthy? Do Andersson and Tatar get sent down? Do players get shipped out or waived? Does Emmerton become a healthy scratch?(This assuming we DO become completely healthy at any point.)

Don't think Bert is coming back, not only this season but really ever, think he will go on the LTIR through next season.

An interesting development was during the first intermission Andersson talked about moving into an apartment. You generally don't do that as an AHL guy until the team tells you to, doesn't sound like he is going anywhere.

I think White is going to be moved, although his tone in his recent Mlive comments really dialed back so message probably received there in case he does stick around. Huskins will get waived and likely clear, good for GR really.

As much as people like to say it Sammy and Cleary aren't going anywhere.

Miller, Eaves and Abdelkader are the most likely candidates with the chances of moving Abdelkader being extremely small in my opinion.

They get to winning a bunch here the next couple weeks they might become buyers which kind of scares me to be honest. As Nyquist or Tatar could be casualties in that buy.

All of this is a little hard to predict because I don't think they are going to get all the way healthy at any point. With this shortened schedule it is tough to see it happening, but if it does the read I am getting right now is Tatar might actually go down before Andersson. I guess we will see, I disagree with that in a big way but that is a problem for when it actually happens.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
By the way I don't think Emmerton comes out of the lineup before a bunch of guys including Eaves, Miller, Tootoo, Abdelkader, Andersson, and Tatar. He kills penalties, has improved a bunch on draws and has been one of the better players. He does exactly what they ask of him and does it well. Really has been a good story this year.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Apparently Andersson was told to look for an apartment, so I guess he's not getting sent back down.

No word on whether Tatar was told the same but I can't imagine Andersson would get a spot before him.

I doubt Bert plays again this year, we may not see him on the ice ever again if his back is bad enough so thats one spot...not sure where the other comes from though.

I HOPE TO GOD THEY AREN'T STUPID ENOUGH TO SEND TATAR DOWN AND LET ANDERSSON STaY!!!! :amazed::amazed::shakehead:shakehead

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

I HOPE TO GOD THEY AREN'T STUPID ENOUGH TO SEND TATAR DOWN AND LET ANDERSSON STaY!!!! :amazed::amazed::shakehead:shakehead

I actually think there is a much better chance Andersson stays before Tatar. Babcock and probably Holland want a big body up front. Tatar is quick and explosive, but he is small. Andersson has also shown a good all around game.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I actually think there is a much better chance Andersson stays before Tatar. Babcock and probably Holland want a big body up front. Tatar is quick and explosive, but he is small. Andersson has also shown a good all around game.

I get sick of coaches focusing on size ALONE. If they did that Datsyuk wouldn't have gotten a serious look. I'm not comparing Tatar to Datsyuk (that would be obsurred) but he has more offensive value to this team than Andersson and has great hockey sense always seems to find himself in the right place at the right time around the net.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
Does Colaiacovo even factor into this team moving forward at all? Because quite frankly, I cannot possibly fathom a scenario where we're better off with him in the lineup over any of our current defenseman (aside from maybe Lashoff, but given recent circumstances, that ain't happening).

...and I sincerely hope we're not stupid enough to give up on Kindl for this guy, once he finally is healthy (if even, that is). I'll be beyond disillusioned with Holland/Babcock if that actually happens.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Statistically, they have been almost equally good with Tatar. Tatar is more flashy, but Andersson does nice dirty work that is as effective. Both are looking great guys.

Only difference is that Andersson is not waiver-free at next season. He has convinced the management and is 100% planned to be in NHL at nest season, so and get our apartment. :) also this Bertuzzi situation can affect. Maybe they know that Todd is done for season, so they want to keep this big body around.

Tatar is still waiver-free (also at next summer), and I wouldn't be surpriced if he starts next season in AHL. :help:

Roster full healthy:

Franzen - Zeta - Brunner
Filppula - Datsyuk - Samuelsson
Cleary - Helm - Abdelkader
Miller - Andersson - Tootoo
(Emmerton)
(Eaves)

Bertuzzi IR, if not, then Andersson down
Nyquist, in AHL
Tatar, in AHL

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Colaiacovo
Kindl - Smith
(White)

Huskins - waived
Lashoff - in AHL

Last edited:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
fully healthy? won't happen. not with with team and not in such a short, crowded season.

and i would say that andersson being told to look for an appartment means that they don't expect helm back any time soon, a center.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Statistically, they have been almost equally good with Tatar. Tatar is more flashy, but Andersson does nice dirty work that is as effective. Both are looking great guys.

Only difference is that Andersson is not waiver-free at next season. He has convinced the management and is 100% planned to be in NHL at nest season, so and get our apartment. :) also this Bertuzzi situation can affect. Maybe they know that Todd is done for season, so they want to keep this big body around.

Tatar is still waiver-free (also at next summer), and I wouldn't be surpriced if he starts next season in AHL. :help:

Roster full healthy:

Franzen - Zeta - Brunner
(Emmerton)
(Eaves)

Nyquist, in AHL
Tatar, in AHL

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Colaiacovo
Kindl - Smith
(White)

Huskins - waived
Lashoff - in AHL

It would be really unfortunate having Abby, Miller and Cleary playing while Emmerton(Who has exceeded my expectations), Nyquist and Tatar not playing.

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland

Roster full healthy:

Franzen - Zeta - Brunner
(Emmerton)
(Eaves)

Nyquist, in AHL
Tatar, in AHL

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Colaiacovo
Kindl - Smith
(White)

Huskins - waived
Lashoff - in AHL

I think this more or less is probably what we're looking at especially if they can string together some wins here. Though this weekend will be tough with a home and home with Columbus (seeing as how they have Detroit's number so far - especially Howard's).

Though I still think the Defense doesn't change. Ian White gets traded, Cola being the 7th D-man giving the others rest from time to time and Lashoff pairing with Quincey (subbing with Cola to give him time). White will get more in return right now than Cola will (which will probably mean a pick).

RedWingsNow*

My guess is
1) Tatar and Andersson sent down
2) Kindl or White traded
3) Huskins waived

RedWingsNow*

To me, keeping Andersson over Tatar would be a little like, back in 2001, when people thought we should keep Jason Williams over Pavel Datsyuk.

Anderson's OK. But his ceiling is as a useful big body who can play up and down the lineup
Tatar is a difference maker.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Bert LTIR should give Tatar a permanent spot. I see Huskins being waived OR White being traded on D if it comes to that. Kenny loves his 8 D's. If they need an additional roster spot for a while Lashoff gets sent down. Injuries will probably take care of the rest.

Babcock lineup if healthy:
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson
Tatar/Andersson-Helm-Cleary
Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo
Miller, Eaves

The guys hanging loose are probably Huskins, White, Miller, Eaves.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If Kindl gets traded and/or Tatar/Anderson get sent down, gonna be really sad.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Bert LTIR should give Tatar a permanent spot. I see Huskins being waived OR White being traded on D if it comes to that. Kenny loves his 8 D's. If they need an additional roster spot for a while Lashoff gets sent down. Injuries will probably take care of the rest.

Babcock lineup if healthy:
Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson
Tatar/Andersson-Helm-Cleary
Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo
Miller, Eaves

The guys hanging loose are probably Huskins, White, Miller, Eaves.

This season is really strange to watch the playing time of many players.
Lots of fans here are complaining about playing time etc but I think management is just TESTING those players to determine what Holland will do at the deadline.

1) Determine if Cleary has really regressed, or did he just start off slow??
2) Determine if our good 4th line checker Abdelkader has any offensive upside??
3) Determine if Tatar is NHL ready? (Try to isolate him to 3rd and 4th lines, so he can have success there to move up later)
4) Determine if Kindl will be traded at the deadline.
5) Determine which of our 7 D-men we like the most? - It seems as though this changes night to night but main stays have to be Kronwall (offence), Ericsson (Defense), Thats it so far.
6) Determine if Eaves is still the player he was 2 years ago? (Can he do 3rd line minutes)
7) Determine if Emmerton / Mursak need to be waived and/or traded this year (Mursak decision already done)
8) Determine if Joakim Anderson is an NHL talent.

Once this analysis is done.

Holland is going to have to make some trades at the deadline OR after this season.

Here are ALL of our possible line combinations:

Samuelsson-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Filppula-Abdelkader
Tatar-Anderson-Eaves
Tootoo-Emmerton-Miller
Nyquist-Helm-

I mean that is ALOT of forwards. We need what 13? We currently have 17 for next season.
So 4 of these names is going to have to go. (Maybe Nyquist just stays as the number 1 call up likely to play half the season due to obviously some injury will happen) so lets say 16.

3 HAVE to go.

Bertuzzi retires?
Helm comes back this year I HOPE!
I'll be honest EVEN though i like them. The names most likely to go are:
Eaves / Miller and.... I don't know.

I can't choose.

crashman

If Bert is done, and the Wings are in a decent position to make the playoffs at the deadline, I think we really need to make an addition to the top 6.

I like what Bertuzzi brings to this team and it's a shame if his back problems prevent him from playing, but if that's the case, he needs to be replaced by a scoring winger. As much as I'd like to think Tatar, Sammy, or Nyquist could be that guy, I think the Wings need to look for someone a bit...better.

Who would have thought White would be a healthy scratch at this point of the season? As pathetic as this sounds, I thought he'd be a staple on our top paring alongside Kronwall!

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
This season is really strange to watch the playing time of many players.
Lots of fans here are complaining about playing time etc but I think management is just TESTING those players to determine what Holland will do at the deadline.

1) Determine if Cleary has really regressed, or did he just start off slow??
2) Determine if our good 4th line checker Abdelkader has any offensive upside??
3) Determine if Tatar is NHL ready? (Try to isolate him to 3rd and 4th lines, so he can have success there to move up later)
4) Determine if Kindl will be traded at the deadline.
5) Determine which of our 7 D-men we like the most? - It seems as though this changes night to night but main stays have to be Kronwall (offence), Ericsson (Defense), Thats it so far.
6) Determine if Eaves is still the player he was 2 years ago? (Can he do 3rd line minutes)
7) Determine if Emmerton / Mursak need to be waived and/or traded this year (Mursak decision already done)
8) Determine if Joakim Anderson is an NHL talent.

Once this analysis is done.

Holland is going to have to make some trades at the deadline OR after this season.

Here are ALL of our possible line combinations:

Samuelsson-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Filppula-Abdelkader
Tatar-Anderson-Eaves
Tootoo-Emmerton-Miller
Nyquist-Helm-

I mean that is ALOT of forwards. We need what 13? We currently have 17 for next season.
So 4 of these names is going to have to go. (Maybe Nyquist just stays as the number 1 call up likely to play half the season due to obviously some injury will happen) so lets say 16.

3 HAVE to go.

Bertuzzi retires?
Helm comes back this year I HOPE!
I'll be honest EVEN though i like them. The names most likely to go are:
Eaves / Miller and.... I don't know.

I can't choose.

Cleary is finished in Detroit after this season. He offers literally nothing to this team that somebody younger and better couldn't do right now. The guys in bold all have question marks surrounding there return; whether it's health, FA or some other issue they may not return.

So lets assume that Miller & Cleary aren't resigned. That opens up a spot for Nyquist & one other forward. If Bert is forced to the LTIR it opens up another spot.

Samuelsson-Datsyuk-Filppula
Tootoo-Helm-Eaves
Tatar-Anderson-Nyquist
Emmerton-Abdelkader

I think looking into next year that would be my lineup, if we can only use what we have on the team right now. Give that "4th line" all of the easy offensive zone starts and watch the points come. Our 3rd line would be the traditional grind/muck it up line.

For this year I think Andersson gets sent down once Bert/Sammy/Helm is ready to return. Then it's one of Miller/Lashoff/Huskins that gets sent down after that. I think we're going to carry a pretty full roster the rest of the season as I don't see any reason why they would take Tatar out of the lineup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->