What happens if ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
So, on the main HF NHL board there was a thread asking if there was a rule that prevented a team from putting two goalies on the ice at the same time, which of course there is. Someone posted the rule about goalies and and it says that each team has to have a back-up goalie in gear on the bench. It also states that a skater can only put on goalie gear and play goalie if both goalies are incapacitated.

So, what do the Hawks do if Crawford and the backup both go down in a game? I have never heard of a skater having to play goalie in a NHL game, but I wondered what skater for the Hawks could or would play goalie in this situation. Personally, the thought of Shaw in goal is awesome!

atomicfroster*

if it happens in game a player has to put on the pads, if it happens earlier in the day you could sign someone like your goalie coach or equipment guy to a try out contract and put him on the bench hoping your starter stays heath(assuming someone from rockford couldnt get a flight) (its happened). the answer is clearly #52 in net if needed

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
Brook bank he has showed he is an elite defenseman and 3rd line winger, he is practically the dion sanders of the nhl

Iridium128

May 30, 2012
This happened in the OHL a few years ago, didn't it? A skater (2C IIRC) ended up playing in goal and got lit up.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
You can put literally anyone in goal if both of your goalies go down. You can sign a non-player to an emergency 1-game contract and put them in. The color guy in the radio booth if you like.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
LOL I'd love to see Bollig just get peppered with slap shots...but the Hawks would probably have a better chance at winning if they just played 6-5 the whole game.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Maybe that was the deciding factor when they signed Scott

"Well, we could put his big ass in goal if our goalies go down in game. He can't skate anyways."

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
If it happens to the hawks it would be REALLY bad, they'd probably have to put Khabibulin in net...:cry:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
I'd like to see how a team scrambles to get a replacement and get them into gear if both goalies get injured within a short time of each other.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No problema IF this happens at the UC...simply ask if anyone in the seats has goaltending experience..I am sure somebody who is over 18 and under 60 probably does.. Sign them immediately for 1 game and they play it out. ..next game our Rockford goalies are up...Of course IF Tony O or Murray Bannerman happen to be in the building or our goalies coach...welly any of these "pros" would get first call...but if this tragedy happens on the road.they would probably need to pick a skater from the Hawks roster to don the pads and try to stop shots..I would pick either Ben Smith...just a hunch he would do it best..or Oatrick Shadp...just a hunch his poor fonishing per shot attempt would translate to also poor finishing for opponents trying to finish myriads of great scoring set-up opportunities on him...anyway these would be my 2 hunch picks...but Q would probably order one of his assistant coaches to don the pads.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There'd be a delay and they'd figure something out. I remember Jamie Allison dressed as the backup goalie for Nashville like ten years ago.

Probably Steve Weeks or some local college kid if we've got a few hours to find somebody to sit on the bench.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Tony O would break his damn hip if he actually tried to tend goal. There would be someone else in the building who could dress down if need be. Maybe if they're playing the Blues, they can get ole' Darren "6-hole" Pang to do it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Think that the question's been answered about as well as you could hope, so better close the topic before we just start getting zingers. Charges have been set to blow as soon as someone.....

Bollig. He didn't let one punch get by his face last night

Oh ****!

aD0D9NB_460sa.gif

Should've said "shot" instead of "punch," though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad